KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Instrument of War Webcomic

Instrument of War Webcomic
Started by: rdcomics

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rdcomics

Instrument of War Webcomic

Instrument of War is back!

I found this forum after searching for 'webcomic forum' in Google where it brought up the 'would you like a webcomic thread' post. With the majority saying yes I thought this would be a good place to talk about my own webcomic.

Okay, so a few weeks ago I made a big announcement on my site and my forum, saying that I was going to be starting a new project and that IOW was going to be put on hiatus.

The aim of my RD Comics site was ultimately to get people to read my comic but it was also out there as a portfolio for my work. Ultimately I want to be doing this professionally, full time and I didn’t think that IOW was doing enough to get me noticed.

But then Sunday 5th November came round and I got sent an email telling me that my IOW spin off story, Unity Rising had made the shortlist, along with 4 other entries for the IMAF (International Manga and Anime Festival) Competition, out of a total of 82 entries. I went down to the award ceremony in London last Thursday and was one of the judges final 3 nominees for the grand prize.

Unfortunately, I didn’t win but I did come runner up. I met all of the judges at the awards and they really liked my Unity Rising and IOW stuff and gave me some great feedback on both the story and the art and some even hinted at publication in the future. The main thing I came away with was reassurance that IOW is the right project to be working on.

I really tried to step up the quality of my artwork in Unity Rising and it looks like it paid off. I spent longer on all of the pages and at no point had to rush any of them to make my 5 pages a week deadline. This is a lesson learnt for me I think. I’ve reduced the weekly updates to 4 a week to raise the overall quality and make things more manageable.

So I’ve put my new project on hold. Given my site a brand new look and have started posting Unity Rising on the site. It’s 28 pages in total and I’ve split it up into 4 updates, each launching over the next few Thursdays.

Finally the second volume of IOW, The Search for Isobel will launch on the 21st December with a 12-page update.

I just want to thank all the readers of IOW out there for your patience and I hope you return to the story and like the new stuff. I feel really inspired at the moment and I hope you will see that in the new work.

Thanks

Robert Deas

my website is rdcomicsonline.com

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 01:49 PM
rdcomics is currently offline Click here to Send rdcomics a Private Message Find more posts by rdcomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote