KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » pirates of the caribbean

pirates of the caribbean
Started by: gregmss

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gregmss
We Can Do It

pirates of the caribbean

Pirates of the Caribbean
Screenplay by Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Scene 1: (Dream sequence of Will’s rescue)
Young Elizabeth: [standing at the bow of a ship and singing] …We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up – [Gibbs puts his hand on her shoulder which surprises her]
Gibbs: Quiet, missy, cursed pirates sail these waters. You don’t want to bring them down on us now, do ya?
Norrington: Mr. Gibbs that will do!
Gibbs: She was singing about pirates. Bad luck to be singing about pirates with us mired in this unnatural fog. Mark my words.
Norrington: Consider them marked. On your way.
Gibbs: Aye, Lieutenant. It’s bad luck to have a woman on board, too, even a miniature one.
Young Elizabeth: I think it’d be rather exciting to meet a pirate.
Norrington: Think again, Miss Swann. Vile and dissolute creatures, the lot of them. I intend to see to that any man who sails under a pirate flag or wears a pirate brand gets what he deserves – a short drop and a sudden stop. [ Elizabeth glances at Gibbs who mimes a hanging]
Governor Swann: Lieutenant Norrington, I appreciate your fervor. But I’m…I’m concerned about the effect this subject will have upon my daughter.
Norrington: My apologies, Governor Swann.
Young Elizabeth : Actually, I find it all fascinating.
Governor Swann : Yes, that’s what concerns me.
Young Elizabeth : [sees a parasol and then a piece of wreckage with a boy on it in the water] Look, a boy! There’s a boy in the water!
Gibbs : Man overboard!
Norrington: Haul him aboard. [they get him on board] He’s still breathing.
Gibbs: [spots burning ship] Mary, Mother of God!
Governor Swann : What happened here?
Norrington: It’s most likely the powder magazine. Merchant vessels run heavily armed.
Gibbs : A lot of good it did them. Everyone’s thinking it; I’m just saying it – pirates!
Governor Swann : There’s no proof of that. It was probably an accident.
Norrington: Rouse the Captain immediately! Heave to and take in sail, launch the boats.
Governor Swann : Elizabeth I want you to accompany the boy. He’ll be in your charge. Take care of him. [she nods and walks over to the young Will ]
Young Elizabeth : [Will awakes] It’s ok. My name’s Elizabeth Swann .
Young Will: W-W-Will Turner .
Young Elizabeth : I’m watching over you, Will . [ Will faints, she notices medallion and examines it] You’re a p-pirate. [hides it when Norrington approaches]
Norrington: Has he said anything?
Young Elizabeth : His name is William Turner , that’s all I found out.
Norrington: [to sailors] Take him below.
[ Elizabeth studies the medallion closer and upon looking up sees a ship with the black flag flying at its mast; she closes her eyes]
[End dream]
Scene 2: (A beautiful dress and an impressive sword)
[ Elizabeth awakes and decides to take out the medallion from a hiding place in her bureau drawer; she puts it on; there’s a knock on the door]
Governor Swann : Elizabeth ! Are you alright? Are you decent?
Elizabeth : [hides medallion in the bodice of her nightgown, throws on a robe] Yes, yes!
Governor Swann : Still abed at this hour? [opens the curtains and the window] It’s a beautiful day. I have a gift for you. [reveals dress]
Elizabeth : Oh, it’s beautiful!
Governor Swann : Isn’t it?
Elizabeth : May I inquire as to the occasion?
Governor Swann : Does a father need an occasion to dote upon his daughter? [to the maids] Go on. Actually, I, uh…I had hoped you might wear it for the ceremony today.
Elizabeth : The ceremony?
Governor Swann : Captain Norrington ’s promotion ceremony.
Elizabeth : I knew it!
Governor Swann : Commodore Norrington as he’s about to become! [the maids lace Elizabeth up into a corset] Fine gentleman, don’t you think. He fancies you. Elizabeth ? How’s it coming?
Elizabeth : It’s difficult to say.
Governor Swann : I’m told it’s the latest fashion in London
Elizabeth : Well, women in London must’ve learned not to breathe.
Servant: M’lord , you have a visitor.
[ Will studies a sconce and upon touching it, a piece comes off in his hand; he buries it in the vase that’s holding canes and umbrellas]
Governor Swann : [walks downstairs after the servant] Ah, Mr. Turner , good to see you again.
Will: Good day, sir. I have your order. [opens case and takes out the sword] The blade is folded steel, that’s gold filigree laid into the handle. If I may? [balances the sword] Perfectly balanced. The tang is nearly the full width of the blade. [flips the sword and presents it gracefully to the Governor]
Governor Swann : [takes the sword] Impressive, very impressive. Ah, now, Commodore Norrington is going to be very pleased with this. Do pass my compliments on to your Master.
Will : I shall. A craftsman is always pleased to hear his work is appreciated.
Governor Swann : [enter Elizabeth ] Ah, Elizabeth , you look absolutely stunning.
Elizabeth : Will! So good to see you. I had a dream about you last night.
Will : About me?
Governor Swann : Elizabeth , is that entirely proper for you to…?
Elizabeth : About the day we met, do you remember?
Will : How could I forget, Miss Swann ?
Elizabeth : Will, how many times must I ask you to call me Elizabeth ?
Will: At least once more, Miss Swann , as always.
Governor Swann : There, see, at least the boy has a sense of propriety. Now, we really must be going. Farewell.
Elizabeth : Good day, Mr. Turner .
Governor Swann : Come along.
Will: Good day… [ Elizabeth and the Governor exit, Will trailing after them, they leave in a carriage] Elizabeth .
Scene 3: (A most excellent entrance, the debate, and the proposal)
[Jack stands on the mast of his boat, noticing that it’s filling up with water he jumps down to bail it out; notices three pirate skeletons hanging with a sign “pirates ye be warned” and pays homage to them; reaches the port, his boat sinking lower and lower until he is at the dock and is able to simply walk off the boat’s mast]
Harbormaster: [to Jack ] What? Hold up there, you. It’s a shilling to tie up your boat at the docks. [they both look at the sunken boat] And I shall need to know your name.
Jack : [hands him three shillings] What d’ye say to three shillings and we forget the name
Harbormaster: Welcome to Port Royal , Mr. Smith . [ Jack sees the Harbormasters money pouch and takes it]
[Norrington’s promotion ceremony] Shouted orders to soldiers: Two paces front! Right about turn! Present arms! [Norrington walks to get his promotion, unsheathes his new sword]
Murtogg: [spots Jack ] This dock is off limits to civilians.
Jack : I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t know. If I see one, I shall inform you immediately. [tries to continue on his way but is again thwarted] Apparently there’s some sort of a high toned and fancy to do up at the fort, eh? How could it be that two upstanding gentlemen such as yourselves did not merit an invitation?
Murtogg: Someone has to make sure this dock stays off limits to civilians.
Jack : It’s a fine goal to be sure but it seems to me that a…[shifts again] a ship like that [points out the Dauntless] makes this one here a bit superfluous, really.
Murtogg: Ah, the Dauntless is the power in these waters, true enough, but there’s no ship that can match the Interceptor for speed.
Jack : I’ve heard of one, supposed to be very fast, nigh un-catchable…the Black Pearl.
Mullroy: Well…there’s no real ship that can match the Interceptor.
Murtogg: The Black Pearl is a real ship.
Mullroy: No, no it’s not.
Murtogg: Yes, it is, I’ve seen it.
Mullroy: You’ve seen it?
Murtogg: Yes.
Mullroy: You haven’t seen it.
Murtogg: Yes, I have.
Mullroy: You’ve seen a ship with black sails, that’s crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out?
Murtogg: No.
Mullroy: No.
Murtogg: But I have seen a ship with black sails. [ Jack slips away while they banter]
Mullroy: Oh, and no ship that’s not crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out could possibly have black sails therefore couldn’t possibly be any other ship than the Black Pearl. Is that what you’re saying?
Murtogg: [nods] No.
Mullroy: Like I said… there’s no real ship that can match the Interceptor. [notices Jack at the wheel of the Interceptor]
Murtogg: Hey! You! Get away from there.
Mullroy: You don’t have permission to be aboard there, mate.
Jack : I’m sorry, it’s just it’s such a pretty boat – ship.
Murtogg: What’s your name?
Jack : Smith or…Smithy, if you like.
Mullroy: What’s your purpose in Port Royal , Mr. Smith ?
Murtogg: Yeah, and no lies.
Jack: Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!
Murtogg: I said no lies!
Mullroy: I think he’s telling the truth.
Murtogg: If he were telling the truth, he wouldn’t have told us.
Jack : Unless, of course, he knew you wouldn’t believe the truth even if he told it to you.
[on the battlements of the Fort] Norrington: May I have a moment? You look lovely, Elizabeth . I apologize if I seem forward but I… must speak my mind. This promotion throws into sharp relief that which I have not yet achieved – a marriage to a fine woman. You have become a fine woman, Elizabeth .
Elizabeth : I can’t breathe.
Norrington: Yes, I’m a bit nervous myself. [she falls over battlement]
Scene 4: (The daring rescue and escape)

Jack :
big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue sick

EDIT by kes: i'm sorry I just couldn't let virgin minds be perverted messed
Seriously, please careful with the spoilers. Some ppl want to see the movie without knowing the sript.

Last edited by Kes on Aug 18th, 2003 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 10:24 PM
gregmss is currently offline Click here to Send gregmss a Private Message Find more posts by gregmss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs.Sparrow

I read the WHOLE thing at simplyscripts.com pirate arrrrggg!!Jhonny arrg is arrg SEXY arrg

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 10:28 PM
Mrs.Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs.Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs.Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs.Sparrow

But it's such a pretty boat!!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2003 10:29 PM
Mrs.Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs.Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs.Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

um sweety thats all well + good cuz i love potc and everything....but arent you kinda in the wrong place???

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*sigh* I've missed you guys.. smile

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 02:13 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

quote:
Originally posted by billyboyd4ever
um sweety thats all well + good cuz i love potc and everything....but arent you kinda in the wrong place???

Yeah!!....Isn't there like another forum for this??confused

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 02:35 AM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

get that pirate Sh*t out of here.

Frodo - My dear Sam.

Gollum - My Precious!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 03:20 AM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

haha laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 04:02 AM
billyboyd4ever is currently offline Click here to Send billyboyd4ever a Private Message Find more posts by billyboyd4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CapinJacksparow
Captain Jack Sparrow

ya. i mean i like potc and all, but i believe there is a LOBBY FOR PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN. it's a great movie, but i think lotr is better... that's why i'm here. but the reason why i'm HERE writing under POTC is because i like this movie too. (the reason 4 the potc screen name is b/c my fav. character in lotr is somewhat taken by billyboyd4ever) kinda confusing but if u read my post once or twice you'll get it. smile

Me? I'm dishonest. But it's the dishonest people you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you've got to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 05:42 AM
CapinJacksparow is currently offline Click here to Send CapinJacksparow a Private Message Find more posts by CapinJacksparow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
billyboyd4ever
Diamond of Long Cleeve

quote:
Originally posted by CapinJacksparow
ya. i mean i like potc and all, but i believe there is a LOBBY FOR PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN. it's a great movie, but i think lotr is better... that's why i'm here. but the reason why i'm HERE writing under POTC is because i like this movie too. (the reason 4 the potc screen name is b/c my fav. character in lotr is somewhat taken by billyboyd4ever) kinda confusing but if u read my post once or twice you'll get it. smile

hahahahahahahhahahahahaahah omg a lobby for potc!!!! hahah that was classic....hhahaha sorry bout the sn tho...hehe i beat you to it!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 06:26 PM
gregmss
We Can Do It

hi who hates me

We're Bialystock and Bloom

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 08:59 PM
gregmss is currently offline Click here to Send gregmss a Private Message Find more posts by gregmss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBjackshat
Jack is mine!!!!!

hey potc is the best movie on the whole planet!!!!!!! AND THAT JACK SPARROW IS A PIECE O WORK AIN'T HE!!!!!! HOTTNESS!!!!!!!! all u who says lotr is bttr in potc is CRAZY!!!!!!!!! i've seen potc 10 times and it gets better every time (not to mention so does jack)!!!!!!!!!! I B JACK'S HAT!!!!!! OH AND ANOTHER ONE OF THE MANY MRS. CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW'S!!!!!!!!

J/ A/ C/ K/ S/ P/ A/ R/ R/ O/ W/
-my anti drug-
all u captain jack lovers shud email me at [email protected]

Me i'm innocent...BLAME IT ON THE IMPROV!!!!!!!!

"ACTING IS LIKE ICE-SKATING...YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF!"
~MARIE SPARROW

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 01:46 AM
IBjackshat is currently offline Click here to Send IBjackshat a Private Message Find more posts by IBjackshat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBjackshat
Jack is mine!!!!!

"smith or smithy if u'd like"

" but it's such a pretty boat...ship!"

"what do u say to three shilings and we forget the name"

if any one besides me speaks with a cockney accent instead of american...please say so...i feel all alone...sep for...grrrrr...captain jack sparrow!!!!!!

"ACTING IS LIKE ICE-SKATING...YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF!"
~MARIE SPARROW

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 01:51 AM
IBjackshat is currently offline Click here to Send IBjackshat a Private Message Find more posts by IBjackshat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Ur name says jack shat!! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
Oh never mind...guess my mind is in the gutter...

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 01:53 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IBjackshat
Jack is mine!!!!!

hun it's JACK'S HAT!!!!! whooo u needa get out more often...jk pirate beer

here b ur rock n'roll rock

~MARIE SPARROW

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 04:12 PM
cogger15
JohnnyDeppObbsessive

pirates of the caribbean rules! much better than LOTR!!!!!!! johnny and orlando are sooooo hott as pirates!!!!

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!!! pirate pirate love love love

Attachment: will&jack3.jpg
This has been downloaded 147 time(s).

Can Ya Dig It??

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 05:25 PM
cogger15 is currently offline Click here to Send cogger15 a Private Message Find more posts by cogger15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

gregmss>What is that?Your 1st post?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 05:35 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gregmss
We Can Do It

yes

We're Bialystock and Bloom

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 07:49 PM
Kes
Philie

Yes?! What is it? Is it the script?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 07:51 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katie1989

Love CJS pics

Does anyone have some really good pics from the POTC? eg Jack Sparrow doing a charismatic swagger

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:47 PM
katie1989 is currently offline Click here to Send katie1989 a Private Message Find more posts by katie1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

You mean his drunkin stumble?

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:49 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote