KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates of the Carribean mistakes

Pirates of the Carribean mistakes
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Pirates of the Carribean mistakes

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 06:08 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

how do people NOTICE these things?!?!? I spent a good part of the movie staring dreamily at Johnny Depp!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 06:08 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

:laugh; some are really good...especially the factual errors. That one with the boat on the bottom of the see is ebvious..but i let it go because the movie is funny and not made strictly to teh details.

the black pearl shouldn't even move with those whole in sails...but the whole enhace the atmosphere..so there you go

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 06:22 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cogger15
JohnnyDeppObbsessive

god lol lots of mistakes! but who cares? its still a great film!!!

Can Ya Dig It??

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 06:34 PM
cogger15 is currently offline Click here to Send cogger15 a Private Message Find more posts by cogger15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates_lass
pirate

wrong bout the bout thingy under water

Bring me that horrisen nananannana and really bad eggs... drink up me 'arties yoho! -black out-

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 03:41 AM
Pirates_lass is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates_lass a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates_lass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Captain Norrington is "promoted" to Commodore. However, commodore was not a rank in the British navy, but a posting. A post captain could be appointed commodore (meaning he commanded more than one vessel) for a specific task, but when that task was completed, he became a post captain again. A promotion would have made Norrington an admiral."

That is STAGGERINGLY petty! You can't promote someone Admiral unless there is a vacancy and Commodore WAS recognised as a seperate rank, temporary or otherwise. They could just fudge it by saying he had a permanent detached command of his own.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 01:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

You should correct that mistake Ush.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 02:38 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WeAreTheWorld

I was in this site and discovered that the longer the movies the more mistakes.. in most of the movies around the same length there were around 100 mistakes.. therefore POTC styll rocks!!!and did good considering he length

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 09:33 PM
WeAreTheWorld is currently offline Click here to Send WeAreTheWorld a Private Message Find more posts by WeAreTheWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CapinJacksparow
Captain Jack Sparrow

aye! but they missed one VERY IMPORTANT AND ANNOYING MISTAKE!!!! that necklace chain must be magical!!! they keep ripping it off and putting it back on! ever since elizabeth first met will! she ripped it off his neck, then put it back on with no trouble, and ripped it off, and put it back on....

Me? I'm dishonest. But it's the dishonest people you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you've got to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 03:00 AM
CapinJacksparow is currently offline Click here to Send CapinJacksparow a Private Message Find more posts by CapinJacksparow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

quote:
Originally posted by CapinJacksparow
aye! but they missed one VERY IMPORTANT AND ANNOYING MISTAKE!!!! that necklace chain must be magical!!! they keep ripping it off and putting it back on! ever since elizabeth first met will! she ripped it off his neck, then put it back on with no trouble, and ripped it off, and put it back on....

this was mentioned a lot actually, but in the 'corrections' part. it was mentioned that theyre are necklaces that are DESIGNED to snap off, eg for if you get it caught on something, then it wont strangle you. also, old fashioned chains for necklaces were made so you could fasten it ANYWHERE on the chain, so they just made one type of chain, instead of faffing about making ones for wide necks and narrow necks

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 02:09 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

Funny that same thing was noticed in the Fellowship of the rings, frodo kept losing the chain with the ring.
It must be a standard movie prop where chains just come off with a little tug

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 05:14 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

laughing out loud its good to see moviemistakes is still maintaining their 'magnifying glass investigation' mode................keep up the good work guys...it gives us more reasons to watch our fave movies over and over

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Aug 20th, 2003 05:18 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ahaetrkarykl
---------------

ok ive really got a question about the movie because there is a part that i didnt understand. i dont know how to do that thing to make it all black unless you highlight it so i'll just give this warning

IM PUTTING SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!! DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE SPOPILERS!!!!!!!

ok in the end scene where jack is saying you will remember today as the day you almost caught....and then he falls into the water, well when he looks up from the water there is a ship that has white sails. then when he gets on the ship it is the pearl like it should be with black sails. did i just miss something because i dont get it. i must be just making a stupid mistake because they didnt mention it on that webpage of POTC mistakes.

a little help would be greatly appriciated

thanks

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 04:29 AM
ahaetrkarykl is currently offline Click here to Send ahaetrkarykl a Private Message Find more posts by ahaetrkarykl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CapinJacksparow
Captain Jack Sparrow

aye! thank you for tellin me the truth on the necklace thing! i thought i was insane and the only one who noticed the mistake but it was actually ment to be! i'm happy now....
but to answer the question about the white sails. in the time that jack's tortuga crew took the ship and brought it to port royal, they got it fixed. as you remember it was in a raging battle against the interceptor. and of course, it was damaged. so they fixed it up for jack, and added new sails. they where white because it's kinda hard to find black sails in the caribbean. hope that answers it for ye.

Me? I'm dishonest. But it's the dishonest people you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you've got to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 04:54 AM
CapinJacksparow is currently offline Click here to Send CapinJacksparow a Private Message Find more posts by CapinJacksparow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
You should correct that mistake Ush.

I would, but that COULD be seen as even MORE petty!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I would, but that COULD be seen as even MORE petty!

laughing out loud

Well if a mistake is not a mistake eit should be corrected,right?! smile

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:44 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah... but frankly, I hate that site anyway, it's always full of rubbish.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:51 PM
Kes
Philie

Well they do have a way to correct the ones that are wrong.
I like it. I love looking for mistakes.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 01:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, maybe...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 02:13 PM
Chesh
I Love My Geek! <3

...I have a question...:
When Barbosa and the crew of the Pearl are making Elizabeth and Jack walk the blank, Barbosa demands the dress he gave Elizabeth back. She acquiesces, saying "It goes with your black heart." BUT THE DRESS IS A MAROON/PURPLE, not black at all! What gives???

sometimes credited as "Oprah Noodlemantra " ...betcha didn't know THAT! HUH?!
Some Johnny Depp Quotes:
Benny & Joon (Sam)
*Sam pushes Joon's hair away from her ear*
Joon: What?
Sam: Kirk Douglas... Van Gogh... ear...
Joon: Oh.
- -
Joon: You're out of your tree.
Sam: It's not my tree.
Ed Wood
You seem a little agitated. Do you want to go outside and have some air?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 05:40 AM
Chesh is currently offline Click here to Send Chesh a Private Message Find more posts by Chesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote