KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Best Pirates of the Caribbean sword fighter.

Best 'Pirates' swordfighter.
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hector Barbossa 2 3.85%
James Norrington 3 5.77%
Will Turner 12 23.08%
Jack Sparrow 26 50.00%
Pintel 0 0%
Ragetti 0 0%
Elizabeth Swan 4 7.69%
Davy Jones 5 9.62%
Total: 52 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Pirates of the Caribbean sword fighter.
Started by: Dr. Joke

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

Best Pirates of the Caribbean sword fighter.

In the Pirates of the Caribbean series, including what might happen in the third film (Davy Jones), who would say has the greatest skill with a sword?

I say Jones, as he could probably fight with his tentacled 'beard' (he seemed rather coordinated with the tentacles while playing the organ, and had them hold his hat to his head while the Duchman submerged).

His fighting style would be a lot like General Grievous' because he would fight with more than one weapon.

Last edited by Dr. Joke on Jul 26th, 2006 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:33 PM
Dr. Joke is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Joke a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Joke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Will is said to be the best swordsman in the movies by the screenwriters. Jack Sparrow is said to be the worse out of Will, Norrington, and Barbossa and the only reason Jack can win is because he uses his wits.

Will Turner is the best swordsman according to the screenwriters and that would be the highest form of cannon.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:39 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Def. Jack........Yea, he uses his wits......he is smart, and he plays mind tricks on people..........and he is the pirate......he's never really lost a fight......

When did the screenwriters say that ESB -1138?

Last edited by blackpearl44 on Jul 26th, 2006 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:49 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

DVD commentary

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:50 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

Jack is the pirate, nomatter which way you look at it......not even Will can beat him......they might say that Will is the best swordsman....but they haven't really shown it.....

Last edited by blackpearl44 on Jul 26th, 2006 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 06:53 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

He shown it against Jack and Norrington. Just watch the 3 way duel again and you can see that Will is clearly the best. Jack would be able to beat them all but it would be using his wits but it said best sword fighter so that would be Will.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:00 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I think Davy would suck at sowrdfighting. he can barely walk! He just hobbles around. And he cant use hsi other hand cause its just a claw..

Barbossa is very good but I'm going with jack...he is smart

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:03 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

True, Jack has wits, but in Dead Man's Chest they didn't help much when he tried to make Will worth more souls for Jones. Davy said Will was worth one soul and only one soul, regardless of Jack's futile attempts a barganing.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:04 PM
Dr. Joke is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Joke a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Joke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^ Right.......but nobody can change Davy's mind about the amount of souls an individual person is worth.....nomatter who is barganing.....

Nobody really won that 3-way swordfight anyway......nobody can manage to beat Jack.....regardless of who is the best swordsman......

Last edited by blackpearl44 on Jul 26th, 2006 at 07:07 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:05 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Has anyone noticed that Will gets knocked out a lot in both movies.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:18 PM
blackpearl44

^^ LOL yea.......

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 07:49 PM
random21

i say... jack. hes smart and can outwit anyone. ^^i agree, hes never really lost a fight i dont think.

Jack Sparrow- I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:12 PM
random21 is currently offline Click here to Send random21 a Private Message Find more posts by random21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

When the heck did davy fight with a sword? confused

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Davy Jones is a complete unknown. We have no knowledge of his fighting skill. Whoever voted for Davy Jones need to rethink that. We haven't seen him in combat. For all we know he could really suck and that's why he sends out the Kraken.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:39 PM
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

In an interview with Bill Nighy at Comingsoon.net asked the question:

CS: Do you actually get to do any sword fighting in the movie?

To which Bill responded:

Nighy: I have some serious sword fighting.

Pirates 3 was being filmed at the same time a Dead Man's Chest, so this could be refering the the third installment.

Link:http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14949

(About half-way down)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:50 PM
LovelyOne

he has a crab claw...must be hard to pick up a sword.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:50 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
random21

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
he has a crab claw...must be hard to pick up a sword.

lol! good point

Jack Sparrow- I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 08:59 PM
random21 is currently offline Click here to Send random21 a Private Message Find more posts by random21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

Which is why I say he might be able to use his beard tentacles (Read first post).

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:02 PM
Dr. Joke
Clown Prince of Crime

Barbossa and Norrington are equaly skilled with a sword according to the comentary of the first film.

Just wondering why Barbossa is ahead of Norrington.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:24 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dr. Joke
Which is why I say he might be able to use his beard tentacles (Read first post).

LOL lots of swords in one go..that would mean he could KICK SERIOUS ASS!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 09:25 PM