KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » pirate love fest

pirate love fest
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

Love pirate love fest

i was going to call this something else, but figured it would be innappropriate... lol....

basically, i just wanted to say i heart you all! you all have great thoughts, theories, ideas and opinions and i really enjoy this forum. what would we do without the internet? Thanks, Al Gore! smile hehehehe. if i could, i would buy an island for all you guys so we could sit around in scruffy clothes with rum, chatting about pirate legends. big hug to everyone! smile

now enough with the sap, onto the swashbuckling! smile
yo ho, argh, and other piraty words...

(gosh this has to be the most pointless thread ever, hehehe. YAY me!)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 04:25 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vegaofthelyre

I love this thread, drinks all around!

Anyway, since i figure this is pretty much an open thread, I want to just say that I really think Gibbs is a great character. Of course, our hearts lie with Johnny/Jack forever but Gibbs lends a fantastic flavour to the Pirates franchise. Just felt like mentioning that because it seems like we haven't discussed him much around here.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always found him hilarious. His sea-turtle explanation in Pirates 1: "Aye.. SEA TURTLES!!" o_O hahahah big grin big grin

And the Tortuga scene where he and Jack were trying to recruit 100 souls... priceless!!

Random Guy #1:"My wife left me and I don't care whether I live or die"
Gibbs: "Excellent!"

Random guy#2: "It's wouldn't mind sailing the seas forever!"
Gibbs: "It may come sooner than you think!"

hahahahah! okay sorry just thought I'd add my 2cents on Gibbs.. smile

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:34 AM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I love Gibbs too. Its funny how he's always there to explain all these things to Will.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 03:52 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

YAYAYAY!!!! smile i love Gibbs in a big way. He is one of my all time favorite characters. every amazing rogue/hero needs a great sidekick.... where would Jack be without Gibbs? Gibbs does all the stuff Jack doesnt want to bother with- recruiting guys to sell, handling crew moral, explainging stuff to "the boy..." hehehe. smile
he is just a hilarious character. he is such a great actor too. he just lends this amazing dynamic to everything. sooooo funny and lovely and simple and effective. smile YAY Gibbs!!!!

as long as this is an open thread, i guess i will also say i adore Norringtons' first mate guy in the 1st one---- the one they take the dauntless from--- "you'lll never make it out of port" "A little mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story" etc... He is a really funny character. i missed him in this one.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 04:38 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I love this thread. Anything goes....I love Mr. Gibbs too - now tell me, how did he go from being afraid of Pirates in the very first scene of the first move - warning young LIzzie not to sing about Pirates and then later he becomes a Pirate himself? Anyone know the story?

I agree about all his great lines. I love how he explains Jack to Will. Gibbs himself almost has a fatherly love for Jack. He always looks out for Jack....I like the first POTC when he and Jack are talking in the bar in Tortuga and he says "Leverage says you..." He's great.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:43 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Absolutely... smile
i dont think anyone knows Gibbs full story... in the 1st commentary the writers make fun of the fact that they made such a giant switch in his character without explaining why or what happened to him. All they say in hinting is that he obviously has authority problems with Norrington, and is a bad sailer (the drinking, etc.) lol. they also continually call him "badger" which i thought was rather adorable.

i want to take a moment to get eloquent about the fashions of the caribbean. What are all those port royal people thinking, flouncing around in full-British gear?!?!?!! i mean, England tends toward the chilly/rainy side, so it would make sense there, but can you imagine wearing 30 pounds of brocade in the Caribbean?!?!?!?!! i would smell sooooooo bad....

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:47 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

ahhh. gibbs. remember when he pretended to hang himself in the first movie to explain to mini liz what would happen to a pirate? good times. and him and Will in the cages in the 2nd movie? more good times. he actually is a really good character.happy

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:47 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

YAY Gibbs! smile oooooo remember at the beginning of the 2nd one when he was singing "yo ho ho and a bottle of rum?!?!" amazing. seriously.

maybe Gibbs and Liz should hook up. hahaha just kiddin as usual.

isnt it kind of spectacular how quickly they all get around the caribbean in ships???? i mean, all those places must have been pretty close to each other, cause they get to Tortuga from Port Royal in like 2 days.

You know who else i love???? One-eyed guy. I love it in the 2nd one when the monkey steals his eye and he is like flaying about on the deck, saying "dont bite it!" its soooo funny.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:51 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

eek! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!
what would the movie be without the one-eyed guy(ragetti i think is his name)??!! it wouldn't be as funny in the first one if he wasn't always chasing after his eye or plucking a fork out of his eye or wishing he had a glass eye. it's all great!! <3

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:54 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

i know!!!! there are endless gags you can pull with a one-eyed dude. its just amazing how realistic it looks... creepy! lol.

will he really get a diamond eye in the next one? i hope so. smile poor guy.
ragetti needs a hair cut though.

if i were in the caribbean, i would probably stop wearing bras/ corsets/ undergarments altogether. it would make things a lot cooler.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 05:56 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loud not that kiera needs to wear a bra anyways. jk jk. but seriously. i wouldn't wear a corset. ever. and i wouldn't be wearing a dress either. i would probably be wearing the clothes liz wears in the 2nd one. swashbuckling boots, loose pants, and a flowy kinda shirt. sounds comfortable to me.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:03 PM
katelovespirate

boots would get hott i bet. I would probably go with that "jack on the island" look--- loose flowy shirt, short pants, and a sash around the waist.

I might go bald as well. I bet long hair would get super annoying in the caribbean.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:13 PM
katelovespirate

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 06:40 PM
vegaofthelyre

Oh wow that's gorgeous.. did u paint that??

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:13 PM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hahaha i wish! lol. no i was just feeling mermaidy. smile

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:14 PM
katelovespirate

how does gibbs know all the legends surrounding cap. jack?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:14 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

because they're buddies. right? i think he used to be on cpt.jack's crew before he went to tortuga. then i guess gibb's drank so much that he lost jack and decided to stay there since he gets to drink rum all the time.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:45 PM
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

The painting real is good only a litle squishy

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:52 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

you mean blurry? if you do, i agree. but it's nice anyways.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 07:55 PM
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

Blury too but the mermaid looks kinda squished

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2006 08:17 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote