KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » the compass....again i know

the compass....again i know
Started by: sailorleo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

Miffed the compass....again i know

um i was wondering in the first movie when Norrington has the compass you now "compass that doesn't point north," is in fact pointing to sparrow, now am i too assume that oh, Johnny trumps Kiera..?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 07:51 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

LOOOOOOOOL..thats very strange actually...maybe back when they wrote it the compass only pointed where Jack wanted it to point..and when someone else held it it didnt work? They wrote the first one with no intention of writing a second script..

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:06 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah thats true. and the compass always takes a few seconds to work and norrington barely glances at it.

if it was pointing to jack, it probably had something to do with the fact that Norrington was a proffessional who loved capturing pirates, and here was another to add to his impressive list.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:50 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

**drools about norrington** yeah i thought that too, i was just wondering what the conspirists thought...or if any one read the fanfics i've heard of lol

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 08:56 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

conspirists???? who are they??? what do they think???? i am intrigued.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2006 11:29 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

ummm...well....um....Jack and Norrie gay romp fics....some people really get into their own stuff...

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 12:20 AM
katelovespirate

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i hate it when people try and say Jack is gay, because its such a dumb idea i dont even want to argue about it because thats the silliest thing i have ever heard. jack is a total homophobe, plus he hates norrington, plus he is attracted to women.

Hee hee.. norringtons kinda hott though. jack dav. is soooooo funny on the commentary... smile

How can Jack Sparrow be so sexy? Like, even when he is being totally goofy and dumb, there is this undeniable, extreme charm there. lol. what a great character.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 01:52 AM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

i think norrington is totally an underated character in the POTC movies he needs more screenitme...and by the way reffering to the commentaries...shut up knightly! Now one cares about ur tuny bosom....oh god i said it...now im going to slaughtered...be nice...neehhh (runs away like jack)

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 02:56 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Sigh. If only we could have Norrington's personality from the first movie and his looks from the second movie. He may have been a little snobby, but he was the only one who stood for law and order and he gave up Liz after asking her if Will was who she really wanted. Now in this second one, he's just a broken, bitter man who is working on the wrong side. Maybe he'll find someone like Anamaria who will loosen him up but get him back on the good side!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2006 11:45 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

...perhaps

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 05:48 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

Re: the compass....again i know

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sailorleo
um i was wondering in the first movie when Norrington has the compass you now "compass that doesn't point north," is in fact pointing to sparrow, now am i too assume that oh, Johnny trumps Kiera..?

omg, i noticed that when i was watching COTBP a few days ago. i laughed. it's the most stupid idea ever that either on of them is gay though. i mean, half the country is against gay-ness. maybe they just didnt think anyone would notice?

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 06:30 AM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

wait, forget everything i just said.
norrington opened the compass so that north was facing towards jack, who was standing directly in front of him. right when he said that, he said "a compass that DOESNT point north." so it couldn't have been pointing towards jack because jack was north. they must've just thought nobody would pay attention.
sorry if this is wrong lol. im confusing myself thinking about it. it's really confusing. if i'm correct, could someone explain it to me, and if i'm wrong, can someone explain it to me? haha thanks.
happy holidays. =]

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 06:36 AM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Who cares if Jack/Norrington is canon or not? It's fun to write (more fun to read), and in the Alternate World of Slash, James and Jack sure do make a fun pairing. big grin

As for the compass pointing toward Jack, well...yeah, Norrington wants to capture Jack 'cause he's a pirate. big grin

Oh...and what's wrong with brocade? big grin Stuffington or Scruffington, I adore Norrington either way. Sexy voice and gorgeous eyes...*sighs* And Elizabeth gave it all away. What was she thinking?! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 07:27 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

haha
i do not support gays in some catagories/i have slight homophobia so i do not like the slash stuff
but i've actually never really liked norrington.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 07:55 AM
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

and you're right about the compass pointing to jack
even if it did point to him while norrington was holding it, it was probably because he wanted to capture and kill jack sparrow the most

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 07:56 AM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

I mean of course he wanted to capture Jack, he even knows the tattoo on Jacks hand to identify him, so why shouldn't he be interested in getting him? And now Jack is direct in front of him, does anyone think he thinks now about something else?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 01:37 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Norrie and Jackie = OTP stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 07:28 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

how is jack north?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2006 09:11 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Here's an idea that's really simple, what if it was pointing to Jack because in Norrington's mind, capturing Jack would impress Liz? Don't forget last we knew, Norrington really has it bad for Liz yet doesn't know her all that well. Yeah, he knows she's gorgeous and smart and brave and all, but I don't think he knows about her pirate fetish. Maybe this was his chance to be the hero, especially after the fact it was Jack that saved her from drowning. Maybe that's why it points to Jack.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 01:05 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

No, no. The compass points to Jack because Norrington secretly digs pirates and Jack is after all, a very attractive one. Don't you see the hidden sexual desire? It's all right there.

I mean, Jack even has James on his knees in the second film...

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 02:27 AM