KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Will gets the girl??

Will gets the girl??
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

Will gets the girl??

Okay, I have been cheering for Jack and Liz the whole time, and I still am. But i had a long discussion with my sister about it, and she had some really good points, which i thought would be worthy of discussion...

she suggested that this film has a lot of continuing jokes and themes in it... Jack chases after Barbossa for 10 years to kill him, that sort of thing. If Disney were to keep that up, Liz and Will would HAVE to end up together, because they have been paired from the beginning.
Also, she mentioned that if Liz and Will were to end up together, a lot of changes would have to happen to his character. Jack is actually the first one to label Will a pirate, in the 1st film... and says he is well on his way to becoming one. In 2 Will has been annoyingly honorable, but as he watched Liz become more and more unpredictable and pirate like, it is likely he will join in rather than pull away. The guess is that Will will do something very similar to what Liz did at the end of two---- possibly seduce Tia Dalma, or something like that, in order to save Elizabeth or something. The key is he will commit an action that really sends him over to pirate camp, thus clearing the way for him to re-win liz. Meanwhile, Liz will still be in limbo over what lifestyle she truly wants.

i still am going for Jack and Liz though. Why bother turning your boyfriend into a pirate, when you have a much better one in front of you? wink

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 08:30 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

We ARE going to see Will change..I have a feeling hes not going to be a very likeable character in the next..He wont turn pirate..I very much doubt that...he will do something for the "honorable men" which he thinks is a good thing..the fact he saw Liz kissing a pirate is going to make him hate them all the more..

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 08:47 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

If he was going to be a pirate, he wouldn't have been dressed that way in the 2nd movie.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 09:08 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hahaha... btw whats up with will's necklace in 2?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 09:53 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

What did the necklace look like?

Oh and also..Will's father is a constant reminder to him that the pirate life "officially" SUCKS

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 10:36 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yeah. i dont really remember it.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 12:38 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

True...I think Will may even join forces with Lord Beckett and Norrington...I really don't like Will....so it wouldn't hurt me one bit if he turned out to be a bad guy...but don't think that will happen...but then again they did say to expect the unexpected in 3 - it will be bigger and better and darker and more adult....hey, more adult...maybe that means we will get to see a HOTT Jack and Liz moment...crossing my fingers...

Attachment: 44.jpg
This has been downloaded 109 time(s).

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:06 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I shouldn't have said that about Will...but can't help it I'm just not a big fan of Will...I guess that's why it is so easy for me to root for Jack...and I agree with Katelovespirates...Why change Will into a pirate...when you got the hottest, sexiest, craziest, gorgeous Pirate already staring you right in the face.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:08 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

dont worry. i dont really care for him either. I only like him because he is hot. but thats not a good enough reason to like his character.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:11 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh i definately dont like the character of will. i think orlanda is pretty hott and does a reasonably good job portraying him, but Will is NOT extremely likable, ESPECIALLY in 2. yeah, he does crazy things for Liz, but he's got a bad attitude, he gets angry at everyone a lot, he is SO single minded in his pursuits that his adventures all seem dull compared to everyone elses. his character NEVER seems to open up or be vulnerable with ANYONE... i dont like that. i want to see Will Turner really vulnerable or really goofy or really happy or something.
He just falls flat next to the charm, grace, humour and delight that is Jack SParrow.

i didnt mean for this to turn into a bash will thread, hahahaha. but its hard to care for him next to lovely Jack Sparrow with his myriad of personalities, his incredible DEPTH as a character...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:26 AM
katelovespirate

i have to go on and say its true, Will isnt a multi-dimensional character... what does he want? Elizabeth. Why? Who knows. Does he like pirates? We dont really know. he bashes them, then tries to save Jack, then sort of turns pirate, then seems to hate them still. Is he ever just happy? nope. he just likes to be in charge, like when he is managing the battle against the kraken.
there is honor there, im not arguing that. but anything interesting? not really.
but if someone wants to present a case for will and talk about his depth, i am ready to listen!!!! smile

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:28 AM
lovethemtigers

Agreed...I really don't understand the purpose of the Will character at all....he was more likeable in POTC 1 - but then again, he does fail in comparison to Jack Sparrow...even Norrington is alot more enjoyeable to watch than Will...is Orlando Just a bad actor...I've never seen him in anything else...or is it the Will character...Or is it that Johnny as Jack is just so dazzling...he pales next to him....I just don't get the Will/Liz pairing at all...I'm sorry but the more and more I think about it....it just doesn't seem suitable at all that Will and Liz end up together because they are really very different from each other...he hates pirates, and she has always had a thing for Pirates....they have NO chemistry whatsoever in my opinion...I don't get this giggly butterfly feeling when they are in scenes together...I don't sit on the edge of my seat...but with Liz and Jack...I'm on the edge of my seat...I'm giggly, I have butterflies and I'm thinking...okay what's gonna happen next,,,are they going to KISS.....

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:36 AM
lovethemtigers

I know what you mean maybe we should start a "BASH WILL" thread.LOL

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:36 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

haha I don't like Will at all.....

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:37 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Me don't like Will.
And neither does Jack.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:41 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naveed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
oh i definately dont like the character of will. i think orlanda is pretty hott and does a reasonably good job portraying him, but Will is NOT extremely likable, ESPECIALLY in 2. yeah, he does crazy things for Liz, but he's got a bad attitude, he gets angry at everyone a lot, he is SO single minded in his pursuits that his adventures all seem dull compared to everyone elses. his character NEVER seems to open up or be vulnerable with ANYONE... i dont like that. i want to see Will Turner really vulnerable or really goofy or really happy or something.
He just falls flat next to the charm, grace, humour and delight that is Jack SParrow.

i didnt mean for this to turn into a bash will thread, hahahaha. but its hard to care for him next to lovely Jack Sparrow with his myriad of personalities, his incredible DEPTH as a character...

I agree - he like things more like the traditional way, where the man takes control. He's so black and white, it's like his emotions are one way or the other - he's either happy, or sad.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:53 AM
naveed is currently offline Click here to Send naveed a Private Message Find more posts by naveed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Yeah he's so uptight and no fun at all...just plain old boring...whereas, Jack is fun loving, exciting...mysterious, adventurous....unpredictable...so interesting...many different facets to Jack....

Attachment: jack_liz.jpg
This has been downloaded 104 time(s).

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 01:57 AM
CaptinJackLover

I sort of feel bad for him. Because its extremely hard to be more likeable than Jack. Jack is juist the ultimate character!

It also might just be Orlando's acting. He might just need to do somehting outrageous with his character like Johnny does. Orlando might have ti losen up a bit more. I have a feeling it has nothing to do with his charcter. He just doesnt know how to change it up. Johnny does, he always somehitng different and crazy to make his role memerable by others.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 02:45 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Am I the only one who thinks Will is okay? Not great, but ok? He's a decent guy, practicing his sword-fighting three hours a day, letting his idiot boss take credit for his work, braving extreme bad hygeine and scurvy for Liz. And I think he is becoming multi-dimensional upon the discovery of his father.
Will's not that into pirates, and why should he be? In his experience, they ruined his dad's life and rape and pillage everywhere. He's not a girl and doesn't have the opportunity to be attracted to them sexually. But he realizes sometimes the end justifies the means and turns pirate when he needs to. That compromising of his morals makes him slightly interesting, and he'll grow.

Orlando Bloom said Will is in his own corset and it loosens up as time goes on, so he is growing, but he and Liz still aren't meant to be.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 02:48 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hahaha agree completely.
actually, i did see Will emulating Jack quite a lot in two. In several scenes he is doing some very Jack-esque facial/eyebrow expressions. Hopefully that will continue. I totally want him to wear some eyeliner at some point in 3.

i like him best when he is recovering from the native's drugged dart... he is pretty silly there.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 02:55 AM