KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » All my hopes have now been squashed

All my hopes have now been squashed
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

All my hopes have now been squashed

BAH! this sucks ass...there are loads of "confirmations" from people at Disney who have been saying that Its a Will/Liz thing they are aiming for sad

And there are writers notes on the pages of the leaked script that "Will is wrong in assuming that Elizabeth Loved Jack"

Bruckheimer said at the last comic-con that the next movie as far as relationships go would be about Liz trying to get Will back.

and there are more..oh man this has just totally made my dreams crash and burn..

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:44 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

gomen...but i saw it coming....(gomen = sorry)

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:44 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

GOD...THIS SUX...i cant believe disney would do all that suggesting then crush every1ns dreams...this SUX

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:46 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

darn...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:46 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh dear everyone, dont panic dont panic. we wont know anything till we see it.

all that could be tactical stuff.

otherwise, they will make it good and somehow it will be brilliant anyways.

the problem is, they have ALSO made it very clear that Jack really wanted Liz seriously, not just as another woman. Dont they understand these movies should be revolving around Jack? ya know?

But either way, we dont know anything for certain so lets not get too upset.
There's still hope!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:48 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

yeah I agree with you.

but if Liz cold shoulders him will he still want her?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:50 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

o..i hope so...those jack/liz scenes r sooooooooo HOTT!!!
and i realy hope it waz just some disney tactic!!!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:54 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vegaofthelyre

Oh noo... sad

are you quite sure, LovelyOne?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:01 AM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

But,here's something to consider: IF Will gets Liz then...what's going to happen to Jack? Sail away on his 'Pearl' like in the first one?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:03 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

aww...poor jack...he'll be just as lost as he waz b4 he met lizsad

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:06 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

What the hell? Where did you hear that? Is it a credible source? And just because Will is wrong in assuming Liz loved Jack then doesn't mean she won't love him later.
What was the point of her turning pirate? So she could have her adventure and get it out of her system before she settled down and went into a lifestyle completely unsuitable for her personality? What was the point of all those scenes between her and Jack? Why did they make it so clear she had a special place in his heart?
Did they not pay attention to the deleted scenes? Jack and Liz are two of a kind, peas in a pod. I'm mad! Mad as hell! Can't we all write to Disney and say just because Johnny Depp was uncomfortable kissing Keira doesn't give them the right to make a nonsensical ending. He kissed freakin' Christina Ricci and she was less than half his age. At least Keira's not a freakin' minor.

Curse you, Disney! Curse you for showing us what we can't have.

However, this is a good advertisement for the sequels posted here. At World's End and POTC 4 are posted here on this board and talented people like Kate and CaptainJacky and several others have written excellent stories that show Jack and Liz's relationship the way it should be. Take that, Disney!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:07 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hahaha i love you willofawisp. you crack me up.

as far as the johnny being wierded out by kissing kiera, i have a theory that he wouldnt mind kissing shirley temple if it meant his part got bigger and he got more scenes in the film. ya know what i mean? johnny loves to dominate. so even if it meant doing a few awkward scenes, dont you think he would jump at the chance to take jack's character to that new place and take over the film...?

but screw it all, disney is crap. hehehe.

its feeling very casablanca right now. liz is going to throw away the best sex of her life and the man she loves to "do the right thing" and Jack is going to walk off with Gibbs at the end.

but hey, disney might surprise us. stay positive.

i dont think ANY sources are credible right now. i did an experiment and started a rumor on another forum, and the whole forum like fell to pieces they were so distraught. and i had completely made it up. wink

so lets not panic! hehehehe

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:12 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

LOL...i agree w/ u completely...**mutters**stupid disney

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:14 AM
katelovespirate

night everyone. smile keep the dream alive.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:19 AM
vegaofthelyre

hahah i love katelovespirate... she is so unflaggingly optimistic. stick out tongue

Loved your Casablanca reference!! One of my favorite films ever. Kind of softens the blow of the Jack/Liz split. Perhaps Jack will send her back to Will in the end because he is an honorable man. And Liz will lower her head tearfully and ask, "But what about us?" And Jack will answer, "We'll always have the Island (Paris)" Then Jack will gently raise her head with his finger saying, "Here's looking at the rum, kid"

Wow. I almost brought my self to tears just typing that.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:20 AM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

oh wait here is a bit more hope:

the script excerpt of the "kiss of death" scene said this: [Jack] desired [Elizabeth] all the more, knowing her true heart was the same as his. So there you go -- straight from the writers themselves.

AHA!!! the last 2 movies were written at the same time..so maybe their first intent was to make Liz not really..be falling for him and vise versa...the second draft script gets finished and finalised before the third..So when the3rd one was leaked..it still said "she does not want him" and vise versa crap..

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:24 AM
vegaofthelyre

AHHH! LovelyOne please don't tease me with false hope!! I feel like an emotional yo-yo!! hahahah This is CRAZY!! I need May to come NOW!!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 03:36 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

LOL

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 04:28 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I've said this many times, ladies ...I don't believe that leaked script at all - if you read it and really read it - I'm sorry but it is crappy and I don't seriously Disney would produce a movie based on this script....we cannot panic...Disney would be letting down a big majority of the audience if they don't center POTC 3 around Jack - because Jack is Pirates of the Caribbean...and Will is just an afterthought...so why would a minute character such as Will end up with the Girl....especially since it is indicated that JACK - the main character - Wants Liz.....AHHH

anyways...I do not believe that leaked script at all - and besides it was a really early release and has been revamped many, many times I'm sure....so hold on and lets wait and see....

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 12:45 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
surfchikpir8fan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I've said this many times, ladies ...I don't believe that leaked script at all - if you read it and really read it - I'm sorry but it is crappy and I don't seriously Disney would produce a movie based on this script....we cannot panic...Disney would be letting down a big majority of the audience if they don't center POTC 3 around Jack - because Jack is Pirates of the Caribbean...and Will is just an afterthought...so why would a minute character such as Will end up with the Girl....especially since it is indicated that JACK - the main character - Wants Liz.....AHHH

anyways...I do not believe that leaked script at all - and besides it was a really early release and has been revamped many, many times I'm sure....so hold on and lets wait and see....

AYE!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 12:47 PM
surfchikpir8fan is currently offline Click here to Send surfchikpir8fan a Private Message Find more posts by surfchikpir8fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote