KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » singapore is too far away

singapore is too far away
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

singapore is too far away

ummm, ya know how in these films, they seem to be able to get around the caribbean remarkably quickly?

How are they going to do that as far as singapore... cause it would take a ship like theirs close on a month to sail to singapore, to be realistic. unless Tia jumps in and zaps them all there, i dont understand how that is going to work...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:42 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

using the magical skillz of the director/editor (which i mean transitions and such)

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:43 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

no but i mean with the pacing of the film... they cant just have a month lapse every time they want to pop to singapore, ya know? like, they always have like 5 different things going on at once--- they show the pearl going somewhere, and then they cut to some drama in port royal, and then they cut back to the pearl and voila, its arrived at its destination.

but it will be kind of silly if they try to do that with this--- like, have a little scene and then suddenly they are in singapore--- ya know???

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:46 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

hm...well maybe it'll be like muppet treasure island and when nothing's going on with the pearl they'll break out into a musical number like cabin fever

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 02:47 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Maybe it will show them when they've been traveling for about two weeks or so and then weird things will happen to fill up time and then they'll get to Singapore?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:00 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

wierd things... jack and lizzie... that cabin... hehehehe

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:08 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

yeah...uh huh...some how i don't see it....in our version yes....

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:09 PM
katelovespirate

what WAS singapore like in the 1500/1600s??? time for some research... LOL

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:52 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

i think it was still called Singapore.....that's what they call it in the movie.
and you really have to think about it: they're going to singapore to save jack(or theyre going there after they save jack) FROM A PURGATORY or whatever its called. if that's possible in the movie, then anythings possible. AND if they had the pearl then they could probably get there in a week. but they don't sad so yeah, it'll probably take them a few weeks.

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 03:56 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh i think they get Jack and the pearl and THEN go to singapore... cause Jack is definately in on the singapore action, and without the pearl, it would take them FOREVER to get to there.

so i guess they get Jack relatively early in the film, but i still dont know WHY they are going to singapore...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 05:04 PM
diddly
DIVING

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
no but i mean with the pacing of the film... they cant just have a month lapse every time they want to pop to singapore, ya know? like, they always have like 5 different things going on at once--- they show the pearl going somewhere, and then they cut to some drama in port royal, and then they cut back to the pearl and voila, its arrived at its destination.

but it will be kind of silly if they try to do that with this--- like, have a little scene and then suddenly they are in singapore--- ya know???

Movie magic,.. and they don't shoot the scenes in sequence,.. they may di scenes 1,9,7,10,3 an the black pearl in one shooting but they aren't in order,.. get that??

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 05:07 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

uh...movies never shoot in order

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 11:09 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

thats what I said

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 11:20 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie

oh, sorry i thought that you were implying that it was weird to film out of order

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 11:26 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

no,.. I was implying it was natural

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 11:30 PM
katelovespirate

NO guys i dont mean the movies will be shot out of sequence... LOL... i know they shoot out of sequence. hahaha. i just meant thats a lot of artistic license to take. haha

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 12:36 AM
diddly
DIVING

erm

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 12:37 AM
mmoviejunkie

um....what's that?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 12:41 AM
diddly
DIVING

ya

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 12:47 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

??

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 05:27 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote