KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » DMC questions

DMC questions
Started by: Hambah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

DMC questions

In Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest, there were several Jack/Liz scenes. I have a few questions about them, if anyone could clear them up for me. Lol, sorry, I'm bad at understanding movies:

1. "Persuade Me" - What was Jack hoping Liz would do? Why did he make a grunting noise when she walked away?
2. "Curiosity" - Why did she start that anyway? And when Jack's like "I, being a captain of a ship, could preform a maraige, right here, right on this deck, right...now." What was that all about? Did he mean they would get married, or did he mean he could preform a marriage between her and Will?
3. Did the compass at any time in Jack's hands point to Liz? When?

Okay, I think that's it. Replies would be very much appreciated.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 06:52 PM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

i think...in regard to the grunt thing....it was sorta like way to harsh a boner.....to quote my gay friend...

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 06:53 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

he did mean the marriage between them two because well will wasn't even on the ship at the time and then liz goes on about his hygiene(i think that's at this part)
and i think the compass does point to liz i know it points to her right when he finds the chest but then he's like you're sitting on it so idk about that part

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:13 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

Re: DMC questions

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hambah
In Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest, there were several Jack/Liz scenes. I have a few questions about them, if anyone could clear them up for me. Lol, sorry, I'm bad at understanding movies:

1. "Persuade Me" - What was Jack hoping Liz would do? Why did he make a grunting noise when she walked away?
2. "Curiosity" - Why did she start that anyway? And when Jack's like "I, being a captain of a ship, could preform a maraige, right here, right on this deck, right...now." What was that all about? Did he mean they would get married, or did he mean he could preform a marriage between her and Will?
3. Did the compass at any time in Jack's hands point to Liz? When?

Okay, I think that's it. Replies would be very much appreciated.

1. He wanted her to kiss him or what he was really htink was probably sex but Disney mosyl ikely wanted us to think it was a kiss to be morre apporopriate
2.After the hwole marriage line she said no thank you, then he said "why not we are very much alike you and i and you, us" and then she listed everyhting that was wrong with him so he started saying how she will go over to his side and want him eventually. and yes he meant a marriage between the two of them not Will.
3. They never showed what the compass pointed to exactly when it was in his hands

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:26 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Jack approachs Liz on the steps and this the conversation:

JACK SPARROW
My tremendous intuitive sense of the
female creature informs me that you
are troubled.

ELIZABETH SWANN
I just thought I'd be married by now.
I'm so ready to be married.

[Jack offers Elizabeth a drink from his bottle]

JACK SPARROW
You know... Lizzy... I *am*... captain
of a ship. And *being* captain of a
ship, I could in fact perform a... marriage.
Right here. Right on this deck. Right...
*now*!

[Elizabeth recoils at Jack's breath on the word "now"]

ELIZABETH SWANN
No, thank you.

JACK SPARROW
Why not? We *are* very much alike, you
and I. I and you. Us.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Oh. Except for a sense of honor, and
decency and-and a moral center. And
personal hygiene.

[Jack smells his armpits]

JACK SPARROW
Trifles. You *will* come over to my
side, I know it.

ELIZABETH SWANN
You seem very certain.

JACK SPARROW
One word love: curiosity. You long for
freedom. You long to do what you want
to do because you want it. To act on
selfish impulse. You want to see what
it's like. One day, you won't be able
to resist.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Why doesn't your Compass work?

JACK SPARROW
Uh my Compass works fine.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Because you and I *are* alike, and there
will come a moment when you have a chance
to show it. To do the right thing.

JACK SPARROW
I *love* those moments. I like to wave
at them as they pass by.

ELIZABETH SWANN
You'll have the chance to do something...
something courageous. And when you do,
you'll discover something: that you're
a good man.

JACK SPARROW
All evidence to the contrary.

ELIZABETH SWANN
I have faith in you. Want to know why?

JACK SPARROW
Do tell, dearie.

ELIZABETH SWANN
Curiosity. You're going to want it.
A chance to be admired. And gain the
rewards that follow. You won't be able
to resist. You're going to want to know...
what it tastes like.

JACK SPARROW
I *do* want to know what it tastes like.

ELIZABETH SWANN
But - seeing as you're a good man I
know you will *never* put me in a position
that would compromise my honor.

[Jack stares in horror as the black spot boils back into view
on his hand, Elizabeth doesn't notice]

ELIZABETH SWANN
I'm proud of you, Jack.

He clearly is suggesting a marriage between Him and Liz....and this is all about sex and trust and what they want out of each other...and how well they know each other....Liz has complete trust and faith in Jack...Jack knows that Liz has a Pirate Spirit inside of her and that one day she will come over to his side...she will want to do something selfish...and she is telling Jack that he is a good man and one day he is going to do something really courageous and discover that despite being a pirate he is a good man....which of course they both fullfill in the end...he does something courageous for her and she does something foolishly selfish for herself and to prove to him that she could do it....but then obviously she regrets her actions later....so much remorse and sorrow...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:27 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Yes, the persuade me scene....since it's Disney is...he wanted her to persuade him with a kiss....but since she says the whole "you do know Will taught me how to handle a sword." and he says, "As I said, Persuade Me" well, as an adult...this has very sexual connotations...much deeper than a kiss...not sure how old you are so maybe we shouldn't be talking about such things with you....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:35 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

No it's fine. I'm old enough.

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:38 PM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

My mind automatically thinks dirty things lol. I dont say dirty things or anything its just when I hear something like that I automatically think something like that. Cant help it.. sad

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:38 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

but what I didn't understand. when jack explains her that the compass points in the direction what someone wanted most, then he glances at her and she at him...and said: Oh, Jack! (but why????) Or has she recognised that she is the person he wanted most?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:40 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I'm pretty sure that ship convo on marriage was ALL about sex..she never even mentioned Will she mentioned "I'm so ready to be married" and she's going on about her wedding NIGHT earlier on in the movie..not wedding day she means night as in honey moon..

this is what makes me wonder about Liz..is she really interested in MARRIAGE?..or is it just the sex she REALLY wants?

I would say SEX..which makes me think PIRATE!

even the writers seem to be hinting that all she wants is sex..not actually marriage..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 4th, 2006 at 07:50 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:45 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

she's a women...im betting sex....

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:46 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

most women are like "oh my beautiful wedding day.."

but Liz..I want my beautiful wedding night!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:50 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

me too. definitley

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:50 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

haha well. i guess her morals wont allow her to have a night without a wedding...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:53 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Jack has once been a good brave man..but something happened along the way I think..and its when he started to shut people out of his life, he became the trickster/rogue...and Liz is actually making that champion in him return again..he's starting to care about someone SO much..that his lost braveness has actually come back again becuase he wants to protect the one he loves most...the "king" inside him is returning again..he's going to have his sleep/death/time to reflect...when he comes out?? my god he is going to be different I bet you..

maybe not at first..but he will learn to adjust to fit Liz's wants and needs..

"Jack will have to learn to adjust to the new worls or Die" - Becket....Jack is begining to adjust..he's died..and he is going to come back adjusted to fit in with Elizabeth and her life IMO..

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:55 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

you have a really good theory here LovelyOne!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:56 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
haha well. i guess her morals wont allow her to have a night without a wedding...

Yeah, back in those days...but after what she just did to Jack...what morals does she have left....so, maybe she will accept a life with Jack free of marriage...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:56 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

Elizabeth has a sick mind IMO

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:58 PM
LovelyOne

LOL thank god someone agreed with me..I seem to be one of the only ones who has picked up on this whole fact that..Jack is a coward because he doesn't have anyone in his life that he loves enough to be brave for...People dont seem to notice that as SOON as Liz is in threat...this man transforms into a hero..even in movie 1.

people tend to think I'm a crack pot

(apart from the very few people on here)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 07:58 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

ur not a crack pot! screw all those other peeps!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 08:01 PM