KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Lookie, Lookie What I Found!!!

Lookie, Lookie What I Found!!!
Started by: T.Maria

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Warning Lookie, Lookie What I Found!!!

LOOKIE, LOOKIE WHAT FOUND!!!!!!!

I dont know if this is good or bad....

How do you create a sense of closure for Dead Man's Chest even though you have more story to tell in the third film?

Rossio: The closure comes from a resolution of the thematic argument of the film. While there may be some plot issues still dangling, as long as the film makes a definitive statement in terms of the emotional story of some of the characters, there's a sense of it being complete. Ideally (knock on wood).

Elliott: What's really interesting is -- if there was no sequel after this, if there was no third movie, with the basic emotional moments and what happens at the end of this one -- I would be comfortable having it go out [like this]. We would have resolved the plot of Davy Jones differently, but, in terms of what happens with Jack and Will and Elizabeth and the conclusion of our movie, I feel comfortable that it would work whether you had a sequel coming up or not.

http://www.csweb.ws/csdaily/trenche...sioElliott.html

^^ the original source...

I cant tell whether this is good or bad for us J/E shippers....

GOOD: if this was the last film then Jack technically got the girl because she kissed him, she wanted him...

BAD: She chained him to the ship and let him die...

damnit all!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:07 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

"You've spoken about the need to go someplace new with the characters. How are Will and Elizabeth's characters expanded for the sequels?

Rossio: There's an innocence to Will and Elizabeth in the first movie which is true for any romantic story -- that process of falling in love and coming together. So, naturally, in the second and third movies it has to get a little more sophisticated, a little more adult, where it's one thing to be in love but it's another one to actually get along, to communicate, to understand one another and to see whether or not each person has the same sort of moral compass. So it's, hopefully in its own way, just as romantic, but perhaps more mature. "

That's more interesting!!!

Last edited by Jacky Sparrow on Sep 10th, 2006 at 10:19 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:13 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

yeah!!

and to me that moral compass is starting to point in the anti W/E direction!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:24 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

Yes, I thought exactly the same.

and that phrase is important too:

where it's one thing to be in love (with Will) but it's another one to actually get along, to communicate, to understand one another (Jack)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:26 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
"You've spoken about the need to go someplace new with the characters. How are Will and Elizabeth's characters expanded for the sequels?

Rossio: There's an innocence to Will and Elizabeth in the first movie which is true for any romantic story -- that process of falling in love and coming together. So, naturally, in the second and third movies it has to get a little more sophisticated, a little more adult, where it's one thing to be in love but it's another one to actually get along, to communicate, to understand one another and to see whether or not each person has the same sort of moral compass. So it's, hopefully in its own way, just as romantic, but perhaps more mature. "

That's more interesting!!!

yay!!
i like this-gives lots of hope for jack/liz

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:26 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

OMG how I wish that could come true!!!!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:28 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

oooooo thats very interesting!!! so what the writers are trying to say is that its one different to be in love but another is to have the same exact feelings for eachother and knowing what each wants. Liz loves will but isnt in love with him. They both cant seem to satisfy each others needs the problme is will is a lil stubborn and so is liz bc she thinks its wrong and should stick with will bc hes the only one who could love her...but is it enough..?

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:35 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

come on disney....just give us what we want!!

we're not asking for much....just some jack/elizabeth action!!!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:37 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

disney..just get dirty already lol give us some liz ajck dirty lovin scene lol. I have a feeling disney wont let us down..if they do im so gonna bring walt disney back to the tomb and whine to him about what they have done!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 10:55 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

no, i think it was a good comment, i think, like i said before...liz wanted to get kissed and be in love with someone, so she chooses will (better for her then norrington) but she hasn't realized the feelings about jack ...but i found it remarkable that jack figured it out very fast, that they are peas in a pod

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:10 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

aa jacky ur right!! score for jacky woo!!
at theat moment in the first movie she had no choice..either its norrie or young mr turner. At that moment she couldnt go "ill go with Jack" i think ppl would go "wtf" besides it wasnt the right time jack was in alot of trouble..so liz got "distracted" i guess its the only word i can come up with by Will. and eventually chose will over norrie

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:14 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yeah, wasn't it clear??? he (norri) had proposed her...and she doesn't want him...so she took will

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:15 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

of course she had no choice at that moment. she was focused on Will but have never forgotten about jack. it was a hard time for her.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:19 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

oh, yeah....i could make a fanfic out of it!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:20 PM
LovelyOne

hmm well it basically says..she wants Jack but she chooses Will sad

but then thats not true because she wants to get jack BACK to her after she did that to him..

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:23 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

uhum
its all about brain vs heart..liz is so stubborn.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:27 PM
LovelyOne

aww man this is kinda givin me a bleak outlook on a jack/Liz possibility.. sad

that second one they suggest actualy points more towards Will?liz learning to understand eachother better..thanks disney you SUCK

that lst one actually suggests that they are going to stick together..rather than seperate...I think

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 10th, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

again...im aint giving up. and im not gonna give up on disney either. I think they dont want to totally break will/liz..i think they want make sure will/liz stay together but not as couples but as friends/brotherly love kind of relationship.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:40 PM
LovelyOne

I hope so..

because the ending actually suggests that

Elizabeth belongs to jack..but chooses will

then she decides what she did was wrong and she wants Jack back with her..Its all she can think of

Will is just silent and accepts her wishes..whats more important to him now is his father

I have a feeling they are trying to trick us with what they are saying to be honest..most people would think "oh so its a Will/Liz thing" because she left Jack..but they completley ignore the emotions in that scene AND the last one where she wants Jack back more than anything..and al will cares about is his dad.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 10th, 2006 at 11:47 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:44 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

thats the scary part^^ Will is just silent and accepts it...Will gets too silent IMO and thats where he cooks up a vengeance boiling stu if u know what i mean..no expression

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 11:47 PM