KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)

OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

OH FOR GODS SAKE!! (sorry) (ted and terry talk)

quote:
listened to TnT on the Creative Screenwriting Magazine podcast of 7/28 and there were a few things I learned. They did reference the "chemistry" between Jack-Elizabeth and that "it didn't make sense, really, for those characters to come together". But, they started to think "I'd like to see Elizabeth kiss Jack" and vice versa. They said the only way that the audience (and they) would buy Elizabeth kissing Jack would be if it was life or death and she had to do it to save not only her life, but also Will's life".

They said they were also playing with the idea that "it is entirely possible in this world to be absolutely in love with somebody and find yourself attracted to somebody else...We wanted to explore that with Elizabeth, as well as what happens when you're in love with somebody and suddenly you find your compass pointing to somebody else."

are they friggin KIDDING me? Jack/Liz was on the cards since movie 1..everyone thought..hang on why is she not with Jack?? Even Keira said this..

see yes I would believe that about the full on kiss..but its what happens AFTER that full on kiss that is the real tell point...she LOVED IT..and she tried oh so hard not to do it again..if what they say about the kiss is true then why oh why add in that little "oh I want you so badly" moment afterward??

LOL they MUST have realized this movie only got to 1 billion BECAUSE of this new aspect?? which is Jack/Liz..so burning out?? I don't think so..

Man I'm soo pissed off right now..

how can it be that she didn't want to kiss him after the sheer disappointment on her face after the curiosity scene?? when he didn't kiss her..why was the whole of movie 2 about Jack WANTING this woman..and Liz actually realizing she is ATTRACTED TO JACK?? If its to end up Will/Liz

seriously..if movie 3 is all about Liz turning into a little lap dog following Will around tying to win him back then I'm going to LEAVE the cinema probably vomiting through my nose at the sheer lovesick disgustingness.. and I demand my money back for a wasted 2 sequels where they added in something that means NOTHING..because it all ends up exactly the same as movie 1..where Will/Liz want to be together..and Jack wants his material druggie lifestyle mad

why did I go to watch movie 2 and in the future movie 3 if its just a learning thing for Liz and Will to be together..when they were {through gritted teeth} together IN THE FIRST PLACE???..POINTLESS WASTE OF MY TIME! sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 12th, 2006 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:20 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I've decided..I'm not even gonna watch movie 3 now if this is where they are heading..I'm gonna wait a while to see what really happens..and if it ends Will/Liz..i'm waiting for it to come out on sky movies..no way am I wasting 9 on a ticket to a movie where we learn that Will/Liz were meant to be together..when they already FRIGGING WERE IN MOVIE 1

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:31 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yes, me too. I don't waste my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad mad

Why the hell bloody Will????????? There's no sense in that!!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:32 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PIRATES=SEX
johnny=sex

Exactly in movie two were not all shocked about the kiss we love the idea of jack and liz This is a qoute someone else said , Elizabeth should follow her heart , Its 'pirates of the caribbean' not 'blacksmiths of port royal'

Last edited by PIRATES=SEX on Sep 12th, 2006 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:36 PM
PIRATES=SEX is currently offline Click here to Send PIRATES=SEX a Private Message Find more posts by PIRATES=SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

no, we weren't shocked...because there was a thing between them since the first movie and we all knew that jack is the better man for liz!!! what can she do with a stupid idiot???

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:38 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I didnt spend 19 watching a LIE on screen..i want my money back NOW if they are heading for a Will/Liz ending..SERIOUSLY!! I'm going to write them an angry letter actually..demanding my money back..because if movie 2 was just a waste of my time then I WANT MY MONEY BACK..I'm not even joking here..I dont pay to watch meaningless CRAP on screen

why did they even ADD this in to the middle of the trilogy if it means NOTHING?? If it ends up Will Liz then the middle of the story would mean NOTHING..and I would have wasted my time watching it..becuase the point of the story would be "will/Liz are meant to be" when I could already friggin SEE that with movie 1!

and the point would be "Jack is a materialistic Jerk"..when i KNEW that with movie 1..

sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

OMG I'm so angry right now lol..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 12th, 2006 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:46 PM
reine_mk

WILL IS A GOOD MAN FOR HER, AND JACK SHOULD BE FREE.THIS IS NOT A VASTED MONEY-ON FIRST 2 FILMS....THESE MOVIES WERE GREAT, WE ALL LOVE JACK-FREE AND CRAZY.I MEAN HE'S A LEGEND ALREADY. smile MAYBE THEY'LL FIND HIM A PIRATE GIRL IN 3 WHO KNOWS....BUT EVEN ALONE -HE IS AWESOME !!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:49 PM
reine_mk is currently offline Click here to Send reine_mk a Private Message Find more posts by reine_mk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

no it would be a WASTE of my time because it would mean I watched a 2 and a half hours of meaningless, empty CRAP!..I dont pay to watch meaningless crap that LEADS TO NOTHING in the end!! its a WASTE of my time and money...

why does jack sudenly change and then change back?

why does Liz suddenly change and then change back?

why does will suddenly change and then change back?

I DONT PAY TO WATCH 2:30 of complete BULL SHIT ON SCREEN

actually I paid and watched it twice so thats £19 and 5 hours of my life WASTED ON BULL SHIT..I WANT MY MONEY BACK...NOW..mad

I can't have the time back but I want my ****ing money back NOW

pardon my language but i'm PISSED OFF

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 12th, 2006 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:50 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

LovelyOne, calm down! You'll have a stroke! All this is filming crap. They might be saying just how the idea came about, you know? That could be what triggered them to even put it in in the first place. They saw the chemistry between Johnny and Keira, learned how audiences thought it was great, and maybe that changed how they were going to do things. Don't deny yourself the last installment of the trilogy because it may not end the way you want. They've done 2 spectacular films so far. 3 can't be awful.
If you really are afraid you won't get the ending we all want, feel free to read OUR version of POTC3 and 4. You will love them.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:50 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
no it would be a WASTE of my time because it would mean I watched a 2 and a half hours of meaningless CRAP!

I ask myself then, why did they put in so many things like the sinking dress, the fate thing...all just to irritate us, or what? i mean why didn't they left it out and just showed some *attraction* of them?????? I don't understand it????? was it just for some people to talk about???? i'm so angry right now, i could shoot them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@willo: but it's not the same to read it or to see it!!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:54 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It's the next best thing! At least we have a third movie so we can see Jack live. I'm just not going to get too worked up until I at least see the trailer. We might figure out what direction the movie is going to go if we see the trailer.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 08:57 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

im going to see the movie. i love these films. though i might be disappointed with some of it, i see these films cause they make me laugh and help me escape. lol. no matter what, Jack is going to be flipping hott in the last one.

ted and terry aren't total idiots.

they are just as horny about jack/liz as the rest of us. they WROTE the scene in 1 where Jack rips off lizzie's corset, they WROTE the scene where they both spend the night on the beach (and comment that its up to the audience how far Elizabeth went with Jack) and on and on.

they know the chemistry there is serious. what they said was they didnt see how these characters could come togehter--- which makes sense. Lizzie's all engaged at the end of 1, and Jack would be a difficult character to make fall in love convincingly (though johnny has proven otherwise).

the reason i loved 2 so much was because it SHOCKED me. the kiss did, i mean. literally shocked me out of my seat. why? Cause i never thought i would even get to see Jack and Liz doing THAT much...

im sure they will put in some gratuitous scenes for us jack/liz shippers (since we make up the majority) and will make it all work out, whatever happens.

katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reine_mk

THE MOVIE WITH JACK SPARROW IN IT CAN NOT BE CRAP!!!

reine_mk is currently offline Click here to Send reine_mk a Private Message Find more posts by reine_mk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I know I should calm down but i'm PISSED..I dont pay 19 and spend 5 hours of my life watching aload of ****ing crap on screen that means absolutley nothing..

ahh I'm out of here for a while guys..

waste of ink..

waste of my time..

waste of my money

I want my money back..I could have bought Tomb Raider but nooooo I had to spend my money on a lot of utter meaningless crap on screen...

.........laughing out loud

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:00 PM
katelovespirate

Awe LovelyOne, don't be mad.

You loved the second film!!!! Think about how happy it made you.

We dont know how its going to end yet... maintain hope! smile

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:04 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

but it's difficult to maintain hope at the moment!! because at the moment everything goes wrong

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:04 PM
LovelyOne

I know..I did love it..but its only because I thought it was actually leading somewhere between Jack/Liz..and if movie 2 was just a lie then I dont love it anymore...I wont ever watch it again if I find out it was a lie..just filler time..it would just be pointless to watch..

and if movie 3 goes the same way..then it means that movie means nothing too..because why watch aload of filler crap just to end up how they were in the first place?..as in Will lis knowing they are meant to be together..and Jack loving his materialistic..crack head style life?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 12th, 2006 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:07 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Then stop reading interviews and commentaries. We can't know anything more right now and all those do is confuse us. They want to confuse us. They don't want anyone to figure it out! They are meant to be vague and hard to decipher. Reading them will not make you more knowledgable. We loved POTC1 and Jack and Liz didn't wind up together there. We loved POTC2 and there was no Jack/Liz having sex on the beach. There will still be Jack/Liz chemistry, I'll bet you anything, and we have our imaginations if the worst case scenario is true and she runs back to bloody stupid Will.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:07 PM
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Then stop reading interviews and commentaries. We can't know anything more right now and all those do is confuse us. They want to confuse us. They don't want anyone to figure it out! They are meant to be vague and hard to decipher. Reading them will not make you more knowledgable. We loved POTC1 and Jack and Liz didn't wind up together there. We loved POTC2 and there was no Jack/Liz having sex on the beach. There will still be Jack/Liz chemistry, I'll bet you anything, and we have our imaginations if the worst case scenario is true and she runs back to bloody stupid Will.

im with you 100 %.

and perhaps that will inspire us all to become millionaires so we can make a 4th one with the right ending. lol.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:11 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yes, that would be nice! or we take our version. it's brilliant!!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 09:13 PM