KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC 3 Filmed In Guadalupe this week

POTC 3 Filmed In Guadalupe this week
Started by: Mistypirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

POTC 3 Filmed In Guadalupe this week

I though you guys might find this article interesting. It says that POTC 3 filmed this week in The Dunes Of Guadalupe.

Pirates Invade the Guadalupe Dunes
Captain Jack Sparrow and crew reported
to be under heavy guard
By: Carina Corral

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lights! Camera! Action!

The Guadalupe Dunes are once again starring in a major motion picture. Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End will be shot at the dunes during the remainder of this week.

Orcutt resident Mike Easterling is hoping to get some "money shots" of the movie set and maybe ... just possibly ... movie stars!

"I heard that they're shooting Pirates of the Caribbean out here and I thought I'd come out to check it out," says Easterling.

Although everything is being kept pretty tight-lipped around here, it has been leaked that Hollywood's favorite pirate, by land of by sea, will be on the scene during the shoot.

Spectators, and Johnny Depp fans, are allowed out at the dunes today, but come tomorrow, the dunes -- including the movie set and its stars -- are off limits to the public. We understand that's when they'll start filming.

"They're basically taking over our whole parking area and utilizing some of the dunes and the beach," says Preserve Manager Willie Richerson.

And, not to worry, the preservation of the habitats are being closely monitored. Vehicles are kept on a path at slow speeds to ensure the endangered bird species, such as the snowy plover, aren't disturbed.

"We were very clear that they weren't to damage any vegetation or impact any of the park's resources," says Richerson.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End will be in theaters May 2007. But this week, it premieres on the Central Coast.

The company that is renting out the park is contributing a donation in the amount of tens of thousands of dollars. The money will be used for maintenance, upkeep and restoration projects.

Again, Rancho Guadalupe Dunes Preserve will be closed starting tomorrow, through Saturday. The park may re-open on Sunday

http://www.ksby.com/home/headlines/4422806.html

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 04:40 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

0o0o0 I read that on ohjohnny.net.

They already filmed in a sandy place.. which I thought that would be Davy Jone's Locker.. But now another sandy place?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 05:08 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Re: POTC 3 Filmed In Guadalupe this week

More info of Pirates 3 being film in the Dunes of Guadalupe Ca.

‘Pirates' film takes over Guadalupe preserve
By Emily Welly/Features Writer
The rumors have proved true. Guadalupe has been invaded by “Pirates.”

Parts of the third installment of “Pirates of the Caribbean,” the blockbuster movie series based on the shenanigans of one Capt. Jack Sparrow, is being filmed at the Rancho Guadalupe Dunes Preserve.

With the Santa Barbara County Film Commission and Walt Disney Pictures keeping the shoot under tight wraps, and the preserve closed by county permit during the shoot, exactly what is being filmed at the dunes is anyone's guess.

And it is unknown whether the shooting will bring the film's stars - Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley - to the area.

According to the Guadalupe rumor mill, Depp and Bloom were spotted dining Tuesday night at the Far Western Tavern, but according to the restaurant, the two were not there. The rumors were widespread enough, however, to force Far Western staff to field several calls Wednesday morning on the supposed sighting.

Guadalupe Mayor Lupe Alvarez, who was also kept in the dark about the filming, drove out to the dunes Wednesday morning to see if he could get a peek at the action. He found the gates closed, but he did see a huge tent city, complete with mobile homes, big buses and other equipment, set up outside the gate. He said highway patrolmen and security guards were on duty.

“It's pretty exciting,” said Alvarez. “We've had big movies here in the past, but not to this magnitude
As for sighting stars in Guadalupe, that's not unheard of either, said Alvarez, adding that a few months ago he spotted actor Laurence Fishburne in town for a bite to eat with a few friends on motorcycles.

And the fact that cameras are rolling and a set has been erected on the Guadalupe Dunes holds promise that Guadalupe's sand and surf will play opposite the “Pirates” stars in one way or another.

“It's never definite until they actually come and begin shooting,” Martine White, Santa Barbara County Film Commissioner, said this summer when rumors first surfaced that the movie would film here.

White could not be reached by Wednesday afternoon for comment on the current filming.

It won't be the first time the dunes have been featured on the big screen. The area has been host to many films in the past, including Cecil B. DeMille's silent 1923 classic “The Ten Commandments;” the 1926 film “The Son of the Sheik,” which starred Rudolph Valentino, and its 1921 predecessor “The Sheik;” the 1930 film “Morocco,” starring Gary Cooper and Marlene Dietrich; and 1935's “The Last Outpost,” starring Cary Grant.

More recently, the Dunes provided dramatic sets for “Hidalgo” (2004) and “G.I. Jane” (1997). Guadalupe's downtown also acted as a backdrop for 1998's “Rocky and Bullwinkle” and the 2000 film “Cowboy Up.

http://www.lompocrecord.com/article...news/news03.txt

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 05:09 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Yea I know They have already shot in a sandy place. I wonder if this is going to be another sword fight scene, like we saw in DMC.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 05:16 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

YAY OMG I LoVe JOHNNY!!! He soooo hot....i should have dug myself under the sand and at the opportune moment pop out and HUG JOHNNY!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I Love HiM!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 09:13 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

This must be when the cross over to Davy Jone's Locker

From JDA found at: The Buffalo News | Date: October 19, 2006
Hollywood Sails to Brink of Falls
Oct. 19--While local and national news cameras have focused on Buffalo-area storm damage this week, a Hollywood film crew has its lenses trained on the brink of the Horseshoe Falls.

Walt Disney Studios is shooting falls-related scenes for use in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," the third installment in the wildly successful series of swashbuckling films, scheduled for release in May.

Stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are nowhere in sight; instead, the thundering water of the falls is playing the lead role.

The studio is keeping mum on exactly how the footage of the world-famous waterfall will be used, but there is speculation that moviegoers will see Captain Jack Sparrow and his shipmates facing oblivion courtesy of the giant cataract. As was the case with "Bruce Almighty," where studio-shot Jim Carrey scenes were superimposed on actual Horseshoe Falls footage, Disney will use shots of the treacherous waters as background for scenes filmed in Hollywood.

"They've been using a special crane they brought in from the West Coast and a specially equipped helicopter that came in from the New York City area," said Buffalo Niagara Film Commissioner Tim Clark.

A Los Angeles-based helicopter crew was flown in to tackle the tricky, and risky, aerial assignment.

Clark confirmed that filming began Monday at Terrapin Point in Niagara Falls State Park on the U.S. side of the falls, with additional work from Table Rock on the Canadian side. Disney first contacted the local film chief back in April, starting a process that included scouting trips and a laundry list of permits.

"You can't just fly a helicopter a few feet above the falls and the Niagara River," Clark said. "There was quite a bit of paperwork, on both sides of the border, to make this happen."

Among the agencies that needed to give permission for the risky airb orne photography were: the Federal Aviation Administration; Transport Canada; the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation; and the Ontario Parks Commission.

"Our office facilitated the permit process, acted as a liaison between the studio and the government agencies, arranged security and helped them connect with support crews," Clark said. "They brought in a Disney Studios second-unit crew of about 20 people and hired about a dozen local people."

In addition to production assistants and other film-based jobs, local Teamsters union members were hired as drivers and security staffers. The local economy is also getting a boost from the crew's hotel stays in Niagara Falls.

The Niagara Falls scenes are among several large-scale, high-tech segments of the next "Pirates of the Caribbean" film. In September, crews set up shop in a sprawling aircraft hangar in suburban Los Angeles to film a pivotal nighttime storm scene involving two full-size ships. Construction of the elaborate storm set began in May.

The bulk of the filming is done on location in the Caribbean

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 10:03 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

johnny please come to puerto rico..at least near it.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 10:32 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
johnny please come to puerto rico..at least near it.

LOL, I say come to Florida, we'll go to Disney together.

Thanks for the info Evilm0nki3

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 02:04 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

I LOve JoHnnY!!!! Or JusT come to my CASA JoHnnY!! LOL!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2006 11:09 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

come to my bedroom johnny! Ignore the locks, the whip, and the handcuffs in my bedroom stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 01:30 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

HAHAHAHA u r too funny chiki.... laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:06 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Mina u a Kinky gurl aint ya....LMAO!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:08 AM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

yeah, i thought i was kinky

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:16 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

you got competition sailor leo wink

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:42 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Yay! I found out what they were filming! There was a whole article but this was at the end:

"Wyndsong added that the actors were filming a shipwreck scene on the dunes. The cast finished shooting Friday, and the dunes reopened to the public Sunday."

From ohjohnny.net

So it was a shipwreck scene! big grin

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 06:57 PM
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Yeah. I live in San Luis Obispo, which is about an hour or so away, and on the front page of our local paper were some fans dressed up like pirates who met Johnny. Curse school and parents who keep me from pitching my own tent over there...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 01:37 AM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

omg! u live in San Luie? really? cool! i live in SB!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 01:39 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Wow! Small world! big grin

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:40 AM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

ivebeedepped im in love with ur siggy, and avatar.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 02:13 AM