KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » the one man band.

the one man band.
Started by: aniron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aniron

Love the one man band.

I know everyone think that jack and elizabeth should be toether. but you're forgetting one thing mates.......he's captain jack sparrow (why didn't they include that line in the second film?)

say they got together, jack being jack, would he stay faithful? even if he really did love her? would you want him to be faithful and loving? I adore him as the rogue that he is and strapping him down with commitment would change him. I like to think he'd have his way with her and then get bored and move in the other women in the world. He is a pirate after all. I wouldn't want to change Jack. and the romantic rogue side of him makes hischaracter more attractive. Nah! I think he is definatly a lone ranger. no woma can keep him satisfied. (apart from me! lol) what do you think of this idea?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:13 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

probably yes..he would remain faithful to her..since when does Jack ever leave a woman in one movie and still have her on his mind in the next? Baring in mind its a year later

Jack hasn't always been a pirate how many times must it be said?

Also his ship isn't keeping him satisfied anymore

also Ted and Terry the script writers have said Jack is capable of a long term relationship cant remember where.

but there is another interview that suggests the whole of PotC as a series is about Jack making someone an obligation in life and trading off something else..

a man doesnt risk his life, come back to a ship to blow up the Kraken all in the name of sex. Jack is changing..you may like it you may not..but he is changing

and according to the novel for DMC when Liz chains him up it says: "Jack desired Elizabeth all the more knowing her heart was as dark as his own"

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 28th, 2006 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:17 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

(I knew you'd answer first lol)

hmmmmm. desired. interesting vocab.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:21 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Also..I wouldnt say changing..T&T sort of suggest that its a "revealing" of who Jack really is.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:22 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

ok, so in your opinion jack will remain boring and faithful lol. but the next question is- do you want him to be? or do you want him to be the same jack we know and love?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:27 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

yes, just listen 2 the theories.................or read them.......

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:28 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Well since when is remaining faithful boring?

and if its the end of the trilogy...what does it matter?

Its that or he dies as a pirate...cuz piracy is coming to a close no? Its a dangerous time for Jack to be a pirate in AWE..and post AWE

"Jack will have to find his place in the new world or he will perish" - Beckett DMC

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 28th, 2006 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:29 PM
aniron

it's boring for jack to remain faithful it just aint him! and no need to react all crazy! you guys get enraged at everything. (nt very open minded i've come to notice) i was only asking a question and it matters because i would like to get some feedback. i don't bite your head off when you submit threads. seriously, i can't write anything without getting angry replies. it's just my opinion. calm down, it isn't real, the world isn't going to end.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:33 PM
LovelyOne

it aint him cuz we aint seen it.."till now"

its always been in his character it seems...after all what we see is a revealing thing its not new to his character.

The Jack we see in movie 1...isnt the real Jack..its more than obvious when Liz talks to him on the beach..we know that he's been brave and cared for people other than himself in the past but right now (movie 1) he's lying and behaving like a coward.

Also I'm not attacking you. and I am calm..why is it when someone counters your opinions you accuse them of being over dramatic and hysterical?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 28th, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:36 PM
LovelyOne

I notice that you are not very open minded either..you get very......aggressive when people counter your opinions I notice. (you are just like us muhahaha)

In your eyes Jack is a one dimenional character..always has been, always wil be. Thats how you want to look at him then thats cool. But he's not really as 1 dimensional as he seems. Some people can see the depth, others cant. No well written character is one dimensional...

Jack is actually....rather pathetic and sad underneath. He's probably not really a very happy person. What i notice with Johnny and his characters. He gives them this persona, and they are usually rather tragic underneath

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:41 PM
aniron

I don't, it's an expression, open your mind, don't take things to literally (so put the knife down and don't actually open your mind!)

So jack sleeps with all the women in tortuga because he's so empty on the inside that he's filling it up with meaningless sex? come on freud i think we can come up with something better than that. it seems that because they've hollywoodized potc2 so much they've had to change the characters (i've pointed this out before). thats why the first is the best film and to be honest, may as well not have existed in relation to the following films. but that's another thread.

ok, so u think jack will be faithful and you want it to be so. ok. next.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:41 PM
LovelyOne

what knife man?? screw it LOL I think..you neeed to open your mind a bit..Jack is not a 1 dimensional charater to me..so I'm not going to close my mind and see him like that.... You are looking at him through a pinhole..he is like an onion..he has layers. not just wat we see on the surface..what we see on the surface is fake.

well actually what you say is probably right, Jack does all of that to fill in an emptiness and its not working..ever heard the phrase "money cant buy hapiness?"

Why should Jack be any different to any other human on the planet? He's not a happy man. He's a coward, he has nothing to live for and if he remains that way he will probably die because pirates are coming to an end

again
"Jack will have to find his place in the new world or he will perish" - Beckett

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:48 PM
LovelyOne

Tell me why do you think Jack has everything he wanted in PotC 1 with him at the start of DMC...yet he is clearly not satisfied?

Ted has confirmed that Jack is not bothered about his pearl anymore because it does not resemble freedom to him anymore..something else does it seems...wonder what that could be?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:50 PM
LovelyOne

anyway. I'm not going to get into this discussion. I'll leave this thread to the other people like yourself who lack the understanding of character development in movies.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:51 PM
aniron

1= alright shrek!

2= money can buy you happiness. It's how you use it that metters.

3= I would say Jack was anything but a coward! Jesus!

4= I'd say he was pretty satisfied, the only thing he's contemplating is how the hell can he lift the curse from davy jones. and he doesn't actually have everything cos all the treasure got washed out to sea.

5= I'd say that jack is bothered about leaving the pearl, seeing as he hangs back to touch it and that.

6= I'm at university studying creative writing and drama, you can't say I don't understand character development, u don't know me so get off your high horse you jumped up little (man/woman).

7=do you leave the house occasionally?

8= you know i could say that ted sed this and ted sed that, it means nothing so zoooooom.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:57 PM
LovelyOne

Shreck was written by the same writers.....

JESUS CHRIST BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..calm down dear..put the knife away.. I'm at uni too, studying film studies and charatcer development as well as deeper meaning in Mise En Scene

and There are OTHER things goin on beside the main plot..didnt you ever get taught that?? if the movie was just plot then the charatcers would be BORING..and would have no DEPTH

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 11:59 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

quote: (post)
Originally posted by aniron
1= alright shrek!

2= money can buy you happiness. It's how you use it that metters.

3= I would say Jack was anything but a coward! Jesus!

4= I'd say he was pretty satisfied, the only thing he's contemplating is how the hell can he lift the curse from davy jones. and he doesn't actually have everything cos all the treasure got washed out to sea.

5= I'd say that jack is bothered about leaving the pearl, seeing as he hangs back to touch it and that.

6= I'm at university studying creative writing and dramna, you can't say u don't understand character development, u don't know me so get off your high horse you jumped up little (man/woman).

7=do you leave the house occasionally?

8= you know i could say that ted sed this and ted sed that, it means nothing so zoooooom.

1=i dunno why u mentioned shrek

2=money cant buy u happiness, u can buy whatever the hell u want but u will end up lonely as shit

3=Jack has became the hero of the film hes no coward no more

4=he don't care about treasure no more. hes only treasure is liz DEAL WITH IT

5=quote from Jack Sparrow "Its only a hip, mate" nuff said.

6=in what university....university of jupiter?

7=do you shut ur mouth occasionally?

8=its said not sed. And yea you could say liz dies and liz sucks and this and that so buuuuuuyyyaaaaa.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 12:03 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Jack was behaving like a coward in move 2..that was more than obvious..he left his friends to DIE on the pearl did he not to save his own skin? what made him go back ay? It wasnt his ship The WRITERS have confirmed this the ship doesnt really mean anything to Jack anymore..he looked at the compass and it pointed at something..next moment we see him with Liz and a godlike shot

and of course I'm going to use what the writers say as logical back up for what i say because the writers WROTE THE DAMN THING

you are basing all you say on your own opinions..where as at least writer confirmation can be used as back up.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 12:03 AM
aniron

you've lost me. shrek? writiers? waa waa? ok, i think the men in white coats will be arriving very soon to take you away.VERY SOON. (lol zoooom)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 12:04 AM
LovelyOne

LMFAO!!

"
8= you know i could say that ted sed this and ted sed that, it means nothing so zoooooom."

Ok you have just proven to me beyond doubt that you are NOT even worth debating with.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 12:06 AM