KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates 3 Filmed at Niagara Falls

Pirates 3 Filmed at Niagara Falls
Started by: D_Shiznitdog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D_Shiznitdog

Pirates 3 Filmed at Niagara Falls

From comingsoon.net...

The Buffalo News (via Access Niagara) reports that the Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End crew filmed footage for the third installment at Niagara Falls a couple of weeks ago:

While local and national news cameras have focused on Buffalo-area storm damage this week, a Hollywood film crew has its lenses trained on the brink of the Horseshoe Falls.

Walt Disney Studios is shooting falls-related scenes for use in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," the third installment in the wildly successful series of swashbuckling films, scheduled for release in May.

Stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley are nowhere in sight; instead, the thundering water of the falls is playing the lead role.

The studio is keeping mum on exactly how the footage of the world-famous waterfall will be used, but there is speculation that moviegoers will see Captain Jack Sparrow and his shipmates facing oblivion courtesy of the giant cataract. As was the case with "Bruce Almighty," where studio-shot Jim Carrey scenes were superimposed on actual Horseshoe Falls footage, Disney will use shots of the treacherous waters as background for scenes filmed in Hollywood.

"At Worlds End" hits theaters on May 25.

*Spoilers*

No doubt this is the big waterfall that Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, and everyone else sail off of to find Jack at worlds end. Interesting.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 08:38 PM
D_Shiznitdog is currently offline Click here to Send D_Shiznitdog a Private Message Find more posts by D_Shiznitdog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

probably. this is gunna b interesting
lol

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 09:16 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

wow Niagara Falls I cant wait to see that part.
Thanks for the info. smile

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 09:46 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

eek! i'm soo excited! i'm going to look online, and maybe there's some pictures! i'm mean come on. if you would've seen that, you DEFINITLEY would've taken a picture. and if i find one, i shall post it here! big grin

[madebyScottie][/madebyScottie]

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 09:46 PM
johnnyforever is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyforever a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Thank you soo much, I would really like to see some new pics. I will look for some to and if I find some I'll post them as well.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 09:59 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

I did find this off of Buffalo News.
http://www.merlin-net.com/commerce/...ecNo=1#purchase This is a helicopter flying over the falls filming!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:08 PM
johnnyforever is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyforever a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
a-k-a-amber

oooo a new pic even though it aint got anybody in it it's welcome in my mind ive even been there! it's BIG!!!!!!!

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:31 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

oh thank you! i'm still looking for pictures. i found i picture of, what, i think is Bloom and someone else in costume if you want to see it?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:37 PM
a-k-a-amber

yes yes yes!!!

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:40 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

okie dokie! comin' right up!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:42 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3/kt1.jpg
here's, what i think is, Bloom

and here's the page i got it from, so you can see the other cool photos! http://www.costumersguide.com/potc3.shtml

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:44 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13829042@N00/
and this is cool too! it's behind the scenes photos!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:45 PM
a-k-a-amber

THANX THANX THANX!!!!! oooo i love these and i wonder if those are hair extinsions for bloom?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:50 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

your welcome!

and yeah, IF that is Bloom, he definitley got hair extensions. Either that or a wig. You know why i think it's Bloom? 'cause if you notice, this guy has that same sideburns as Bloom does!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:54 PM
a-k-a-amber

thats what i was thinking the sideburns are.... groovy lol but he has curly hair i didn't know he had curly hair but going back he does have a curly top i feel stupid... lol

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 10:56 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

no your not stupid! i'm still looking for pictures for niagara! talk about hard to find! laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:01 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

Hey? There are rumors that the POTC 3 trailer is going to be shown at the end of Santa Clause 3, coming to theatres Nov 3rd. Do you think it's true?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:04 PM
a-k-a-amber

thats on friday and yes i think it will im praying it will the trailer for DMC on Narnia and that came out Dec.9 thats like 6 or 7 months till it actualy came out so why not? btw its not that i dont like tim allen or anything but i really dont want to take my sister to see it if i dont get the pleasure of jack sparrow b4 i see jack frost

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:11 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

http://potc-online.net/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=6

and if you're interested in this. it's five pages of potc 2 on set photos!.... yes, it does include Johnny Depp!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:11 PM
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

quote: (post)
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
thats on friday and yes i think it will im praying it will the trailer for DMC on Narnia and that came out Dec.9 thats like 6 or 7 months till it actualy came out so why not? btw its not that i dont like tim allen or anything but i really dont want to take my sister to see it if i dont get the pleasure of jack sparrow b4 i see jack frost
i know! maybe that's why they might put the trailer on that movie, 'cause maybe it needed something to attract the people. 'cause they know that people will want to see the trailer, so if they put it on the movie, they're gonna make a lota money!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 11:13 PM