KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I'm confused

I'm confused
Started by: pirate_1987

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pirate_1987

I'm confused

I found this on a Dead Man's Chest Script:
[Elizabeth takes a mug but doesn't drink]

Tia Dalma: It's a shame. I know you're t'inking that wid the Pearl, you coulda captured the devil and set free your fadder's soul.

Will Turner: Doesn't matter now. The Pearl's gone. Along with its captain.

[Gibbs is standing in the doorway on the side of the shack]

Gibbs: Aye. And already the world seems a bit less bright. He fooled us all right to the end. But I guess that honest streak finally won out. To Jack Sparrow!

Ragetti: Never another like Captain Jack.

Pintel: He was a gentleman of fortune, he was.

Elizabeth Swann: He was a good man.

[they all take a drink out of their mugs, except Elizabeth]

right beside the line "Elizabeth takes a mug but doesn't drink"
It says
Some viewers have noted that Elizabeth never drinks anything while at Tia's shack, which leads to the speculation that Elizabeth may be pregnant. However, in the 1700s the effects of alcohol on fetuses were probably unknown.

I saw Elizabeth drink some rum in her Tia's Shack in a clip
The Script is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Film transcription.
Do you think it's true?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:40 AM
pirate_1987 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate_1987 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate_1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Re: I'm confused

quote:
Some viewers have noted that Elizabeth never drinks anything while at Tia's shack, which leads to the speculation that Elizabeth may be pregnant. However, in the 1700s the effects of alcohol on fetuses were probably unknown.

I saw Elizabeth drink some rum in her Tia's Shack in a clip
The Script is called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Film transcription.
Do you think it's true?

No Elizabeth never drank the rum, that is interesting do you have a link?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:47 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

hmmmm ....thats really interesting! but if they didnt know that alcohol effected the baby then i dont thik she would NOT drink...but i dont think her and Will have even slept toge5ther....UNLESS its Jack's baby....but i dont think Liz is THAT much of a **** to SLEEP with another man when she is engaged....sure she kissed Jack but sleeping with him is a different story...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:48 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Maybe it was foreshadowing something??? It doesn't necessarily means that it happened. Maybe is foreshadowing something in the future. confused

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:51 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

possibley...but wat exacxtly could it be foreshadowing...?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:52 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Er, no. I don't think Elizabeth slept with Jack. This is a Disney movie, and while there are some steamy moments in them, they would not, I think, risk their family-friendly reputation by having an egaged woman go off and have sex before she's married....

Besides, if she WAS pregnant in that scene, the baby would be Will's not Jack's. big grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:53 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

that someone is going to have a baby??? maybe?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:55 AM
mss_mira is currently offline Click here to Send mss_mira a Private Message Find more posts by mss_mira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

true

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:56 AM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mss_mira
Jack & Elizabeth <3

good point cuz even if they did sleep together it would have given us some indication,which it did not, sad

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:57 AM
mss_mira is currently offline Click here to Send mss_mira a Private Message Find more posts by mss_mira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
possibley...but wat exacxtly could it be foreshadowing...?

The effects of alcohol on fetuses could of have been known in the 17th century. You know that nowadays mothers to be are instructed no to drink alcohol or smoke during the pregnancy. And you know that the POTC movie likes to foreshadow things, hence the Monkey being alive at the end of COTBP it foreshadowed Barbosa coming back. What I'm saying that this thing about Liz not drinking rum at the end of DMC can foreshadow her being pregnant in the future IMO.

Last edited by Mistypirate on Nov 13th, 2006 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 04:59 AM
CaptinJackLover

o maybe...but do u really htink they would have a baby in the films..its a pirate adventure not a babysitting adventure...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:02 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
o maybe...but do u really htink they would have a baby in the films..its a pirate adventure not a babysitting adventure...

Yes and No, if they do decide to put the they should leave it for the end. But I wouldn't like to see a kid during the movie, it would ruin it IMO.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:04 AM
CaptinJackLover

i think the baby would kinda make a cheesey ending IMO...if they are going to show she will have a baby or is pregnant then they have to make it more subtle so its less cheesey...but preferavly i wouldnt wnat a baby in the film

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:06 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Well I wouldn't like to see her carrying a baby at the end, yea that would be a cheesy ending. But I would like to see a hint at the end that would imply that she might be pregnant.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:11 AM
CaptinJackLover

yeah but i dont wnat it to be TOO obvious....just obvious enoguh so that we sorta kinda know...ya know?....

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:13 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Exactly not to obvious I wouldn't like that either.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:14 AM
CaptinJackLover

id prefer they didnt do it at all; but it would still be nice to know there are gonna be baby captain sparrows big grin

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:17 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Yeap as long as its from Capt Sparrow its ok to me.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:20 AM
CaptinJackLover

WELL DUH! if it was fgrom will then i would become suicidal!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:22 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

LMAO NOO we wouldn't want that.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 05:22 AM