KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Jerry Bruckheimer Interview

Jerry Bruckheimer Interview
Started by: calypso

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
calypso

Jerry Bruckheimer Interview

Just cruised to www.JohhnyDepp-Zone.com and found an interview released Monday with JB.

Click on Boards under the banner
and go to News section of the left hand side.

Pretty interesting about his comments about the sequels as well as Orly's part. Hum, too confusing.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:40 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I cant see it?? says page cannot be displayed..

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:14 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/13/b...amp;oref=slogin

Is that it??

and yes if they make this all about Will people are gonna be confused!..cuz all Pirates is, is Jack Sparrow..they can kill off Liz and Will now I dont care. I think they have ruined what could have been an amazing relationship to discover and evolve onscreen in a LONG time...The whelp can have his cold hearted ***** I dont care anymore they can both fack off from the franchise..I just want to see Jack now find someone better than Elizabeth to be his love interest because she's not worth it..she's below him if she ends choosing Will after killing jack in DMC and not being with him

...if there is no Will in 4 and there is no Liz n 4 then this means the love story has to revolve around Jack..there HAS to be one in the story and if its only Jack its gonna be him who the love story belongs to....and do they REALLY think people will accept a new leading lady in the franchise?...Elizabeth has no inferior..she's not second fiddle female she's LEAD female..Will is second fiddle to the lead male..he's not needed as much IMO.

interesting "blow it all up and start again"...interesting how they say movie 4 is a reinvetion from AWE and not a continuation..how the fack is that possible?..the end scene is supposed to be the cliffhanger for movie 4??? very interesting..because it doesnt end on Jack..it ends on Elizabeth apparently....not sure about that though just heard it on some boards..

and she;s NOT coming back for a 4th?/ then what in gods name are they trying to do man?

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 15th, 2006 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:28 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I read this article...but not sure i'm bringing up the right one...cuz all it talks about is other movies Jerry is working on and not sure if Disney will do them or someone else....where did you read the stuff about it being aBout will and the other stuff you elude to in your post?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:49 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I'm not really talking about the interview..I'm just ranting again laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:52 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I'm not really talking about the interview..I'm just ranting again laughing out loud

Oh, okay. cuz I was like...I'm not seeing where the article talks about all of this....yea, I'm in a ranting mood today too...so I've been watching youtube to feel good about jack and liz..

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 04:58 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SarahB

lol....its funny how there are more J/E videos thn W/E videos, everybody must rly wnt J/E.

Originally posted by Lovelyone
"interesting how they say movie 4 is a reinvetion from AWE and not a continuation.."

movie 4 has to be a continuation cos it wudnt rly make sense. any debates?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 05:16 PM
SarahB is currently offline Click here to Send SarahB a Private Message Find more posts by SarahB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

well it would....if movie 3 ends somewhere in the future savvy?
showing us where each character is in 20 years time or what ever lol

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 05:17 PM
SarahB

lol yh.. tht wud be interestin......

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 05:21 PM
SarahB is currently offline Click here to Send SarahB a Private Message Find more posts by SarahB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToddianGirl
Rumors are EVIL!

That's what I've been doing too watching J/E videos and listing to J/E songs. I'm putting together a CD filled with their music right now. This is a picture of the CD label that I'm putting on CD.[IMG][img=http://thumb7.webshots.net/t/20/20/0/53/84/2217053840097948947AFrbcY_th.jpg][/IMG]

There is the mystery,the silence under the sea.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 05:33 PM
ToddianGirl is currently offline Click here to Send ToddianGirl a Private Message Find more posts by ToddianGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SarahB

oh kl, looks gdsmile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:17 PM
a-k-a-amber

hey im going to throw this thought out here is anamaria coming back? b/c my mom thinks that jack will end up with her is it confirmed that she aint coming back? just wondering.

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 07:08 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I dont think it is^^

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 07:27 PM
calypso

LovelyOne that NYTimes article is the same. I just thought that it was interesting that TnT wanted to give Orly more dialogue in AWE, but Jerry squashed that by saying the audience would be too confused.

Confused as in the END, confused as to Will's actions, confused how.

IMO Jerry has always been a J/E shipper and like they said COTBP was a stand alone and ended on a fairytale ending that everyone went, "Oh ok, that was cute". The sequels were not written in that same way.

I am keeping the faith that it will end the way I want it to.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 07:38 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

a-k-a amber why does your Mom think that Anamaria is coming back?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 07:40 PM
LovelyOne

proably confuse them because people dont really go there to watch Orlando bloom hog up all the development on screen...by the end of it all, this the whole trilogy will come across as Jack Sparrow's story..not Will's..the ending will be his special ending not Will's IMO

They may have felt they wanted to do this because I'm betting he wont be coming back for a 4th..

I really dont know about Keira...I would like her to even if she's not Jack's love interest in 4..

but if shes not..who will be? anamaria?? I still think that wouldnt capture an audience because DMC was all about J/E and people are used to that idea somewhat

will people like a new love interest?

If its to be annamaria they should have brought her back in for movie 2 or 3..I dont think shes in 3...shes not on the cast list

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 15th, 2006 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 07:42 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

I sooooo posted this....i thought it was interesting too!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 08:18 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote:
Mr. Bruckheimer said of the exchange: "I understand what they were saying but, the difference is this: I am the audience.”

I love Jerry!!!!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 08:59 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
That's what I've been doing too watching J/E videos and listing to J/E songs. I'm putting together a CD filled with their music right now. This is a picture of the CD label that I'm putting on CD.[IMG][img=http://thumb7.webshots.net/t/20/20/0/53/84/2217053840097948947AFrbcY_th.jpg][/IMG]

yeah I have several CD's that I've made from Limewire that I call DMC -a, b and c....some of the songs on my homemade cd's include:

1) Its Beginning To Get To Me - Snow Patrol
2) Hurt - Christina Augiluira
3) In Need You to Love me - Barlow Girl
4) Swallowed in the Sea - Coldplay
5) Right Kind of Wrong - Leann Rimes
6) Over My Head - The Fray
7) Set Fire to the Third Bar - Snow Patrol
8) Beautiful Disaster - Kelly Clarkson
9) Addicted - Kelly Clarkson
10) I'm Too Lost In You - Sugababes
11) Drowning - Missy Higgins
12) The Special Two - Missy Higgins
13) You and Me - Life House
14) With or Without You - U2
15) Niagara - Sara Evans
16) You're The Storm - The Cardigans
17) Iris - Goo-Goo Dolls
18) Slow Dancing In a Burning Room - John Mayer
19) Uninvited - Alinas
20) The Walk - Imogean Heap
21) I Surrender - Celine Dion
22) When the Wrong One Loves You Right - Celine Dion
23) Far Away - Nickleback
24) When You love a woman - Brian Adams
25) You don't See Me - Pussycat Dolls
26) Heaven Forbid - The Fray
27) They Weren't There - Missy Higgins
28) I Saw Sparks - cold Play
29) Fix You - cold play
30) Beautiful Stranger - Madonna
31) Wicked Game - Chris Issak
32) Broken - Seether featuring Amy Lee
33) Gravity - John Mayer
34) Face to Face
35) In the Deep
36) Make This Go on Forever - The Fray
37) What Hurts the Most - RascAL FLATS
38) I Would Die For You - Garbage
39) Drop Dead Gorgeous - Garbage
More but can't think of them right now....what are some others.....

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 10:37 PM
Swann&Sparrow
Broken

That means whatever Jerry wants, T&T will have to mold their script around it. I think he means that he's been working in Hollywood for years, decades. And so he knows what the audience wants, and the audience makes him money. He wants money, thus he wants what the audience want.

Follow me?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 11:28 PM
Swann&Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Swann&Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Swann&Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote