KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Beckett Lovefest

Beckett Lovefest
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

Beckett Lovefest

Come on, why don't have one of these? Who doesn't love short, evil men with funny voices? Who could resist so much brocade, especially when it adorns such an intriguing smirk that almost rivals Jack's? Let's all take a moment to raise our glass to Tom Hollander (who keeps popping up in every film i watch, from Elizabeth to A Good Year, and who looks smashing in a beard) and the evilest Lord this side of Vader.

(please log in to view the image)

threatening, yet smart in the stylish wig.

blissfully enjoying a light breeze. Green is so his color.

Gotta love a man who carries a big stick.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Everyone looks better soaking wet.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:52 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Considering Beckett and I are probably the same height, I too enjoy him. He's so deliciously evil. He should have grown a moustache to twirl. Plus, unlike Vader, I think he's gay and has a thing for Jack, so there is this whole sexual undertone in their scene together which is a lot of disturbing fun. The man's a genius and with his attack dog Mercer by his side, only our trio was able to stop him.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:17 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

I so agree. I love his scenes with Jack. Actually I love his scenes, period. Except the hanging scene at the beginning of awe. shiver.

favorite line of his "Yes I thought you might..."

and his scene with Lizzie in DMC... you can tell he relishes every minute of it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:22 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Beckett scares me, but not because of his villanous plots or anything like that. he just.. plain creeps me out.

after all those talk about the Jack-Beckett theories(maybe they're jokes.. I dunno...)

still creeps me out. *shivers*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 10:08 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Shouldn't a good villain be scary? I mean, how many of us were terrified of the wicked witch of the west in Oz when we were kids? The best villains are able to terrify the audience and love doing it. Hannibal Lector and Darth Vader have it. I think to a point, Barbossa had it in the first movie. He was deliciously creepy. Beckett is just joining the ranks of classic movie villains that truly love being evil.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 08:40 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hehe, i always thought Barbossa was WAYYYYY more creepy than Beckett. Beckett was just evil and conniving; Barbossa actually was scary. Beckett was like, a well matched adversary for our heroes... Barbossa was like, someone I'd be afraid of running into in an alley. haha.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 11:34 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Hmm, can people be creepy but in different ways? It seems like they are equally creepy, but different. I can't explain it very well.

Barbossa: He's like the stuff out of kids' nightmares, our primal fears. We're afraid of him like we're afraid of the dark. Seeing his silhouette first was a great effect.

Beckett: I think adults fear Beckett more than kids would. He's our mature fears: war, domination. He's much more underhanded than Barbossa and he physically does very little in the series. He calculates and sends his minions to do things for him.

So both are very creepy. I really don't know where Davy fits into this scale, but yeah.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 12:18 AM
katelovespirate

Davy wasn't very creepy to me--- his weakness was too obvious. bootstrap was scarier, especially in film 3....

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 12:57 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

YES! Bootstrap freaked me out in 3. It was like that old movie "Freaks." "One of us, one of us." (shivers)

No, Davy just looked cool to me. I wasn't scared of him. He seemed like a Phantom of the Opera-type to me rather than a literal villain.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 01:29 AM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

oo i love Beckett. We have had moments in other threads where we've had a mini lovefest. But he does deserve his own thread, of course!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:37 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

lol.. I wonder why Will's thread always go to sleep. stick out tongue

Beckett is creepy, but kids don't understand his creepiness. I think davy creeps them out more. barby(barbie doesn't look/read right as short for 'Barbossa') kinda 'went soft' in 2 and 3... IMO. not soft soft.. it's just.. he seemed more friendly in 2 and 3...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 11:24 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

alright Kate, i gotta say. When i read the beginning post, i couldn't stop laughing. the whole "Gotta love a man who carries a big stick" think sent me over the edge though! I'm still laughing. of course, how can you resist Beckett? that evilness that makes you just wanna see what is (or what is not :-)) under his britches :-). Beckett rocks!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 06:42 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Just going on an assumption here, but my guess is that Beckett has a small stick.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 07:00 PM
katelovespirate

i concur. wink Like Shreck said, "do you think he's compensating for something?"

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 09:01 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

haha i remember that part in shrek.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 02:36 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

I don't. I have seen it just once and with dubbing. I hate dubbing

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 04:34 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Just going on an assumption here, but my guess is that Beckett has a small stick.

.. I agree. maybe that's why he's doing.. what he's doing... it must be.. connected.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 11:59 AM
Ditte3

My favorite character is Jack of course,but I honestly love all the characters in the movie,Beckett too.I saw a film two days ago with Tom Hollander and I have to tell you:he's hot!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 01:49 PM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

He actually is---- anybody see 'A good year'? He's hilarious in that. And he showcases a surprisingly good looking beard in 'elizabeth'...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 04:39 PM
lovethemtigers

I love his voice.....I do love that part when he says "yes, I thought you might"...and then when he says "ah, a marriage interupted or fate intervenes, you make great efforts to ensure Jack Sparrow's freedom"....his voice is so hypnotic....not as hypnotic as Johnny's but it's good.....I think next to jack and elizabeth though...my favorite characters have always been Mr. Gibbs and James Norrington....

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 05:48 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote