KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Sparrabeth_Seas: The Sparrabeth Awards

Sparrabeth_Seas: The Sparrabeth Awards
Started by: savvysparrowluv

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Cool Sparrabeth_Seas: The Sparrabeth Awards

Welcome to the KMC office for Sparrabeth_Seas: The Sparrabeth Awards!!! eek!

Sparrabeth_Seas is a livejournal community dedicated to honoring Sparrabeth fanfiction writers through the awards.

This is a place where I'll post notices regarding the Awards site for Sparrabeth fanfiction and where all my KMC buddies can ask questions (if you have any, of course).

Session II is now open for nominations! A pwetty banner to the winning author or fanfic in tons of categories!

So, run on over to the link posted below, read the rules (you might have to scroll down a bit or check the userinfo page) and nominate away! big grin

http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/

Thanks!!

Happy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy DanceHappy Dance

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 06:46 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Ta Miz Savvy, I'm gonna nominate or die trying! There are some wonderfully touching bits out there aren't there? Is it bunches of catagories like before? I love reading the past winner of other awards--best of the best is always a lot easier on the eye. Do you know if there are awards for videos? My taste runs to quirky juxaposition in that arena.

Back to vacation--a whole delicious delightful week of nothing but....endless chores, mother gotta-dos, eek! family dinner at Thanksgivingblink, and major sneaking time on this time sucking box nosing around the endless corners of the internet.....what a deal! Thanks for the update on new on the 'puter--

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 06:59 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Hmmm, I don't know of an awards site for videos yet, but that is a great idea! I know of a sparrabeth video community, just not an awards site..maybe a future project, lol.

Yep, we've still got a lot of categories:

The Birds And The Seas : Best Smut

The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword : Best Author

Sail To The End Of The Earth And Beyond : Best Epic (15+ Chapters)

Amazing How Often Those Two Things Coincide : Best Love/Hate Fic

Pirate King : Best Jack's POV

Pirate Queen : Best Elizabeth's POV

A Love Short And Sweet : Best Oneshot

A Pirate's Dinghy : Best Drabble (under 500 words)

My Heart Will Go On : Best Tear-Jerker

Should We Meet Again : Best Post-At Worlds End

Fledgling : Best Tale with a Baby

Learning To Trust, Learning To Fly : Best Angst

Bring Me That Horizon : Best Action/Adventure

Devils, Black Sheep, And Really Bad Eggs : Most Creative

How All The Pieces Fit Together...: Best Completed Fic

Where the Compass Points : Best Incomplete Fic

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 07:10 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Miz Savvy--where in the best day do you get all this energy?! And the catagory titles are a hoot in and of themselves! Jeez, did everyone (but me, I somehow snuck in) have to qualify for MENSA to post on KMC/Pirates?! I know I've said it before, however, it bears repeating, what a bright, funny, passionate group of folks all piratistas here be and a joy, loved by our moms and dads! Okay, I'm making my list and checking it twice--then I will proceed to go forward!! so that I too can make nominations for those stories I can't live without--figure if you go back to read them more than three times, you must like 'em some.

Thanks you darlin'--you're a kind and generous teacher/protector, two of the many qualities of Jack I see in folks here. Maybe that's why we are so fascinated, smitten with him what exists in us. Me, I'm the goofy graceful wandering drift (when you move large groups of critters, their movement point a-point b) loving what turns up to delight me. Now there'd be a list, Jack's qualities and who's like him how? Another thread--off now to gather info and learn how to do something new--please grade on the curve, Savvy-teach!

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 07:31 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

I can't nominate, sadly, I have just one chapter and one paragraph so far, I write so slow.. sad

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 07:38 PM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

quote: (post)
Originally posted by texgodiva2s
Miz Savvy--where in the best day do you get all this energy?! And the catagory titles are a hoot in and of themselves! Jeez, did everyone (but me, I somehow snuck in) have to qualify for MENSA to post on KMC/Pirates?! I know I've said it before, however, it bears repeating, what a bright, funny, passionate group of folks all piratistas here be and a joy, loved by our moms and dads! Okay, I'm making my list and checking it twice--then I will proceed to go forward!! so that I too can make nominations for those stories I can't live without--figure if you go back to read them more than three times, you must like 'em some.

Thanks you darlin'--you're a kind and generous teacher/protector, two of the many qualities of Jack I see in folks here. Maybe that's why we are so fascinated, smitten with him what exists in us. Me, I'm the goofy graceful wandering drift (when you move large groups of critters, their movement point a-point b) loving what turns up to delight me. Now there'd be a list, Jack's qualities and who's like him how? Another thread--off now to gather info and learn how to do something new--please grade on the curve, Savvy-teach!

Aw, thanks Tex - I like to think I have my occasional creative/energetic moments, lol big grin I had sooo much fun making up the category names...yeah, got some strange looks from the parents when I was over on the computer typing and chuckling away to myself stick out tongue Fantastic, Tex - I can't wait to see what stories you nominate, you've got such good taste when it comes to fics (or so I've found) smile

You're so sweet! *hugs* Yes, I think you're right about Jack - he is that mentor and protector that I think we'd all love to have and all love to be at the same time, lol. You're not goofy, Tex, at least not in a bad way - we're all pretty goofy on here sometimes cool Ooh, that would be an awesome thread, you should totally start one up Tex big grin

Grade on the curve, lol - love it!

Oh Sif, you don't have to nominate your own stories - you can nominate any story written by any author, as long as Sparrabeth is the main pairing (or at least more than implied wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 07:47 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

hey Savvy can u nominate more than one story?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 11:12 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Oh, you totally can! You can nominate as many stories as you want, you just can nominate one particular story for more than two categories - e.g you couldn't enter Apprentice to a Sorcerer for Best Smut, Best Epic and Best Liz Pov, just two overall for that one story - savvy?

Here is the rules page: http://community.livejournal.com/sparrabeth_sea/profile

big grin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:17 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

ya i read the rules it was just kinda fuzzy to me...lol!!

also u said leave a comment with the nomination...where do i comment?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:28 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

okay Savvy, I know we tried this drill last time--I go to the page above--I go to leave a comment and then I cut and paste the particulars list for nominations and then once I get all the .whatevers and the httpeees then I submit comment and nomination is made? Right or no right?

Aaugh I do not like being stymied!!

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 07:42 AM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Okay....lemme see where the comment button is.... Alright, on the first page that comes up, you click "categories" on the top entry (not the title, of course, the one in parentheses that is bold/underlined). At the bottom of the new page, you click "leave a comment" big grin

Lol, you're doing great Tex, don't sweat it! You've got it perfectly right wink I normally paste the nomination form onto Mircosoft Word a bunch of times, fill in the nomination there then paste it onto the comment space and submit it. Once you hit "post comment" - you've made a nomination big grin Plus, if something isn't correct, we'll let you know and you can resubmit if you wish (that way, all that tedious/hard work doesn't go to waste)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 12:38 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

TaDa--I'm soooo coool I'm soooo coool--well, just sorta cool but I got it done and in merely minutes and furthermore I got it done! Okay, I just realized another neato thing (lord, I'm lapsing into 60's speak, so sorry)about this KMC--none of you have to hear me sing (like when I wake up and I'm happy, or I've learned something new and I'm happy or fill in the blank, and I'm happy).

My next total enjoyment package is going to include, yes VOTING!! I love to vote, voted every single time I've ever been legal to do so, yep and reading oh yeah, reading more fiction. I'm so naive in some ways that I really believe they will write no more or create vids if I don't post comment--silly right?

Okay, so the internet is this big hugeish large messy library with no card catalouge--I hereby revise my opinion of this nasty necessary evil, maybe it can be fun too. If you're doing it right and playing with the right piratistas, yep makes up for all the stupid chain letters in the world that your friends send you in lieu of a real message. Okay, off topic offically and off to ratkilling with my Mama--she's determined to be busy this holiday and I'm the driver--tanks, chile--congrats on your nom. oh, and smile Miz Sifzensinril (beautiful, that's what I think it means) go ahead on and submit, I'll second if you need one. The more the merrier, yes, I'm selfish--means more for me to read.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:20 PM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Yay, Tex! I saw your nomination, congrats on a job well done big grin big grin big grin *huggie-wuggles* (okay, the huggie-wuggles thing was very random...and...uh...kinda weird...sorry!)

I'm glad you're enjoying the internet, it can be very fun sometimes stick out tongue

Sif! You really should nominate your story if its already posted, big grin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:39 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

lol...i want to nominate a fic but i dont know what category to nominate it under...lol!!

hey savvy is it also possible to nominate a story that has already won? or are those disqualified?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:01 PM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

You can't nominate a story that has already won into the category that it already won it - does that make any sense at all? Lol

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:58 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

perfect sense...lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 03:28 AM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

REMINDER! big grin big grin big grin

Happy Dance You've got until November 30th to nominate fics Happy Dance

Then we'll post the nominated fics and open voting big grin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 06:06 PM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Happy Dance VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!!! Happy Dance

Pop on over to this link (http://community.livejournal.com/sp...833.html#cutid1) and cast your vote!

***Remember***
- Only vote once per category wink
- Use the following format for placing your votes :

Category:
Story Title:
Author:

Let me know if you've got any questions, vote for your favorite fics and read away, mates! big grin

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 08:20 PM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Well, this session of the awards is *over*

Whew, what a wild ride this one was - so many fantastic fics, the voting was close on several categories, hahaha

Okay, hop on over to this link if you want to see the winners and the banners made by yours truly wink

http://community.livejournal.com/sp...334.html#cutid1

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 10:17 PM
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Hello!

Well, so far the Sparrabth Awards have been a huge success thanks to our wonderful nominators and voters, our previous administrative team and all those fabulous authors out there! (riotous applause)

I've got a couple of announcements to make....

Firstly, the next session of the awards should be starting up sometime in February, so start gathering those fics together for nominations! ^____^

Secondly, I'm currently looking for a co-moderator to help me run the awards. Comment or send me a message if you're interested and let me know what experience (if any) you've got, how much spare time you have to help, and why you want to help run the Sparrabeth Awards.

Thanks so much, everyone! I couldn't have the awards without all of you! smile

Old Post Jan 24th, 2008 02:29 AM