KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Walt Disney

Walt Disney
Started by: Tramps Lady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Walt Disney

Today was his birthday, so i thought i'd pay tribute to the man who started the ride, who brought this trilogy to lifebig grin

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 09:02 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Disney was a creative genius and one of my heroes. People say bad things about him, but he was a good guy who made a lot of kids happy and gave them great stories, movies, and rides. Huzzah!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 10:52 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I got respect for Disney's genius but he probably was a shitty person too. I mean everyone has their flaws

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 11:03 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Gosh, I didn't realize it was his birthday - thanks for posting this! I was born and spent my early life right outside Orlando and Walt Disneyworld - he brought so many smiles to the world, I think its awesome wink

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 04:09 AM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

i was on imdb, and i saw a dude in the "birthday" thingy, and it said "walt disney" and im like MUST POST ON KMC!!!

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:17 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

lol, but I didn't liked fairy tales very much, I still find some of them stupid nowadays

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:41 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

:O sif!!! lmao....i love all fairy tales:P

for some unknown reason......while writing that, all i could think of was lady and the tramp

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 11:56 AM
Sifzensinril
Meself

I don't like Cindarela, Snow White and so, but I totaly hate the Sleeping Beauty, I find it simply stupid, imagine, you fall to sleep in 1907 in corset... 100 hundred years passed, you overslept two world wars and now you wake up, in 2007, word is full of cars, computers and plastic, and your corseted shape is out-of-date. can you still imagine you would live happilly ever after? I can't.

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 02:08 PM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

never looked at it that way...i love lady and the tramp and lion king....big grin

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 08:37 PM
aelizabeth
--~*~--

I love Disney films.
I was in english class and we were having a discussion about i making a film like Pocahontas, based on real historical people, and altering what really happened in history is morally wrong. John Smith wasn't really gorgeous, and he and Pocahontas never really fell in love, and all that. Most of my class was saying Pocahontas was wrong, and helping promote ignorance in young children. I can see where they're coming from, but...I like Pocahontas!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 08:49 PM
aelizabeth is currently offline Click here to Send aelizabeth a Private Message Find more posts by aelizabeth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

did anyone like 'the fox and the hound' ???

I swear, i may be 20 years old, but i STILL cry whenever I see the part where the woman is taking the fox into the forest to leave him there sad

But i agree with sif, to be honest smile
HATED sleeping beauty, Beauty and the Beast...and I really wasn't partial to cinderella either (and prince charming wasnt all that nice looking lol smile)

I love a bit of tug-o-war with my love stories... a little suspence and tension big grin 'Love that can never be' and all that bollocks lol.

That is the exact reason for why i HATE willabeth, but im inlove with sparrabeth big grin

P.S:

Was anyone NOT scared by the witch in snow white??? I mean, seriously lol smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 09:13 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

to be honest, never seen it

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 09:14 PM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

*gasp*

Snow white???
Alas! I love that film smile The dwarfs make me laugh big grin

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 09:23 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Maleficent in Sleepy Beauty scared the crap out of me as a little kid, lol. The whole "hearing voices" thing? *shudder*

I agree with you, T.Maria - forbidden love is sooo much better and seems more passionate onscreen. I'm really anti-prince charming right now for some reason, maybe its just a phase or maybe its just the Sparrabethness leaking over stick out tongue

Aw, I cry during Fox and the Hound and *always* cry during the Lion King (*sniff*). Brother Bear was really sad too, at least I thought it was...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 09:23 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

That witch was seriously creepy with her apples...I'd personally rather be stuck with barbossa!!
I'm more of an Aladdin person mysef. Huzzah for walt disney for making it al possible though.

Freedom...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 09:27 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by savvysparrowluv
Maleficent in Sleepy Beauty scared the crap out of me as a little kid, lol. The whole "hearing voices" thing? *shudder*

Ah....yeah... i have to admit, that did freak me out a little lol! smile

But I have this hatred towards films where the lead characters fall inlove too quickly without there being any tension....

for example:

I watched 'the body guard' for the first time last week...

everyone percieves this as the 'ultimate' love story, especially with kevin costner willing to die for whitney houston...and that bloody over played song that gets irritatingly stuck in my head whenever i hear it lol.

But the film isnt really the 'ultimate' love story...for me, they fall inlove far too quickly...

Same with titanic...the fact that the romance lasted what? 3 days before the boat sank? lol smile im not a believer lol.

But back to disney....

Dont get me wrong, i love the man and i think hes a genious...but i think disney's views are out dated nowadays confused

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 09:28 PM
aelizabeth
--~*~--

i agree, but he didn't live nowadays and i think that that fact can account for some of his views, although it doesn't excuse them. I really like his films, and I agree with savvysparrowluv. Not really digging Prince Charming right now. Forbidden love is so much better in so many ways. Makes for an interesting plot, tension, passion, the fear that they won't be able to continue. Yeah...awesome.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 10:35 PM
aelizabeth is currently offline Click here to Send aelizabeth a Private Message Find more posts by aelizabeth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

fox and the hound like, ruined my life when i was kid. lol.

hated snow white. Seriously hated it. maybe i just hated her voice.

Favs? Aladdin (my childhood crush, LOVE HIM), Jungle Book (love the music!) Beauty and the Beast (again, love the music, the whole thing was just beautiful, i cry every time i watch it... maybe my favorite)... and of course, Hercules!!! i didn't like it when it came out, but it rapidly grew on me. I think Meg is the disney girl I identify most with out of the animated series.

its amazing how disney single-handedly changed so many views on love... happily ever after... all that. quite a legacy.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:36 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I think the Disney princesses get a bad rep. I mean, yeah, Snow White is annoying and childish and has a piercing voice, but I think Cinderella has a lot of positive qualities that people overlook, and Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and the ladies that followed showed that even though a girl does need rescuing now and then, she can take care of herself and can even save her man.

My favorites are:
Cinderella
Lady and the Tramp
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King (watched once a day once it was out)
Mulan...the end of the great Disney movies

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:49 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Happy Be-lated Birthday Walt Disney!!

I am the true definition of a Disney Princess Lover!!! I've loved Disneyland and the Princess for as long as I can remember and I will always love them!! This is my room Now:
(please log in to view the image)

and I'm almost 22 years old!! lol
I dont know what i would have done without the world that Walt Disney created!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 01:36 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote