KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » what makes you a pirate?

what makes you a pirate?
Started by: katelovespirate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

what makes you a pirate?

This could be totally cheesy, but i think the reason we all like the films is because we identify with characters/themes in them. So what makes you a pirate? (I suppose to be fair, I should also ask, Or what makes you an East India Trading villain?)

Here's my list:

1. eyeliner. lots of it. just for fun. smile love the exotic look.

2. loving travel--- loving going new places, feeling free to escape wherever i am whenever i want.

3. high affinity for danger/risk. hate feeling safe or comfortable.

4. doing very impulsive funny things just in order to tell the stories later, and exaggerate them.

5. i don't think rules should apply to me. i am constantly breaking them/asking people to bend them for me.

6. playing with people's minds. leaving people with a very strong impression.

7. carrying around weapons "just in case".

8. BOOTS!!! So much fun to wear!

9. getting fed up with and disgusted with society, fakeness, etc.

10. preferring rum to tea.

11. enjoy interacting with shady characters.

12. belief in the mythic/epic/impossible.

things i might have trouble with if i WERE a pirate:

1. lying/stealing... i would only feel comfortable lying to/stealing from people who were wealthy skeezes like Beckett.

2. i DO like to shower once in a while...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:31 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

lol, this is fun

1. Long coats: I feel like a confident, appealing pirate in a long coat
2. I negotiate with people A LOT, put spins on things.
3. I'm not a fan of the "I have to face the villain alone, man to man" thing. If I'm fighting someone, I'll take all the help I can get.
4. One of the first things that comes to mind when strange/adventurous things happen to me is, "this will make a great story."
5. I sometimes feel I'm a lost bird that never learned to fly...but is still learning.

Why I'm not a pirate:

1. Psh, I'm a military girl. My job would have been tracking down and capturing pirates. But then again...talk about an adventure!
2. Pillaging: I can't take people's possessions that they worked hard for and paid for honestly. I would rather find treasures.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:54 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hahaha WIllo... i can totally see you being the good miliatry leader who moonlights as a notorious pirate--- and you're always assigned to track down your other identity... hehe.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 03:23 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Well, cool beans--ummm, I embrace my inner pirate because I just know I'm too fine for the regular kind. There be none like us piratistas, none whomsoever. I just think of Jack's fabulous bearing when he is saluting the hung pirates, or on the yardarm of Jolly Mon. Don't know if singularly we writ even a chapter in the bright, smart and capable book, but the whole of the crew together, well, just read around here! We've inscribed volumes 6-10 for sure.

I know in my heart the stunning temporal pleasure obtained from witnessing (and that's exactly the right word) dawn, after a long night watch. The one from 2-4 is sharp and hard, it's black. It always seems cold to me, when only God and I know where I am and there's my faith to bear me in that little boat to dawn.

I like the great story part. I like the idea of me mates--to belong, to be on account. Even the submitting to order, capt'n, bosun, first mate, and having to do what my part is without questioning. Having something that I can do or teach to someone that would benefit the group.

The great clothes, accessories, HATS, ohmy, love HATS--nothing in this world like a good knife, sword.

Knowing secrets about things--drinking in dives--take all you can, give nothing back. (okay, that's harsh, I'm with Miz WilloftheWisp).

Now the hard part of pirating: Leaving those I love behind, perhaps for always; floggings (I know I'm a smartypants, I would hack off a billy goat), food...I love to eat, and yeah, there's the grubby thing.

But the rum, the passing fancys. I am so embracing my inner pirate becos it gives me pleasure--and that is good.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 05:18 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

being forced to live life of shame
troubles with boats
having everything i say feel illegal
not having any friends
not interested in anything in life as it stands but loves life
loves to eat and drink (not alcohol)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 03:10 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Snazzy lingo is a must for any pirate!!!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 04:26 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

1.personal hygiene lol
2. Rum! Whoo!
3. love of the ocean

I might have trouble lying, I laugh too much when I do, so its no good, but I could steal, I never have money

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 06:57 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Wow...Tramps....Loving your siggy...Rob Lowe, a beautiful man. Have you ever noticed how much Paul Walker resembles him....very handsome....

oh, back on topic.....

I don't really know why I'm drawn to Pirates....I'm a very conservative person...I vote republican...I like short, clean cut men (usually, that's why my obsession with ruggedly handsome, long-haired Johnny is such a baffling thing to me), I walk the straight and narrow line...afraid to break rules....although I break the speed limit all the time, and I have been known to sneak things from work now and then....kind of like Jack picking up the things in Tia's cabin (looks around to make sure no one is looking)....

I would love to travel and have adventure...but I can't ...so I think that is why I'm drawn to Pirates..I can live out my fantasy life through Elizabeth...and I think that's why I'm a Sparrabether at heart, I just can't imagine being Elizabeth and choosing Will over Jack!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 02:24 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Lol, I understand, lovethemtigers. Pirates are a fantasy for us. I think that's why we like the romantic version of them, that they're just free spirits instead of something closer to the line of terrorists.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 03:47 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

yes lol *pretend to listen* oh yea, ty tigers...i luv him:P

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 07:44 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
Wow...Tramps....Loving your siggy...Rob Lowe, a beautiful man. Have you ever noticed how much Paul Walker resembles him....very handsome....

oh, back on topic.....

I don't really know why I'm drawn to Pirates....I'm a very conservative person...I vote republican...I like short, clean cut men (usually, that's why my obsession with ruggedly handsome, long-haired Johnny is such a baffling thing to me), I walk the straight and narrow line...afraid to break rules....although I break the speed limit all the time, and I have been known to sneak things from work now and then....kind of like Jack picking up the things in Tia's cabin (looks around to make sure no one is looking)....

I would love to travel and have adventure...but I can't ...so I think that is why I'm drawn to Pirates..I can live out my fantasy life through Elizabeth...and I think that's why I'm a Sparrabether at heart, I just can't imagine being Elizabeth and choosing Will over Jack!

You sound completely alone, and whyever could you not travel? Are you disabled/invalid?? I am presently invalid, not really, but that's what I call myself. (Too much h.w. from grade school..) Can't major in International Studies/Relations/Business?? It's a prestigious major and could lead to actually anything.... I was a music major; it was gr8.

Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 04:43 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Welcome Miz Christbar, I'm Godiva in Texas (Texxy)--all kinds of homework keep ya from piratey goodness, darlin'--sometimes, it's enough that piratista hearts beat true. What's your instrument of choice dearie, though the other sounds guarenteed to form a lovely future, what's the music passion? Me, I can't carry a tune in a dingey, don't stop me, just irritates the neighbors--

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 05:15 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by texgodiva2s
Welcome Miz Christbar, I'm Godiva in Texas (Texxy)--all kinds of homework keep ya from piratey goodness, darlin'--sometimes, it's enough that piratista hearts beat true. What's your instrument of choice dearie, though the other sounds guarenteed to form a lovely future, what's the music passion? Me, I can't carry a tune in a dingey, don't stop me, just irritates the neighbors--

Hey, Miss 16!

I started as a piano/organ major and then just organ and then quits. I also did voice. Oh, I majored in Vocal and Instrumental Music Education but not to be a teacher, along with my Performance. I did the Ballet Minor, but I moved and it's not common. I'm too sick to play music, so I don't know. I think I can play, though. Yea, organ is a thing of mine.. Am I good at it? Well... I respect it. It's either you respect or you do not respect it. The first = snob usu. if you aren't lucky.

On topic, it is rather piraty. Yea, I'm a music pirate, d***ed to music forever. No matter what I do, it's like music.... Organ organ.... I love the piano, but maybe when I am not so say sick I can play again. I'm trying to catch up in organ hint hint.. Actually no I can completely play it. It's easy. I had an electric keyboard when I started piano lessons and would'd loved to had been able to take organ. I can't beat Davy Jones but classically I sure can. aHa!.

I'm used to focusing on an art. You can, too, you just think you cannot I see b/c ppl do focus on your feeling aspect. Me, I'm an artist in a mold. I don't let anyone touch my feelings.

O, I didn't even know when PotC came out btw. I saw 3 first opening weekend w/ my fam. I didn't even know if it was out then even though my bro played it all the time on pc. Look fwd to if they have a 4.

O, TX, I lived in Louisiana all my teen years. laughing But I am basically from FL; I liked it better overall fosho. TX is diff. I do not think I would fit in, either, though, there. I actually always liked the Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area the best, but that's where Johnny Depp is mostly from. bleh, how embarrassing. & yes I have lived in Jax as a child. It kinda rox. But mainly from St. Augustine, FL, sometimes bc I was the oldest when I lived there in FL, other than where I ended up now. My dad worked at a Florida bank that got shut down when we moved.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2008 09:41 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Originally posted by christnabarrett
Hey, Miss 16!

[I]I started as a piano/organ major and then just organ and then quits. I also did voice. Oh, I majored in Vocal and Instrumental Music Education but not to be a teacher, along with my Performance. I]

On topic, it is rather piraty. Yea, I'm a music pirate, d***ed to music forever. No matter what I do, it's like music....

I'm used to focusing on an art. You can, too, you just think you cannot I see b/c ppl do focus on your feeling aspect. Me, I'm an artist in a mold. I don't let anyone touch my feelings.

O, TX, I lived in Louisiana all my teen years. laughing But I am basically from FL; I liked it better overall fosho. TX is diff. I do not think I would fit in, either, though, there. I actually always liked the Ft. Lauderdale / Miami area the best, I]
[/COLOR]

Well, hello darlin'--I was started in Alabama, on the coast of course--I've been to, hung out in , sailed to a couple of times, most all the emerald coast in Flo-ri-dah--had some experience up Atlantic side got traveling nurse buddies there now I wanna go see. Sanibel Island--the taste!

Me, I got artist buddies lots, got a fair grasp on the words of and concepts of art, artists--my skill is in the finding of things for my artist buddies--that you make music is delightful--I always sing to myself hopefully, my class if they won't listen up (only takes once I'm tellin' ya). To play an instrument would give me great pleasure--had a banjo for a couple years. Learned 3 or 2 songs and played 'em with my best friend with her beautiful Martin guitar.

Here's to your good health then--and continuing to make this organ music--man that's work as far as I can tell--you must have great lovely hands to manipulate all the keys etc. big reach--more later then and here's to a good week. I'm a pirate becos I love to know the rules to figure out how I will be able to bend 'em to my doings. Just can't accept that someone knows for me better than I do myself.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 10:22 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by texgodiva2s
Well, hello darlin'--I was started in Alabama, on the coast of course--I've been to, hung out in , sailed to a couple of times, most all the emerald coast in Flo-ri-dah--had some experience up Atlantic side got traveling nurse buddies there now I wanna go see. Sanibel Island--the taste!

Me, I got artist buddies lots, got a fair grasp on the words of and concepts of art, artists--my skill is in the finding of things for my artist buddies--that you make music is delightful--I always sing to myself hopefully, my class if they won't listen up (only takes once I'm tellin' ya). To play an instrument would give me great pleasure--had a banjo for a couple years. Learned 3 or 2 songs and played 'em with my best friend with her beautiful Martin guitar.

Here's to your good health then--and continuing to make this organ music--man that's work as far as I can tell--you must have great lovely hands to manipulate all the keys etc. big reach--more later then and here's to a good week. I'm a pirate becos I love to know the rules to figure out how I will be able to bend 'em to my doings. Just can't accept that someone knows for me better than I do myself.

haHA I just from East Coast Florida and New Orleans area. I must s***.

I love to watch movies, feelin' it. I'm usually was doing ballet and organ and stuff of that nature, the choir... but I'm past that and wanna watch movies now. So I had a life but have stuff to catch up on. I know all about stuff like Johnny Depp already, though. Only seen C+tCF + PotC1-3, though.

I don't have too many artist friends that close really. I moved a lot. I miss the Ft. Lauderdale - Miami area and am marked by its identity. Mainly a NE Florida gal.

I like to meet ppl and do things and that I don't..

My biggest thing in life has always been visual arts since a tot and my biggest accomplishments in baton, which I did in 2nd and 3rd grade and 2nd sem junior yr.

My hands did get bigger when I played piano. Organ stretches it to perfection. It's just music, but you can hear all the notes if you play for long enough, which isn't incredibly that long.

Wow ur super smart.. :] I know a lot of ppl ur age.

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 11:39 PM