KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Liz and Will's Son At The End of POTC 3

Liz and Will's Son At The End of POTC 3
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

Liz and Will's Son At The End of POTC 3

I think that is awesome that Will and Liz had a son I guess...well mostly for Will anyway but I have to say it must suck having your father around 1 day for every 10 years. I think it's kind of like what Bootstrap did to Will though his kid will essentially grow up with no father.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 04:38 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

No one else feels it's kind of messed up? Okay, lol

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 05:35 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah the ending really pisses me off. it makes no sense, its tragic, and it ruins half the character's lives. lame. sad. that's why i try to come up with alternate endings. lol.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 05:40 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

LOL maybe I didn't mind the ending but when I thought about it was like wow Little Willie Turner's daddy is a pirate and he won't grow up with him either

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:08 AM
katelovespirate

i mean, i think Elizabeth is fully capable of raising a kid on her own and rocking out the pirate king on the weekends, but it's not very fun. Liz gets no action, the kid gets no father, Jack gets no pearl, Will gets the most depressing job ever for eternity, James is dead, Swann is dead, Beckett is dead, and Gibbs has a teddy bear. I really don't know what to say aside from, BOOOO. wink

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:11 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
i mean, i think Elizabeth is fully capable of raising a kid on her own and rocking out the pirate king on the weekends, but it's not very fun. Liz gets no action, the kid gets no father, Jack gets no pearl, Will gets the most depressing job ever for eternity, James is dead, Swann is dead, Beckett is dead, and Gibbs has a teddy bear. I really don't know what to say aside from, BOOOO. wink

Well i mean when you put it like that..lol it does kind of suck. Though i like the idea of Jack still having to struggle a bit. I think Pirates should have ended after COTB. That was a great ending

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 08:03 AM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

2 cents worth please if you don't mind: I think Will has major helper mentality working. He would be good at his job, just as my hospice nurse friends are--capable of doing something to ease another human being into the passing from this life--on to next. I'm old school in believing in reincarnation--Great Mandala, circle of life.

Ending almost made me pull my teeth out with my own fingers, I was so depressed over the dad gum thing. Rotten that Barbossa stole the Pearl, Rotten that one day--and part of me says romantically oh,,,,,the one day---rest of me says, rainy days are great for piling up in the kivers with your snuggle buddy and amusing yourself with all the clever combos to which you can contort.

I believe in Free Range Jack--the trickster has got to be free and mobile. Free isn't without cost, being in a relationship, same. Unfortunately Jack has this burden--he must be free. All of his crew those we know of, would be lost if he decided to hit the porch and stay there.

I don't know if it's becos the myth/legend idea is so set in my brain or I have people in my life (3 men 'friends') who come and go. Nothing sweeter in this world than seeing their faces at my door--for a while after they are gone, nothing sadder. In between, they are free.

Ending is not an ending--I feel like I got lead astray--and not in a good way.

small OT--happy almost birthday S&B, glad you are here sharing and striving.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Last edited by texgodiva2s on Dec 9th, 2007 at 11:02 AM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:56 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RememberS&S

The kid was a huge mistake IMO. Will is cursed, Jack is gone, so for the heck of it why not throw in a kid so that Lizzie has to take care of him alone. She doesn't have her father to help her, she doesn't have Will or Jack as company. What kind of life would that be, she sees him for ONE DAY, out of TEN YEARS. Her son grows up with out a father figure, who knows what kind of effect that'll have on him, he'll end up just like Will messed

Honestly that ending isn't fair for any shipping and even the no shippers. Everyone just ends up miserable, even if jack is somewhat happy there is no proper closier for him.

I honestly hate the fact that they are going to make a 4th movie all about Jack, it's so annoying when people make spin-offs. I would only watch POTC 4 if it had at least Lizzie in it, otherwise I'd just leave my image of Jack Sparrow as it was in AWE. I don't need to see him commercialized and made into a pathetic Disney joke.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:09 PM
RememberS&S is currently offline Click here to Send RememberS&S a Private Message Find more posts by RememberS&S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

lets hope the kid will want to remain waiting for will after Liz is dead..I thought it HAD to be the one who loves him truly..surely he loves his "dad" but its not the same.

I personally think that Liz doesn't have to keep meeting him so he stays "nice"

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:33 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Everyone makes a lot of good points, and thanks for the early happy birthday!

The ending is kind of sucking to me now too now that people have elaborated more on how they dislike it. Really the only person I truly cared about at the end was Captain Jack Sparrow though and I did enjoy his ending. He was still Captain Jack Sparrow just the same and he was off to do his thing again.

Has a fourth movie been confirmed yet? I would be excited about a Captain Jack Sparrow movie as long as he got to remain a clever wheeler and dealer. His character is the stand out in the series IMO. I'd watch it with just him but I'm not interested in seeing Elizabeth in it. Maybe young Will Turner or Will Turner in it would be nice though.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 06:59 PM
RememberS&S

Honestly there must be a limit to how much boredom Will Turner can provide, I like to think he reached it in AWE.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 08:35 PM
RememberS&S is currently offline Click here to Send RememberS&S a Private Message Find more posts by RememberS&S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by RememberS&S
Honestly there must be a limit to how much boredom Will Turner can provide, I like to think he reached it in AWE.

LMAO really I did not like Will in Pirates one much at all but I grew to like him more and more as the series progressed. I really wouldn't mind if him and his son were in a Captain Jack Sparrow movie because Captain Jack Sparrow really needs a straight man and Will to me is pretty good for that.

Or him even taking on Will's son wouldn't be so bad to me.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 08:45 PM
RememberS&S

Oooooo, male bonding and fun adventures, sounds like 2 and 1/2 men and Hornblower mixed together.

I'd totally go spend my well earned money on 3 hours of that pure Disney fun!

sick

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:00 PM
SelinaAndBruce

Oooooo, male bonding and fun adventures, sounds like 2 and 1/2 men and Hornblower mixed together.

I'd totally go spend my well earned money on 3 hours of that pure Disney fun!

sick

What would you want from a fourth Pirates movie? I'd like to see that myself!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:07 PM
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by LovelyOne
lets hope the kid will want to remain waiting for will after Liz is dead..I thought it HAD to be the one who loves him truly..surely he loves his "dad" but its not the same.

I personally think that Liz doesn't have to keep meeting him so he stays "nice"

I agree...I don't think Liz has to keep meeting Will for him to stay nice....

and do we really have absolute 100% proof that the kid at the end is Will's son?

And yes, please...no more Will in the Pirates movies....I 've been bored by will turner long enough.......let him stay aboard the dutchman and ferry lost souls.....

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:25 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RememberS&S

As I've said before, they should've stopped at CotBP, and now that they did AWE, they should stop there. But no, they want more fans and more money and I just don't see the point.

For me they can't do anything more with the characters and even if they do, it'll just be corny. I just hate the idea of seeing these fantastic characters and amazing actors go to waste to provide cheap entertainment to children.

I don't mind if they go and make a movie for kids but to have a PG 13 film with death and love and romance to just turn around and make it a cartoon again, that's pathetic. But honestly there is no point in arguing about it, I'm acting like a pouty child. I just loved CotBP and DMC, AWE brutally murdered my passion for anything, I'll just never hope for anything in a movie again. T&T destroyed my hope in good writing.

There's nothing I can do about it so...ya...I've given up on POTC.

And just to bring this back to the topic, I hope Will's son doesn't turn out to be momma's boy, he'll probably spend most of his life with Lizzie. Shows how screwed everyone is in AWE.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 09:27 PM
SelinaAndBruce

O IA to some extent RS&S I was just watcing Pirates one and two again. COTB is definitely the best but I think DMC gets beat up a little too much it was actually pretty decent only disappointing in the fact that it can't stand as a movie on it's own you have to watch part 3 after you see it since it's essentially one big trailer for that movie.

They did ruin the franchines with part 3 IMO...however I still would be curious to see what a Captain Jack Sparrow movie would be like and Johnny did say he'd only do it if the movie was good.

I don't think young William will grow up to be too much of a mother's boy his mother is a bit of a tomboy

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:23 PM
RememberS&S

That's true, he'll probably grow up learning swordfighting and kicking ass with his mom. Maybe they'll show him somewhat grown up and immortal Jack will come along and whisk him away on an adventure. All I'm hoping for is that they don't show Elizabeth old and wrinkled before they finally kill her off, for that I would consider hunting T&T down and hurting them very very badly.

All I ask of POTC 4 is that they respect the first trilogy and the characters in it. I just pray that they don't shame the reputation of it by making it all unrealistic.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 10:51 PM
SelinaAndBruce

That's true, he'll probably grow up learning swordfighting and kicking ass with his mom. Maybe they'll show him somewhat grown up and immortal Jack will come along and whisk him away on an adventure. All I'm hoping for is that they don't show Elizabeth old and wrinkled before they finally kill her off, for that I would consider hunting T&T down and hurting them very very badly.

All I ask of POTC 4 is that they respect the first trilogy and the characters in it. I just pray that they don't shame the reputation of it by making it all unrealistic.

I wouldn't mind old wrinked Elizabeth before she gets killed off smokin' LOL

But immortal Captain Jack, that could be fun

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 11:02 PM
RememberS&S

Alittle to unrealistic and there's no fun in that, he can't die so there's no rush to anything he does. If anything, he'll get bored in the first year and probably suffer till Jesus comes down and saves him.

And saying you'd like to see Lizzie old and wrinkled is like saying you'd like to see Jack old and wrinkled to me. She's just as important a character as Jack and Will. People undermine her way to much. She's a single mom now for godsake and she has to deal with all that stress and crap from everything that went wrong in AWE around her.

She must be a strong person to handle all of that, I respect her alot cause of her determined personality.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 11:45 PM