KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » OMG! HUGE thought

OMG! HUGE thought
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Gender: Female
Location: at the second star to the right

OMG! HUGE thought

Ok, I'm sure my logic's off so someone will have to correct me on this, but I think I found a loophole to the curse. We're all unhappy Will is bound forever, right? Sparrabethers, willabethers, norribethers, we're all in agreement on this. So I think I know something.

Why does Elizabeth have to keep the heart safe?

If someone stabs Will's heart, isn't he free? I don't think it actually killed Davy. I think what happened to Davy is that Calypso just took him with her, because she's not really dead. She's immortal and Davy had a look of relief on his face and said her name like they could be together now. So I think stabbing the heart just makes the captain powerless. So Elizabeth could just have someone else stab the heart (and it's not like it's against her nature to do that), and free Will.


__________________

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 02:50 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

I'm up for that. Totally. Good thought! I always had a joke that she was just waiting for the kid to grow old enough to stab the heart himself, so she and Will could have some privacy. wink

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 02:52 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Gender: Female
Location: at the second star to the right

Wow, Elizabeth Swann: the Andrea Yates of the POTC world. That's just so dark...and yet if young immortal Will Junior happened to come across a mermaid or something...


__________________

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 06:51 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Gender: Female
Location: Where I Am.

I think that would be cool to pass it on. So the one person wouldn't have to live forever seeing everyone they love die big grin


__________________

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 06:52 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

If you stab the heart you kill the captain.


__________________
Bruce: You've got, sort of a dark side, don't you?

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 06:57 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
If you stab the heart you kill the captain.



well, i'm good with that.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 09:24 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Gender: Female
Location: Where I Am.

Im good with it, too. haha


__________________

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 09:29 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Gender: Female
Location: WheRe JacK is I'M There By His Side

Ya someone should try it and if it ends up killing him...so be it!! smile oh my we r evil!


__________________

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 10:02 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

No Will and Elizabeth are destiny though sad It's not a perfect destiny but it's theirs and I think no matter what Elizabeth will always come back to that cliff for Will


__________________
Bruce: You've got, sort of a dark side, don't you?

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 12:05 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Gender: Female
Location: WheRe JacK is I'M There By His Side

Ya because she feels she has too, she promised and because she does love Will she'll do it for his sake. I do believe that even if Elizabeth and Jack were to be together, once every 10 years she would stand on that cliff to see Will because she honors her promises not because she still loves him. and Jack would understand...thats my opinion.


__________________

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 12:10 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

you know what i love about sparrabethers? we are endlessly creative. totally undaunted. fully committed. it's fantastic. Elizabeth is married with a kid, and we STILL have NO problem coming up with endless scenarios how Jack and Elizabeth could STILL make it work. haha. i love it. smile

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 12:41 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: In my own little world... MY world.

Yea I think tht stabbing the heart wuld kill the captain... sad but if there's a land of the dead than maybe Elizabeth could tell her kid tht once she gets old and dies tht he should stab the heart... tht way Will and Liz could be together, but cut neither one of their lives short... and Will probably wouldn't mind dying if Liz was already dead...


__________________
Yes I'm obsessed... You say it like it's a bad thing...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 01:41 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
you know what i love about sparrabethers? we are endlessly creative. totally undaunted. fully committed. it's fantastic. Elizabeth is married with a kid, and we STILL have NO problem coming up with endless scenarios how Jack and Elizabeth could STILL make it work. haha. i love it. smile

That's called desperation wink No just kidding I do admire the spin cycle you guys maintain

No but for real I don't want Jack committing adultery with Liz either. Elizabeth and Will belong to each other. They're married to one another they have a son together and I believe she will wait for him faithfully because at the end of the day her main objective in all the Pirates movies no matter what she did was to save Will and to be with him eventually. They went to the ends of the earth for one another and Elizabeth even sacrificed Jack so she and Will could get away with the other crew members.

I'm not a hard core Willabether at all but they are the love story in this series and I have no doubt Elizabeth will continue to wait for Will because the moment she was assigned to watch over him on that ship they became the ones for each other.


__________________
Bruce: You've got, sort of a dark side, don't you?

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 01:46 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: In my own little world... MY world.

so r u a wallabether?


__________________
Yes I'm obsessed... You say it like it's a bad thing...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 01:50 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by potcfan2003
so r u a wallabether?

Not necessarily. I dislike the Elizabeth character but I like Will. But stepping back from who I like and who I don't like I can see they are definitely the story of the POTC series and I did like some of their scenes. I loved the scene of Elizabeth going to the cliffs with his son waiting for him and Will hanging on the edge looking like he couldn't wait to be with his family again. All my negative feelings for Elizabeth dissolved in that moment. No matter how grating she was in the series she loves Will something fierce IMO.


__________________
Bruce: You've got, sort of a dark side, don't you?

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 01:52 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
That's called desperation wink No just kidding I do admire the spin cycle you guys maintain

No but for real I don't want Jack committing adultery with Liz either. Elizabeth and Will belong to each other. They're married to one another they have a son together and I believe she will wait for him faithfully because at the end of the day her main objective in all the Pirates movies no matter what she did was to save Will and to be with him eventually. They went to the ends of the earth for one another and Elizabeth even sacrificed Jack so she and Will could get away with the other crew members.

I'm not a hard core Willabether at all but they are the love story in this series and I have no doubt Elizabeth will continue to wait for Will because the moment she was assigned to watch over him on that ship they became the ones for each other.


haha... no, i think most sparrabethers don't want Elizabeth to cheat on Will at all... we much prefer to come up with reasons why Will sets her free (or dies, not because we are heartless, but because the way the film ended, it's not like they were happily together anyways).

and really, i think most sparrabethers are big fans of both characters (Jack and Elizabeth) individually and find it more challenging and exciting to watch them interact. Anything you see between Jack and Elizabeth will never, never be the kind of mushy, kissy, sweet, innocent romance like Will and Elizabeth have, or most couples have for that matter. It's much more intriguing and complicated- in that it challenges morality, challenges defined roles, involves a lot of physical attraction, and boils down to two people who are obsessed with freedom and adventure. but don't take my word for it. wink

i think the best way to understand a Sparrabethers continued hope despite AWE, read the link to the fanfic Willo posted on the Sparrabeth thread. It's long, but WORTH IT, even if you don't ship sparrabeth. extremely well written and fun to read. The only problem is it's not finished yet, leaving you on a massive cliff hanger. haha.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:08 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: In my own little world... MY world.

oops... I meant willabether! OMG and u like Will too? I like Will better than Elizabeth... she's one of my least fav. characters... but I still love her charcter...


__________________
Yes I'm obsessed... You say it like it's a bad thing...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:17 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by potcfan2003
oops... I meant willabether! OMG and u like Will too? I like Will better than Elizabeth... she's one of my least fav. characters... but I still love her charcter...

I don't much care for her character at all but I do tolerate her because she makes will happy. I am a Captain Jack Sparrow Fan First, but I like Will as well smile


__________________
Bruce: You've got, sort of a dark side, don't you?

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 03:55 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: Drinking rum with Jack in a dingy

Re: OMG! HUGE thought

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Ok, I'm sure my logic's off so someone will have to correct me on this, but I think I found a loophole to the curse. We're all unhappy Will is bound forever, right? Sparrabethers, willabethers, norribethers, we're all in agreement on this. So I think I know something.

Why does Elizabeth have to keep the heart safe?

If someone stabs Will's heart, isn't he free? I don't think it actually killed Davy. I think what happened to Davy is that Calypso just took him with her, because she's not really dead. She's immortal and Davy had a look of relief on his face and said her name like they could be together now. So I think stabbing the heart just makes the captain powerless. So Elizabeth could just have someone else stab the heart (and it's not like it's against her nature to do that), and free Will.


well...call me evil but I'm not all that upset that Will is bound to the Dutchman forever.....it actually gives a loophole for Sparrabeth...but I won't go over those reasons again...I've already done so quite a few times on the Sparrabeth thread.....in fact, us sparrabethers over at Tasty Pirates were shouting for glee..... evil face i'm sorry...but I just don't won't Elizabeth and Will together...and I don't think they are destined...fate keep intervening into their "happily" everafter...


__________________
All my thanks to savvysparrowluv!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:16 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce
Senior Member

Gender: Female
Location: United States

Re: Re: OMG! HUGE thought

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lovethemtigers
well...call me evil but I'm not all that upset that Will is bound to the Dutchman forever.....it actually gives a loophole for Sparrabeth...but I won't go over those reasons again...I've already done so quite a few times on the Sparrabeth thread.....in fact, us sparrabethers over at Tasty Pirates were shouting for glee..... evil face i'm sorry...but I just don't won't Elizabeth and Will together...and I don't think they are destined...fate keep intervening into their "happily" everafter...

But Elizabeth killed Captain Jack Sparrow and that's a sign of true love. laughing out loud


__________________
Bruce: You've got, sort of a dark side, don't you?

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:19 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 01:41 AM.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » OMG! HUGE thought

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.