KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Tying the knot...

Tying the knot...
Started by: Tramps Lady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Tying the knot...

Just read article;

Johnny Depp and longtime partner Vanessa Paradis are getting married!

The couple – who have two children, Lily-Rose and Jack – are planning to tie the knot on June 14 in the US.

The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star has previously said that he was "for all intents and purposes married" and reluctant to tie the knot if it meant changing the last name of his soon-to-be wife Vanessa.
"It's so perfect – Vanessa Paradis," the actor said. "It would be such a drag to stick her with Paradis-Depp."

The pair did not say if the French singer would change her surname after the wedding.

So...PirateDiva...are we happy? What about the rest of us?

I'm happy about it because they've been together for years, its pretty much about time for it.

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Last edited by Tramps Lady on Apr 11th, 2008 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 05:40 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

lol....i guess I'll believe it when it happens! for some reason everytime summer rolls around the rumors start breaking about Johnny and Vanessa having a smal summer wedding either in the states or in the comfort of their French Villa w only the close of the closest friends attending. Then summer roles by and nothin!

So when it happens I'll believe it and as some1 who loves him with all her heart and wants him to be happy, I'll be happy for him but as a fan who fantasizes of chance with him i think i'll be sad or is it envious??! lol...anywhoo marriage just seems so final! *sighs* Still i wish them all the best! smile

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 10:33 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

sorry, i think the excuse for not getting married is bull, i mean - who in hollywood changes their last name when they get married? 1 for every 100 people? If that? I don't know why it was even an issue....i think there's something else. But I am happy for them big grin

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 12:12 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I agree, sailor. This is the 21st century. Many women keep their last names. I'm a big advocate for marriage also.

The article sounds a little fishy to me. Typically, weddings occur wherever the bride is from, which would be France for these two, not to mention the fact that they already live there and probably the majority of their friends do too. They don't seem like the type of Hollywood couple that would make it a priority to have a bunch of other celebrities at their wedding. The only reason I can think of for having a wedding in the states is for Johnny's family, but hell, he's rich enough to fly them all over. As earlier stated, I'll believe it when I see it.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 12:44 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

OMG YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!

I was listening to the radio and the two people said they had the gossipiest gossip and its amazing cause nothing every happens here. He started and said, "Johnny Depp.." I was like WTH how is he involved with my area!?!?!?!? Then he proceeded to say that Johnny is getting married June 14th on an island that is 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY FLIPPING HOUSE!!!!!

10 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOUSE JOHNNY DEPP IS GOING TO BE!!!! AND ALL HIS FAMOUS FRIENDS!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!@~!@~!@~!@!~@~@~!@!~@!~@!~@
!~@!~@~!@!~@!~

Apparently he is good friends with Sandra Bullock who has a house down here. The little island he is getting hitched on is quite crappy haha But it is good if you want to avoid the public or whatever..

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 08:13 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Oh, wow, pocky. You need to make yourself a press badge and get one of those notes that say "scoop" to stick in your hat and go over there.

Preacher: (in Princess Bride voice) Mawwiage....mawwiage, mawwiage...If anyone objects to this union, let him speak now or forever hold his peace.

Pocky: (storms in) I object!

Vanessa: Sacre bleu!

Johnny: What's going on here?

Pocky: (whips out press badge) I Heart Pocky, New York Times and representative of KMC Associated Fandom. You are hereby prohibited under penalty of severe spanking by fangirls to stay a bachelor until such time you decide to marry one of the aforementioned fangirls.

Johnny: I'm confused...

(Pocky pounces on him. His kids just stare.)

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 08:18 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

LOL I'm so going down there because I MUST MEET HIM!!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 08:21 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

Yeah, i'll believe it when I see it - but I'll be happy for him if he does, but I don't see why the marriage between is such a big deal - they're soul mates it seems, why all the ceremony? But if they do, I'll be really excited for him and his family ^_^

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 09:09 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Yeahhhh, I hope it happens. I read that he chose that place to be convenient for his family in Florida.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 09:11 PM
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Oh, wow, pocky. You need to make yourself a press badge and get one of those notes that say "scoop" to stick in your hat and go over there.

Preacher: (in Princess Bride voice) Mawwiage....mawwiage, mawwiage...If anyone objects to this union, let him speak now or forever hold his peace.

Pocky: (storms in) I object!

Vanessa: Sacre bleu!

Johnny: What's going on here?

HAHAHAHAHA Oh you made Vanessa say "sacre bleu"... talk about freaking HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! seriously just made my night...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 03:59 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Lol, I've never heard her talk, so I just imagine this sweet, storybook French accent...that and Johnny chasing her around as she's wearing a French maid costume.

Johnny: (chasing her around the house, tossing his clothes off) I'm coming! Nowhere to run!

Vanessa: (yelling back) Mon Dieu! (to herself) Oo la la.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:12 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

lol! That image is funny. And cute. Reminds me of the Pepe Le Pew cartoon.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 09:01 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Remember, Miz Iheart, deep breaths!!! Lots of deep breaths....yes I am dedicated to my own particular sensory stimulation, even vicariously--lol--I thought Sandra lived in Austin? Did she move to Mr. James hometown after they got married?

I'm old school new age--never married, two long term quasi-marriages. You wouldn't think name changes mean much until you have to return one you've been with for most all your life. Hell, friend of mine Sarah married, decided to change her name and no joke, she's Melissa (not her middle name) now--her same last name. Vanessa could be called late for dinner and they would still be "married" as long as the "contract" they have agreed upon is fulfilled. My feeling on the matter is as long as he's coming home for supper, so to speak...doesn't matter where he gets his appetite--he doesn't apparently and she doesn't apparently share except between the two, that's married. In Texas, it's default (common law) if you have children or 7 years worth.

Oh, now here's a thought--his daughter's 8 or so....that's about the time that kids decide mum and dad need to be a bit more square--there is no explaining to them why you're not married. lmao--I had forgotten that one....

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 12:04 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote