KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed

Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed
Started by: Nanami_XIV

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed

Well, I don't know if I'll see any of these..but I'm sure many of you are happy! big grin

Any Alice in Wonderland Fans? Depp will also be playing the Mad Hatter in Burton's take on Alice in Wonderland.

"LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Superstar actor Johnny Depp has signed on to three new Disney projects, including the fourth installment of the blockbuster "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, the entertainment industry newspaper Variety confirmed Thursday.

If this wasn't enough for the 45-year-old actor, Depp will also play the Mad Hatter in director Tim Burton's adaptation of the classic "Alice in Wonderland," using a mix of 3D animation and performance capture technology similar to that used for 2007's "Beowulf."

The "Pirates 4" confirmation arrived early Thursday through the actor's representatives in Variety."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 01:10 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Re: Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nanami_XIV
Well, I don't know if I'll see any of these..but I'm sure many of you are happy! big grin

I find you to be a very negative person, Nanami. haha!

ANYHOO!

Ew, like Beowolf? Weird. I don't like that. That stuff is too much like a video game. I don't want to watch a video game, I want to watch a movie. I want to see Johnny's skin, mmkay? blech!

The P4 confirmation still isn't real in my head. I just don't believe it. It is quite certain though, isn't it? Blaahhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know if I'm happy.

WE'LL SEE!!!!! eek!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 04:22 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Re: Re: Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed

Originally posted by IheartPocky

ANYHOO!

Ew, like Beowolf? Weird. I don't like that. That stuff is too much like a video game. I don't want to watch a video game, I want to watch a movie. I want to see Johnny's skin, mmkay? blech!

The P4 confirmation still isn't real in my head. I just don't believe it. It is quite certain though, isn't it? Blaahhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know if I'm happy.

WE'LL SEE!!!!! eek!

OH DITTO. I wasn't so fond of Beowulf either, I like real people better.

P4, happy for it, and really bummed at the same time. I'm just not sure how it would turn out! But trusting Johnny, it'll work out because.. well, it's johnny, and he'll only get good stuff. although, i totally hope it ain't gonna be as bad as IJ 4..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 02:41 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

UGH IJ4 was soooooooooooooooooooo bad. I hope it isnt like that either.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 01:35 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

P4 is confirmed, its in the Herald Sun today, my dad showed me and i screamed alot alot:P

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 03:09 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

yeah, but I hope that they don't ruin it!!!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 08:08 AM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Re: Re: Johnny and Pirates 4 confirmed

Been called negative before. XD But I'm just a down to earth type person that doesn't like to joke around alot. smile

But I'll see PotC 4 if I think the trailer is good..If it's just about Jack though,I may not see it..yes,Jack is amazing and all..but still. Wouldn't really be a story line if it was just him.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 06:44 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Traaaaamps!!!! So good to see ya!! eek! OMG!!! Even if Pirates 4 turns out to suck....im just excited that the news is bringing ppl back!! That alone makes my heart burst with Joy!! big grin

Capt. Jack!!! Omg...i aint gonna lie...im excited!!! Like Johnny...im not ready to let go of Capt. Jack!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 12:56 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Originally posted by PirateDiva
Traaaaamps!!!! So good to see ya!! eek! OMG!!! Even if Pirates 4 turns out to suck....im just excited that the news is bringing ppl back!! That alone makes my heart burst with Joy!! big grin

Capt. Jack!!! Omg...i aint gonna lie...im excited!!! Like Johnny...im not ready to let go of Capt. Jack!!!

LOL, I didn't think ya missed me that much:P i come on every now and then, but the forums are so quiet nowadays, but pirates 4 should bring everyone backsmile

The article's on my wall now. although, as much as I want a pirates 4, i kind of think it will ruin it. unless they stick with the "fountain of youth" storyline, otherwise, i don't know where it will go and how they will get to the end of it.
It's all really interesting in a way, because you wonder - "should they make another pirates?" - "will it ruin the franchise?" - "what storyline will they use?" - "Will they go 'fountain of youth'?" - "What about the other characters? Are they returning?" How does everyone else feel about this?
Firstly, I am just plain excited and can't wait to see if it is official or even if they do make it at all - and i just want it to come out - Secondly, I feel excited but like this whole post is mainly about, i feel it could ruin the movie for me.

Has anyone at all thought that its so exciting they're most probably going to make a new pirates? Or that its going to suck? Most likely not. Most people i have seen are exactly like me, excited, yet concerned.What about the characters? Will any of them reprise their roles? Does anyone feel concerned about this if they do make a new one (besides those Will fans wink). This is yet another reason I feel that it won't succeed, basically, because since 2003, we've learnt to live with the Will and Elizabeth ship, although some of us never wanted that to happen. We first saw Keira in Bend it Like Beckham, and since 2003 when COTBP came out, we've seen Keira grow up and become a lovely young lady (I know I'm only 14, but hey). And Orlando, too, we have seen grow up, and we are used to Pirates having these two wonderful people, Geoffery Rush, too.

What if they don't reprise their roles? I'm almost certain Geoffery Rush will, but having no lead woman or no Will? Where's the point in that? Because that's what we've learnt to love and we've lived through it for 5-6 years, we've fantasised, we've been obsessed, with what? Johnny Depp? Captain Jack Sparrow? Most people may think they are obsessed with these two in the movie franchise, but yet, they are wrong, the three people who we have not yet seen have confirmed, have made Captain Sparrow what he is.

Okay, enough of my rambling, this is probably the longest post I've written in my time here, unless its an RP. So, what do people think on this?

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 01:52 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

My thoughts! The movie should be no more than 2 and a half hours. A new HOT male should be cast. Also, a female. Perhaps. Not a Jack love interest though. I don't know. I think it would seem a little too fan fiction to me. Although, I do love the idea of Kate Beckinsale in the movie.

They need to take their time and not rush things like they did with the other sequels. No filming until the script is complete and revised and revised haha

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:11 AM
To Freedom

An all-male movie would be too boring!! After all, bodice-ripping scenes are common in pirate stories so a female should also helm the movie. A female pirate in the lovely form of Kate Beckinsale would add an interesting tension. We're not talking about good girl-gone-bad Lizzy-type pirate wannabe but a real, tough-talking, bitchy and sly female pirate. And please, no Angelina Jolie.

I would want a really tight script and the special effects stuff should not overshadow it. I'm looking forward to more back stories about Jack and Barbossa. I also hope there's referencing to POTC 1, 2 and 3 with Jack thinking of Lizzy. I would hate it if POTC 4 is a standalone movie with no relation to 1, 2 and 3.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 09:26 AM
To Freedom is currently offline Click here to Send To Freedom a Private Message Find more posts by To Freedom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Yeah, I just don't like the thought of Jack and some new girl! big grin No romance!!!! I'm all for tension though, I suppose. I just keep thinking it will end up like some teenage girls fanfiction story. It probably won't but that's all that keeps popping in my head.

Last edited by IheartPocky on Sep 28th, 2008 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 07:11 PM
siriuswriter

Mad Hatter? YESSSSSS! *pictures Willy Wonka only with bigger hat.*

Pirates four? uggh. isn't the trilogy over already?

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 08:13 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

zomg Its Sirius. HI! stick out tongue

I think Tim Burton needs another friend. He uses Johnny in movies too much.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 11:52 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

..............I DO HOPE IT'S GONNA BE ABOUT FOY. but it SHOULD'NT go as far as something geting Sci-fi-ish. that's what happened to IJ4 and i HATED THAT.

OH NOES, guys, there are rumours about NT3 would be about the FOY too... THAT CAN'T BE! I want the NT team go after another AWESOME treasure and Captain J after teh FOY!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 04:09 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

oh my Well Ted and terry are writers and stuff for both movies so that shouldn't happen. Maybe. big grin

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 07:23 PM
siriuswriter

zomg Its Sirius. HI! stick out tongue

I think Tim Burton needs another friend. He uses Johnny in movies too much.

Hoy there! big grin big grin

Well Burton could always use Helena Bonha...

wait.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2008 10:29 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
Hoy there! big grin big grin

Well Burton could always use Helena Bonha...

wait.

lol! stick out tongue

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 12:50 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

It's been announced... Based on Jack Sparrow with no Orlando Bloom and No Keira. I'd write more, but I'm bloody tired right now.

Discuss..

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 04:40 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

WHY!?!?!?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 05:00 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote