KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC and the Seven Deadly Sins

POTC and the Seven Deadly Sins
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

POTC and the Seven Deadly Sins

So I've been watching the History Channel's specials about the seven deadly sins and, well, I like to tie everything back to POTC. So, can we find examples/characters for every sin? In case you don't know them, they are:

Lust: excessive sexual thoughts/actions
Gluttony: over-indulgence of any substance
Greed: obsession with wealth
Sloth: includes despair and apathy, failure to act, laziness
Anger: uncontrolled feelings of hate
Envy: "love of one's own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs," to quote Dante
Pride: excessive love for one's self so much so that it results in contempt for everyone else

The challenge? Name a character or a scene that is a perfect example of one of these sins and then share the sin you think you commit the most. Mine is pride. Go!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 02:31 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

LOL Mine's probably pride too.

Greed: Barbossa and the Black Pearl's crew from CotBP

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 04:36 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Fine. I'll do one.

Envy

Davy Jones envies the happiness and love in everyone else's lives, so instead of improving his own situation, he curses those he picks up and makes them serve him.

Come on, people! It's a series about pirates. There are sins up the wazoo.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 10:27 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Gluttony: Any scene where Jack Sparrow is drinking rum. ^.^

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 10:30 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DethRose
Owl Girl

Anger: Caused Davy Jones to be the Captain of the Flying Dutchman and end up as a squid/lobster/man thing

Mine would be sloth.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 04:29 AM
DethRose is currently offline Click here to Send DethRose a Private Message Find more posts by DethRose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Afternoon, y'all, I have to think that any scene that Beckett is in, is gonna be one of two: Lust, man was practically licking his lips in antici.....pation over Jack on Endeavor in AWE or Greed, really believed that there is only so much and if he didn't get out there and scrabble it all up he wouldn't have enough.

Seems to me in reviewing the hard one is going to be: Sloth. Unless we drag in T&T becos they got so lazy in AWE and lost the thread on their very own curse scenario. (At which point I must say, wretched Bas-turkeys!)

My personal sin: Undoubtably pride, I'm a closet exhibitionist and I do believe I'm right about 98% of the time. According to the story line on Charmed, Pride's the worst to try and recover from cos...I forget that part.

By the by, Miz WillowoftheWisp, how's the squeezable tiny piratisto? He's coming up on 1, right? How amazing that is!

Also, shame on me for off-topic and I do apologise.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Last edited by texgodiva2s on Feb 28th, 2009 at 07:58 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2009 07:55 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
paulisawesome12

haha they all fit to jack sparrow more or less [he is awesome!!!!!!!]

Old Post Dec 5th, 2010 02:01 AM
paulisawesome12 is currently offline Click here to Send paulisawesome12 a Private Message Find more posts by paulisawesome12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

^ This is true.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2010 10:50 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote