KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » CHASE SABRE DUEL- Dak vs. Xeth

CHASE SABRE DUEL- Dak vs. Xeth
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CHASE SABRE DUEL- Dak vs. Xeth

THE SET-UP: Both good and bad guys have split up to pursue various leads in the Galaxy. In this part of the story, the Light and Dark siders have come to the infamous world Nar Shadda, centre of Hutt space, searching for Kir Ascar (real name Mal Sannan), erstwhile powerful Force adept and, more importantly, the only man who knows trhe location of the Mausoleum the Dark Siders seek. He has come to Nar Shadda seeking refuge The Dark Siders come to get that information, the Jedi come to apprehend Ascar- whom they wants words with- and to stop the Dark Siders getting that information. The Dark Siders have met Ascar already, the Light Siders will soon catch up with him, but Kuylen's agents now come to kill their opponents. Catching them at the star port, the Dark Siders are outnumbered- but rather than delay their already overdue mission, the Jedi leave two of their number to fight, and the other two continue with the mission. In this fight, Geonosian Xeth fights big reptillian Arnian Dak. Interesting!

HOW THIS WORKS: GK's first fight so here is the reminder.

The duellists take it in turns to attack each other. The attacker describes his attack and then the defender describes his defence. One person will succeed- a decision I make based on the skill of the fighters, the quality and appropriateness of their post, and a small random factor.

The winner of the round scores a point, and then the attacker and defender swap places. Aside from taunts, no other moves can be made except the single move or countermove you make each round! If a round is drawn, the attacker wins

First to five points wins the duel, but like in tennis you must win by two clear points. The amount of points by which you win a duel dictates what happens to the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, more is losing a limb, a five point win kills your opponent outright. Regardless, you cannot pursue a defeated opponent no matter what; if you lose a duel (and survive) you can always escape.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee.

ANALYSIS: The weirdest fight yet; small, nimble, bug-like Xeth versus big, powerful, reptile Dak. The style contrast will be extreme. But, fast as Xeth may be, Dak is the better duellist. There is not a great deal in it, though, so your posting counts for much.

This is a time limited duel. Unlike other time limited duels, there is no limit on the rounds that can be fought. This game is ending soon. If the duel is not over by the time the game ends, it will be cut short.

Dak attacks and so goes first.

Score: Dak- 0, Xeth- 0

Dak to attack.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 16th, 2003 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 01:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I attack with one 'sabre ignited, slashing downward towards Xeth's face with my right blade.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 06:56 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth flips out his lightsaber quickly and holds it over his head, blocking easily. He parries away the blow and then nimbly jumps over the Arnian.

"Ah, an Arnian. Always such an angry species, intent on bringing honor to their name by killing the innocent..."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 10:59 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"You'll pay for that remark, insect. Striking down a Jedi will bring much honor, even if it is a piteous bug."

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 02:58 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Your sabres clash with your early exchange of blows complimenting your exchnage of words. But Xeth is having to expend more effort to stay mobile to avoid Dak's swordplay, giving Dak more time to think... Xeth knows he will have to take the initiative.

Round drawn. Goes with attacker.

Score: Dak- 1, Xeth- 0.

Xeth to attack.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 01:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth charges forwards and aims some swift blows for Dak's legs, but he then feints and tries to cut Dak in half up the middle.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 08:50 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I use my right 'sabre to block the low blows, then seeing his real plan, ignite my left to block the other blow.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 02:44 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Dak meets your blows evenly, Xeth. There is no question of you beating this being's strength to push aside his guard, and he seems to be meeting you for swordplay too! Soon he finds an opportunity to strike again between your blows...

Score: Dak- 2, Xeth- 0.

Dak to attack.

There is a loud rumbling noise as Arazi's nearby ship takes off... the blowback from the blast-off, even with hi-tech Star Wars engines, washes over all of you fighting here, causing the equivalent of a strong wind that could easily unbalance you...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 13th, 2003 at 04:41 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 02:34 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I feint a horizontal blow to Xeth's neck with my right 'sabre, then suddenly twist around and make a backwards stab behind my back at stomach level with my left. While twisting, I move into a position facing away from the ship, intending for the backwash to catch the Geonosian's wings when he faces me.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 02:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

BB - Apologies. Using the same 'puter as Rex here has it's disadvantages. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 12:09 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(Xeth's wings are basically gone, Dak. Nothing there to help me fly, only glide VERY small distances. Besides, they're under my robes.)

Xeth ducks easily under the Arnian's blow to his neck, and takes advantage of his small size to flip to the right. He continues flipping until he is behind the Arnian, also facing away from the ship.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 12:10 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm, the nippy bastard's mobility makes a bit of a mockery of your feints, Dak. Whilst not trying to meet your blows he gets easily out of your reach, and he makes his flip over you, ready to strike at your behind...

Score: Dak- 2, Xeth- 1

Xeth to attack.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 04:44 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth swings out his sonic blaster and aims shots at Dak's feet, and then switches to his lightsaber and leaps for the Arnian's back as he tries to dodge them, swinging for his mid-section or his spinal chord.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:04 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I jump to the side, flipping in midair to dodge the sonic wave as I swing my 'sabres back over my shoulders into a cross to protect my back.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:17 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As ever, it is very awkward to draw and use a gun in a sabre fight... Dak can dodge the shot easily and blocks Xeth's follow-up blows exactly as planned. He is hten at leisure to strike again.

Score: Dak- 3, Xeth- 1

Dak to attack

BtVS

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 12:29 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(Damn, I'm not doing so good. First fight where I'm by myself rather than with Mah or Gundy...)

Xeth hops back a little, trying to get away from Dak, but not run from him. He holds his lightsaber at the ready.

"You are powerful, Arnian. It is a shame that you could not see the Light when you discovered your powers."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 08:45 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"It is a shame you are too weak to realize your true potential, bug."

I run at him, batting aside his 'sabre with my right as I thrust with my left.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 03:32 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth throws himself backwards and into a roll, and then springs to his feet, leaping over Dak and behind him.

"Being bug, I am fast and agile. You are big and slow, but powerful. Come to the Light-Side, the Jedi will help you sift through your thoughts. It is a more peaceful life."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:15 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I am angered by such talk. I channel my anger, increasing my power within the Force.

"You pitiful fool. Why would I choose to lessen my power? To have a Jedi go through my mind? My thought are clear, you wretched weakling. Or perhaps I shall give up my power for peace, you say? I shall have peace when I slay you..."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 06:27 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Problem is, Dak, if he won;t meet your blade your strength is of no use as he simply nips out of your way... you feel your frustration and anger rising as Xeth avoids your blows and is ready to try and re-gain the initiative (which, ironically, is harder for him- looks like attacking is actually more difficult this battle than defending!)

Score: Dak- 3, Xeth- 2

Xeth to attack.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 12:47 AM