KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S GAME- Episode V Preview

USH'S GAME- Episode V Preview
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S GAME- Episode V Preview

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

“I didn’t know!” said Trorn, panting slightly as he struggled to keep up with the other man.

“So it seems,” said Mace Windu, with just a touch of irritation. He called out excuses as he raced through the corridors to the Council Chamber- vacant- and the communications suite there. “More’s the pity, though we cannot hold you accountable for that.” He started to programme the equipment in the centre of the room.

“I reported every update I received into the update log!” said Trorn, feeling pressured.

“Yes, but that log was being kept in the Supreme Chancellor’s office as well,” said Windu.

“Well… yes, I suppose it did…” says Trorn. “I am sorry, Master Windu. If I had known that these random atmospherics were going to cut off communications between yourself and the Chancellor’s Offices I would have reported to you personally!”

“I know,” says Mace, “but as it is we have not received a single message the Chancellor sent over the last three days. We were waiting for the Jedi to report to US but they all reported to his office instead and we never knew. We can only be thankful that Scovione told us; we may just be in time. Didn’t you sense anything wrong at all?” Trorn shrugged.

“I knew it was bad news that Kuylen was going for more Sith sites… but it is nothing we did not already know he was doing.”

“We didn’t know there was an Astrolabe involved!”

“I… I reported it all, that is…” Mace waved Trorn into silence.

“I know, it is not your fault. You could not have appreciated what it meant.”

“It means Kuylen is going to learn more of the Sith, surely.” Mace Windu closed his eyes and shook his head.

“The Order spent centuries ensuring that no-one would ever find that place,” says Windu.

“Why so much effort? Barely anyone ever found an Astrolabe with which to do it, and even the ones the Order found were broken.”

“Trorn,” said Mace, softly. He sighed. “Those Astrolabes were in perfect working order when the Jedi found them.” Trorn turned pale. “They were disabled on the orders of the Council. For there to be no doubt. Even for the Jedi. Now it may be too late.” Trorn could only stand and watch as Mace began sending his message.

“Master Kellan Gundark? I am speaking to you to give you a direct order from the Jedi Council. Abandon your mission immediately and return to Coruscant with ALL the Jedi under your command! We have been made aware that you believe that Kuylen has found the Mausoleum of Demnos and that you intend to pursue him to stop him. Master Gundark, I must make this very clear. Do not go to whatever co-ordinates you have received! Do you understand me? Do not go to that world! There must be no Jedi allowed to set foot on that planet under any circumstances! Abandon your pursuit of Kuylen immediately and return home to be briefed! The Council will decide what moves to take about the Kuylen situation. May the Force be with you, Master Gundark- and with us too, for this message to reach you in time.”

Trorn swallowed nervously.

“I thought it was Kuylen you were worried about?”

“I AM worried about Kuylen!” said Windu. “But if any Jedi reaches that world the situation can only become worse. I’ve routed that message through all Republican arrays… we can only hope that she is not already outside the Republican signal range… she has been heading a long way out.”

Shortly afterwards, Mace Windu visited Master Yoda in their sanctum, where Yoda meditated on one of the short flat chairs provided. Windu waited a few minutes before speaking.

“Well?” he asked. Yoda shook his head.

“Too late we are.”

“She is out of range?” Yoda changed to a small nod.

“Warned her we did. Listen, she did NOT. Now, much suffering I see. MUCH suffering…” Mace sat by Yoda.

“Can ANY good come of this now?” Yoda looked thoughtful.

“Hard to tell. Maybe. Little, we can do. In others now must we place our trust, and our hope.”

“Then we can only hope the Force is with Master Gundark,” said Windu. “Maybe we will see her again after all.”

-

Episode V is the conclusion of my first Star Wars story ‘arc’, or campaign, as role-players call them. One way or another this will finish the story of this attempt by Kuylen and his followers to harness the power of the supposedly extinct Sith, and the Jedi attempt to stop them. This will tie up every loose thread in the main plot from the first Episode onwards, for those of you who remember it- the first story began over two years ago now. This story will also involve your first direct contact with the legacy of the Sith since those of you lucky enough to experience the ‘wonders’ of Avalar, again in the first episode.

As I had warned in advance, this is a ‘closed’ story. The starting line-up is as many of you as there is ever going to be- no-one can join this story halfway through. You are all far from anyone else who may join you; the stakes are set in advance. Partly as a result of this, I will try and make this story as short as possible- hopefully finishing it by the end of the year, though I cannot guarantee it. The story is heavy on central plot but also simple and building up for the inevitable big finish.

This story is intended to be dramatic- and as such, there will be little margin for error and forgiveness. I warn all players that this is most definitely the most dangerous episode of them all; players can die with relative ease and I will do little to save them. This is especially true of duels- this is the final reckoning for some of you and the fights will be to the death, even if a competent duellist takes on a weaker one- I can only urge the weaker duellists to try and not be alone too often, if they fear defeat.

There is, however, some good news. For those of you frustrated by having to work quietly to hide from civilisation (for the Dark Siders) or by the rules and regulations of the Galaxy (for the Jedi) then neither problem applies in this story. Whilst you may be alone and isolated, you are also free and unbound, each of you in equally hostile unknown territory. That being the case, however, it is vital that you work as a team (or, in the Dark Siders case, at least in coherent factions!)

This game is not necessarily the last one that will be played in this whole setting; if the demand is there, then there is a second campaign that can be played afterwards which is less focussed but more expansive, filling the gap between TPM and AOTC (a third campaign set during the Clone Wars may be written in the future). Therefore you can, of course, be assured that nothing silly is gong to happen like the Galaxy blowing up or something. That said, there are two main ways in which this game can end. The first is total devastation. The second is considerable irritation! That is the choice destiny sets you, how it happens is up to you guys.

Tonight and during tomorrow I shall create the post-script threads for the just finished episode. Tomorrow night, Episode V- ‘Mausoleum’- will begin.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 24th, 2003 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 09:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Creepy...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 02:42 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Looks good. Far away from any help, and no holds barred...

Seems like a place for the Dark Side to prevail. evil face

And with duels to the death, this is looking like my kind of place...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 03:33 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

confused I'm scared. stick out tongue
Bring it on Ush. Let the fun begin.

What is this I don't even

Last edited by Kostabot on Sep 25th, 2003 at 04:29 AM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 04:26 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Can't wait, sounds very cool

BRING IT ON

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 09:03 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Cant wait!!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 09:12 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

This is going to kick major ass!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 09:18 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

remember MIB?
"They all are so excited about this and they don't even know what they are here for... I just think that's funny ... ... sir" stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 09:34 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 10:01 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I know what I'm here for! Kick some ass and get my ass kicked...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 11:46 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Scratch the last part, Baylin... stick out tongue

Well, looks like this is going to be one kick-ass game. smile

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 02:33 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

probably

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 02:42 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

major devastation or irritation...i'm not sure wich one i like erm..then again..if WE do the devastations evil face...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 07:52 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'll do some devastating, Ush. It's what I'm good at... stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 07:57 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

laughing out loud Isn't that the Dark-Side's strongpoint?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 03:21 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

whistle

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 04:48 AM
REXXXX
Networking

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 05:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

*reads the preview*

Ha, those Jedi are too slow... stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 05:08 AM
Baylin
Back in story!

Indeed, and the worst of it is we can rattle them as much as we like cos we're dark siders. If they start to bite back, well that leads down the dark path.... evil face

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 11:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

evil face

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 02:26 PM