KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » SABRE DUEL- Captain Rex vs. Lance Windu

SABRE DUEL- Captain Rex vs. Lance Windu
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

SABRE DUEL- Captain Rex vs. Lance Windu

THE SET-UP: The Dark Jedi, their plans blown open, have retreated to the excavated Sith Monastery on Avalar, determined to recover as much of the Archive- that can teach them the secrets of the Sith- as possible before they have to move on. The Jedi pursue them desperately down to Avalar.

Violent warrior Gald (Captain Rex) is almost over-eager to face the Jedi and plans to stop them getting even close to the others. Kuylen advises him to face the Jedi at the Mirror tests, where they will be disorientated. He plans to ambush one of the Knights, paired up with his violent friend whom he is trying to get Kuylen to accept.

Jedi warrior Lance Windu explored the Monastery, and has reached the mirror tests when the powerful Sith Mind Tricks strike both sides. WHile his colleagues are tested, Lance instead finds himself pitched into open battle witrh the waiting Rex- test enough as far as the mirrors are concenred. But Rex loses contact with his friend, and must duel alone.

HOW THIS WORKS: A reminder to those who have not seen this before.

Each round, one person attacks and the other defends. The attacker describes his attack, and then the defender describes his defence. Aside from taunts, these are the ONLY posts allowed. Taunts can be done at any time.

One person will win each round. This decision is decided by:

Quality of the post
Appropriateness of your move/countermove
Skill of the combatant
Random factor

The winner of a round scores a point. The first person to score five or more points AND have at least two more points than his opponent wins. The number of points by which you win dictates how badly you have hurt your opponent, from a superficial (but disabling) wound, to severed limbs, to outright death.

At the start of any round, a combatint can attempt to flee, which I will deal with at the time.

ANALYSIS: This fight is perfectly balanced. Lance and Gald are Light Side/Dark Side opposites- Swordsman vs. Corsair. Both are higgky competent warriors, both with a warrior's instinct, Lance's calm and focussed precision exactly matched by Gald's furious and dangerous anger.

The corridor they are both in is narrow and unpleasant to fight in; either one may soon want to move out to the entrance hall to the Monastery where far more interesting moves can be done.

Rex, as the aggressor you make the first move (though either of you can taunt).

Score: Gald- 0 Lance- 0. Gald to attack.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 9th, 2002 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2002 09:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

"Why do you fight with anger? I can feel it radiating off of your body. But if I must fight you I will."

Lance then ignites his lightsabre with the familiar snap-hiss that he is used to by now. He pulls it up and he is ready to defend.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2002 09:26 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"And I'm willing to fight, Master Jedi."
Gald ignites his two lightsabers with a vibrating noise. The green and red stand out in the darkness. "You may be a Master, but I'll soon be a Sith!"

Gald does a twirling spin, holding his lightsabers out to his sides, close to his sides. He skims the walls, making flashing sparks.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 01:16 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

(Quick note: My Character is a knight but not a Master, yet)

Lance holds his sabre at the ready.

"It looks as if you are one who has to defend himself way too much. Just look at all those blasters and sabres. But enough with this talk. Let's dance!"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 01:30 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gald stops spinning, and holds up a blaster. "If you wish. Waltz?" The he fires rapidly with a pulse cannon. The purple masses of energy fly with a humming/whistling sound.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 01:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Lance blocks as many as he can. Some he even manages to reflect back towards Gald.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 01:36 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(NOTE: Gun shots count for nothing against Jedi, Gald. Sooner or later you will have to launh a sabre attack. That will be your 'first' attack and the scoring will start from there)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 01:40 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

(yeah so hurry up. j/k)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 01:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Gald swings his sabers around him, deflecting all shots. He then locks his green saber on a throws it. He is ready to defend with his red one.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 05:10 AM
LanceWindu

Lance anticipates the sabre being thrown at him. He ducks out of the way as it skims across his chest. Lance then stands back up and starts to advance on the Dark Jedi. He also spreads his awareness out so as to feel the green sabre behind him. He doesn't want to have it flung deep into his back.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 04:14 PM
LanceWindu

Lance's first attack

Lance closes in on Gald. He does a cross-slash towards his midsection.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 05:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Gald blocks the slash by shoving his saber downward. The red and blue clash together, causing sparks to fly. Gald calls his green saber to his hand and readies to attack again. He holds his lightsaber like scissors. Gald reads something on the Jedi's lightsaber. "Ready to die Lance?"

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 06:13 PM
LanceWindu

(just to let you know the sabre that had my name on it was traded to yerssot. we did that to show our characters friendships)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 06:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh. Never mind then. I read your mind for a name.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 07:24 PM
yerssot

(people, I think you have to wait now, Ush hasn't given points to the attacks yet)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 07:26 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

(Don't worry, that's what I am waiting for)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 08:29 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Gald looks at Lance. "You think you're some hotshot, don't ya'? I've been plagued by the Jedi all my life: on Naboo, Hoth, my parents..." Gald feels the rage building up inside.

(Lets just do a few taunts until Ush gives out the points.)

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 09:46 PM
LanceWindu

"Did you say Hoth? That was where my master was slain. Now I know where I saw you before."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 09:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Ah, I remember you now, too. You shall meet the same fate as your master..." Gald runs at Lance and slashes forwards and down with his lightsabers.

Lance to attack.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2002 11:48 PM
LanceWindu

(Remember we have to wait for Ush)

Old Post Feb 10th, 2002 12:21 AM