KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » MAUSOLEUM END OF CAMPAIGN SABRE DUEL- Roan vs. Galder

MAUSOLEUM END OF CAMPAIGN SABRE DUEL- Roan vs. Galder
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

MAUSOLEUM END OF CAMPAIGN SABRE DUEL- Roan vs. Galder

THE SET-UP: The final confrontation of the plotline is now upon the players. On the remote, dying forgotten planet of Zeiton- battleground of the Sith Wars, and quarantined in secret milennia ago by the Jedi, lest the remarkably force sensitive Zeitonians tear themselves apart with knowledge of the Force that is so lethal to them- Kuylen has found his target, the Mausoleum of Demnos, where Darth Demnos once led his cult and, so the legend goes, sacrificed himself to become one with his tomb and teach future generations of the Sith. The truth of the legend, no-one yet knows.

Deep in the bowels of the Mausoleum, the huge double doors in the wide circular room that lead to Demnos' tomb are the final obstruction between the Dark Siders and the power they seek. These doors do not yield to any conventional means, but the tablets from, the planet Avalar Kuylen recovered in the first story have given him the means to open the doors by ritual.

Gundark's Jedi team has penetrated the Mausoleum at the final moments, and now she, and the Knight Roan and the Renegade Jedi Xeth, confront Kuylen, backed by Galder and Rah, at the entrance to the tomb.

As the Mausoleum starts its death throes due to Chion's activation of the nearby vengeance device, that threatens to wipe out all life on the planet, the final duels begin as the Jedi make one last attempt to stop Kuylen's seemingly unstoppable destiny.

HOW THIS WORKS: Well, everyone knows how to duel by now. But the stakes are now too high. There is no retreat from this duel. However, a loser will still be able to retreat as normal.

Another twist to this fight is that I will be inviting variable speeds, rather than making sure everyone has to duel at the same speed. Therefore, regularity of posting will make some duels faster than others!

ANALYSIS: Evens. Galder's youth and talent and flashy style versus Roan's concetration and professionalism. However, observers may give Galder- now well experienced in duelling- the metagaming edge...

Also, the pressure is more on Roan. Nearby, Gundark fights Kuylen- a fight she has little chance of winning. One of the Jedi needs to dispatch their opponent and aid their Master very quickly, or all is lost.

The Jedi have come to engage the Dark Siders, so they go first.

Score: Roan- 0, Galder- 0

Roan to attack.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 17th, 2004 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 03:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

(WHAT?! The Jedi go first!? That's breaking tradition, Ush. eek! )

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 09:53 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

stick out tongue

"You shall never succeed."
*I pull off my outer robe and drop it on the floor, then I jump and aim a spinning kick at Galder's head, While Ignighting my lightsaber*

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 10:02 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"You have never fought me. You do not know what you are up against."

Galder simply ducks, keeping one of his lightsabers above his head and swinging at Roan's leg with the other.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 12:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not your best timing, Galder. Roan's kick catches the hilt of your sabre, and you have to bring the other awkwardly across to maintain any form of defence...

Score: Roan- 1, Galder- 0

Galder to attack

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 19th, 2004 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 01:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As Roan lands, Galder rises with one lightsaber tucked into his secret compartment. He edges towards him cautiously.

"So you got the first blow. You will not get the last..."

Galder feints an easy blow for Roan's neck then spins and slashes for his side.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 12:24 AM
REXXXX
Networking

(My fourth duel in this episode, and eighth duel in this campaign! big grin )

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 12:25 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I feel that Galder is up to something with the obviously false Neck blow. Then when he spins adn slashes, I piviot and Turn my blade so It faces Downward to parry the blow.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 12:29 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Damn it, Galder, what is wrong? Roan read your blow like you were a child, and he sends you almost sprawling away with ease!

Score: Roan- 2, Galder- 0

Roan to attack

BtVS

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 02:26 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

((wow, you learned alot from all those duels...))

"You cannot win, I have the experience and Peace that you so obviously lack."

As Galder stumbles to keep his balance, I Charge at His Left side, trailing my saber behind me. The when I am just out of range of his saber, I leap into the air Bring my saber up from his left lower-midsection to the upper right side of his body, slashing across his chest.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 10:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder rolls forwards and under Roan as he comse down.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 11:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oooh... I think you made him mad, Roan... you are surprised when your sabre hits nothing- Galder moved so fast, it was almost as if he teleported. Now instead he is standing behind you, smiling...

Score: Roan- 2, Galder- 1

Galder to attack

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 04:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder grins. "You missed."

Using both blades skillfully, he aims a scissor-like strike at Roan's back, bringing his lightsabers across Roan's back aiming to cut him in two.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 10:42 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Hmm, a chalenge, It has been some time..."
Opening up to the force to sence Glader's strike, I dive forward, doing a half-roll to a front handspring twisting around again to face Galder.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 11:58 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hmm, the old Galder scissor strike- but it seems Roan's athleticism is the superior of that attack, he avoids it easily and regains his advantage.

Score: Roan- 3, Galder- 1

Roan to attack

The room shakes with a discharge of power from the Vengeance device, and a great crack suddenly forms througfh the centre of the room...

The Mausoleum is starting to shake to pieces.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 24th, 2004 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 11:48 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Great...

Galder begins to get angry. "Bring it on Jedi! Give me your best shot!"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 04:30 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I Smile "Don't mind if I do."
I come at Galder so it looks like the move I just pulled, but instead of jumping a make to side step across Galder's front slashing at
his weak side, but just before I slash/sidestep, I stop, and move quickly back, turn my saber horizontal and stab at Galder's side.

(Got that? Fake side-step, to a jab)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 10:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Using both blades, Galder bats away Roan's jab and tries to lock blades so that he can twist his opponent's lightsaber around until his grip on it loosens.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 12:14 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oooh! Your instincts serve you well, Galder. THis time it is you who completely predicts Roan's attack. Roan, you get stuck in a lock of sabres with Galder... and he knocks you back with a roar of effort, as you stumble over a crack in the ground.

Score: Roan- 3, Galder- 2

Galder to attack

Debris starts to rain down from the ceiling.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 11:57 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder takes advantage of Roan's stumbling and comes at him with a strong slash for the midrift and a jab for the kneecap, then rises with a powerful kick to the chest.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2004 12:00 AM