KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Light Side split discussion

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Light Side split discussion
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Light Side split discussion

This does not have to be resolved until Episode II starts, so there is a bit of time to talk it over thoroughly.

This has been proposed elsewhere, so I will cut to the chase here.

The idea is to split the Light Side thread in future in two, to have one Jedi thread and one Renegade thread.

The major points are as follows:

1. There are a lot of Light Side players now, and they are fol,lowing multiple plot lines; I have had some comments that this can get confusing inside the same thread. As some plotlines are designed entirely for Renegade play, and as there are now enough Renegades to make it viable, Renegade plot elements can be seperated into their own thread.

2. IF this happens, it causes a plot change, Rather than a loose group of Renegade friends who help out the Jedi with missions and sometimes receive information from their contacts, if this goes ahead the Renegades will be working independantly, following the pattern that Xeth's contact discussed at the start of Episode II. The Renegades will have spent the time between games setting themselves up as a PI agency, funded by the Taloraanians and whatever other contacts they can find, now triyng to win justice in a more organised manner, inside the cracks the Jedi cannot get to.

3. It won't be for every game. In fact, it might even only be for one story, though as that will take two episodes it will be for a long time! But it will always remain a theoretical option

4. The split won't be absolutely sharp- because the Jedi will find themselves helping the Renegades much as the Renegades are currently helping the Jedi. This is because the game has not been designed with THREE seperate campaigns, only two, Light and Dark. There is a strong Renegade ethic IN the Light Side campaign that the Renegades explore, but it's not actually its own story, and the Jedi don't get shut out of it. However, it will mean in these missions it will be the Jedi feeling like the guests.

All in all, then, this achieves several things- it allows the Renegades to feel like less of a lunatic fringe and explore their way more thoroughly, and it removes the congestion of one thread.

On the other hand, people might not want the story broken up like that... and it can only las as long as sufficient Renegade players do.

So, what do people thing?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 20th, 2005 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I fully endorse it! Xeth would like to do a bit of leading and explorer a darker part of the Galaxy, like Nar Shaddaa again, even though I hate that place! big grin

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 10:57 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

One thing I should point out is that the Renegade plotline will involve more 'direct' action. That's not odd if you think about it, because obviously the Renegades are not in a position to do Diplomatic missions, unless they were doing them for the Jedi as Qui-Gon did, in which case it would appear in the Jedi thread...

... um, so yeah, the missions in the Renegade thread require a 'solid' touch.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

They require a solid blast or slash?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:14 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Possibly either.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:16 PM
The Rover

This would actually make more sense.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 11:30 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

I'd like it.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:44 AM
Delfedd is currently offline Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So, when does Galder get to split and make the Galder storyline? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:58 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

When hell freezes over....stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:03 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

(nice... Your coming well on your Galder insulting my young padawan...)

I'm for it....
Means less of the dynamic Trio (Roan, Marcus and Xeth) but its all good..

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:14 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Very true...

However, it'd make Xeth more grateful for their help in the future. He's always said that he likes working away from the Order, I think it's time he proves it. yes

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:53 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher might try to tag along just to experience the Galaxy. yes

If not, still good. big grin

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:47 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Sure, if the renegades want to do that. Just make sure the split happens decently (I trust you will), I wouldn't like to see half the jedi leave with the renegades.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 07:13 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Thst depends what missions the Jedi take. They can't just choose to not work for the Council any more.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 10:41 AM
jaybee3
Lorn

Ethnic cleansing missions? I would partake in

Click the Sig to see more art by me, thanks in advance - Jaybee3

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 11:56 AM
jaybee3 is currently offline Click here to Send jaybee3 a Private Message Find more posts by jaybee3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm sure it said 'Light Side' on your application form...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 11:59 AM
jaybee3
Lorn

hehe yeah :P

Click the Sig to see more art by me, thanks in advance - Jaybee3

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:18 PM
jaybee3 is currently offline Click here to Send jaybee3 a Private Message Find more posts by jaybee3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ghetto Goblin
Elder Member

I am sorta confused. I wanna be a sith assassin. Where to go?

...Tomorrow could be the best day of your life...

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:51 AM
Ghetto Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Ghetto Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Ghetto Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Eh...no Sith Assassins this game, unfortunately.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:11 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Go to the Character Creation thread, study up on what you can be, and create your character. wink

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:12 AM