KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » REX'S STAR WARS GAME- Retrospection

REX'S STAR WARS GAME- Retrospection
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Rex's Star Wars Game- Retrospection

As all of you know, Ushgarak has been providing KMC with non-stop roleplaying action in that far away Galaxy known as the Star Wars Universe. He has introduced several highly-developed characters (ranging from the charismatic and deadly Larios Kuylen to the lovably oafish Vasilik) and a variety of horrible twists that keep us coming back for more. Out of his games we've spawned highly-developed characters of our own and formed friendships (and rivalries!).

However, we've run out of plot. Before we play the games, Ush and his brother, Brith, painstaking write the story up before putting themselves through it. They've been doing that for over six years. How they do it, I have no idea. But they, like us, are only human. If we expected them to lock themselves in a dark room with tons of paper and dice until the games were finished, we'd only be half-right.

Because Ush and Brith aren't super-computers that jot down roleplaying plots at every second of the day, we'd be getting a very half-baked Episode IV for the Prequel Trilogy Era, and there is no Episode II for the Original Trilogy Era as of yet.

And so, in the vein of Ushgarak's Prince of Persia games on Lana's board, I proposed to host a series of shorter games to get an in-depth look at each of the characters that we've been playing for years. They all have a story to tell.

Please voice your interest if you wish to participate. Ush has allowed me to offer a small prize at the end of each game which will carry over into his games.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:02 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

IN ACTION

"A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away..."

Listed here are stories in the process of being reflected upon.

HOME- Roan Trilanger :: Tptmanno1 - 2/7/08

HEROES OF OLD - Gallador Enkidu :: Lord Melkor - 1/24/12

THEFT AT THE ELECTRIC COURT - Gallagher Faust :: Alkaselzer - 2/28/12

DIPLOMACY - Jelena Bendu, Jovan Wiecko :: Brit, Jovan - 2/28/12

TEACHINGS OF THE SHAMAN - Azarl Kaal :: Hereticaldruid - 2/14/12

LIFE DEBT - Vera-Kin :: Vera21 - 6/14/11

GUNRUNNER - Nume Rand :: General Zink - 6/4/11

RESPITE- Xeth Tam, Vera-Kin, Tilulla Ryn :: Bespin Bart, Vera21, Digi - 6/17/10

-

INACTIVE

"For the Jedi it is time to eat as well."

Listed here are stories that are still ongoing but have been left idle for one reason or another.

THE CURSED SWARM- Iffa Na'Worru :: Mithlond - 2/28/10

COLD WAR- Dak Kaliero, "Wraith" :: General Kaliero, General Zink - 11/29/07

RIVALRY- Relle Novalinde, Con Gordo :: b1plusb2, Bardock42 - 3/5/11

THE GREAT COMPETITION - Krylor Xan'ti :: Samurai4Hire - 5/15/11

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON - Galder Starkiller :: Rex - 4/13/11

SKIES OVER FRANTIA- Jonn Thrain Daisuke :: beeblebrox - 2/13/11

LOST, CONFUSED- Edana Vashti :: Edna Witch - 2/13/11

VIRUS- Rylis Tavel, Rhys Kyril :: Peach, General Kaliero - 3/16/10

EXECUTION- Commander Janthis :: Newjak - 2/2/10

THIEF- Haron Silverfeet :: magicturtle - 1/31/10

PUPPETS- Tanic Starguard :: Trickster - 12/25/07

-

PLANNED

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

Coming soon...

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 12th, 2015 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:13 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

ARCHIVES

"It's not a story the Jedi would tell you..."

Listed here are stories that have been completed by their players, in orer of completion. Feel free to browse their events!

-

PT

TRIALS- Xavier Kolarn :: Newjak - 12/3/07 to 7/22/08

LEARNER- Rianna Xi :: Peach - 6/27/08 to 1/7/09

DECAY- Con Gordo :: Bardock42 - 10/11/08 to 3/28/09

RESCUE- Rianna Xi, Dak Kaliero, Xavier Kolarn :: Peach, General Kaliero, Newjak - 12/19/08 to 7/2/09

RUNAWAY- Xavier Kolarn :: Newjak - 8/1/08 to 9/23/09

LIBERATOR- Wentar Reiua :: Craft - 7/10/09 to 2/18/10

BROKEN- Rianna Xi :: Peach - 8/10/09 to 2/26/10

DESCENT- Con Gordo :: Bardock - 3/31/09 to 10/1/10

THE COUNCIL OF TANESHLA- Rianna Xi :: Lana - 9/9/10 to 2/12/11

DESECRATION- Galder Starkiller :: Rex - 9/28/10 to 2/23/11

SONG OF REMEMBRANCE- Toolok Rah :: Baylin - 7/17/10 to 11/3/11

CITY IN THE CLOUDS - Rianna Xi :: Lana - 6/4/11 to 2/7/12

THE WHITE TOWER OF HALLOY- Denzral Vassisk :: Jedireaper - 3/18/10 to 2/21/12

CHAINS- Wentar Reiua, Vlad Shafran :: Craft, Spidervlad - 2/22/10 to 3/20/12

HOLOCRON- Rianna Xi, Dak Kaliero, Xavier Kolarn :: Lana, General Kaliero, Newjak - 2/11/11 to 6/10/15

OT

THE HUNTER & THE HUNTED- Rylis Tavel, Kyle Ragnor, Eerin Chim :: Peach, Jazzman78, Bespin Bart - 12/2/07 to 8/12/08

BROTHERS- Melkor Esgabath :: Lord Melkor - 12/25/07 to 9/26/11

-

POST-SCRIPTS

COMING SOON...

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 10th, 2015 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:14 AM
REXXXX
Networking

RULES

For the purposes of gameplay, we will be using the newest dice system that Ushgarak has running with his games, dubbed the 'Lego' system due to its intended simple-to-use nature.

UPDATE- Ush has updated the rules to account for new changes, and this is what we'll be using.

Link:

STAR WARS- Main Rules 2009 (Updated!)

Last edited by REXXXX on Feb 4th, 2010 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:14 AM
REXXXX
Networking

REWARDS

Playing Retrospection mini-games is all fun and games, but everyone knows the real reason you try hard to complete games... experience points! As part of Ush's mythos, he has deemed it allowable to dole out xp for completed Retro games.

COMPLETED GAME = 2xp

A small reward, but every point counts!

However, I do not want the Retrospection games to be abused as a source of experience. If one of Ush's episodes is worth a Blade Schtick or two Force Powers- a total of 12xp- then that is the limit of what you can earn from playing.

EARNING LIMIT = 12xp

Xp earned can also only be spent on the character you earned it with. If you played a PT character, for example, you cannot spend it on an OT character!

-

TROPHY ROOM

Here is a record of who has been rewarded experience points

PT

Rianna Xi- 12xp

Xavier Kolarn- 8xp

Con Gordo- 4xp

Galder Starkiller- 4xp

Wentar Reiua- 4xp

Dak Kaliero- 4xp

Vera-Kin- 2xp

Toolok Rah- 2xp

Denzral Vassisk- 2xp

OT

Rylis Tavel- 2xp

Kyle Ragnor- 2xp

Eerin Chim- 2xp

Melkor Esgabath- 2xp

If this is incorrect, or if your character is not listed and they should be, let me know.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 10th, 2015 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:18 AM
Lord Melkor

Well, as I mentioned, this is great idea, and I am happy to go with it.

I wonder why Zink is playing Wraith, though, not Rand.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 12:15 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You went for the least descriptive description possible there, didn't you stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 04:17 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Man I can not wait for this eek!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 04:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Me neither, this'll be fun and a good way to keep up Star Wars while waiting for PT to be ready.

Hey, Rex, remember, there's gotta be a Psycho Brigade one at some point stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 04:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Me neither, this'll be fun and a good way to keep up Star Wars while waiting for PT to be ready.

Hey, Rex, remember, there's gotta be a Psycho Brigade one at some point stick out tongue
Yes PB taking people down big grin

And I love this because this gets me a chance to get some more character development for Xavier for the next game.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 04:42 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I'd like to express my interest here too.

Looks good.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:24 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Also demanding a Psycho Brigade game. It'll be fun, insane, and amusingly violent all at the same time! eek!

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:36 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Four-fourths of the Psycho Brigade agree that a Psycho Brigade story is needed.

Trickster, who would you like to play? Tanic Starguard or Lyle Crett?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 11:23 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

If you feel up to a Roan Trilanger game...
But no pressure.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 01:07 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No problem.

Also, Ush, if you wanted to participate, I would be glad to write up something for you. I can't guarantee the craftsmanship that you put into your games, of course.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 01:42 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Whichever you feel would work best with your existing stories, Rex, though I'd like to get back to Tanic soon (and it seems to be that the jedi vibe is going strong so far).

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 03:21 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

We'll go with Tanic, then.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 05:22 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
No problem.

Also, Ush, if you wanted to participate, I would be glad to write up something for you. I can't guarantee the craftsmanship that you put into your games, of course.

Seconded! I was thinking it might be a treat for us and a break for Ush. (thik how confusing that sentence would sound if said by a drunk person...) Anyway, it'd be cool to see the Player side of Ush, even if it were just small cameos. Maybe even Brith too, since he has an even more-behind-the-scenes roll in all this.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 05:12 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I absolutely agree. If Ush and Brith can take the time to play, it'd be great to see them making the idiotic mistakes for once. big grin

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 06:34 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Fourthing that idea big grin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 07:58 PM