KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RETROSPECTION- Xavier vs. Friste

RETROSPECTION- Xavier vs. Friste
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

RETROSPECTION- Xavier vs. Friste

THE SET-UP: Having been assigned to rescue the daughter of Senator Wojaine from the clutches of the evil Pirate Lord Svidrigailov, Xavier has gone above and beyond the call of duty... and completely massacred the pirate forces with an instigated slave rebellion in a pivotal battle above the colony world of Varloucant. But he had a secondary mission: discover the fate of Friste Tem, a fellow Jedi. As it turns out, Friste joined the pirates and has fallen to the Dark Side. Having just defeated Ko Cabas, Xavier's Master, the young Jedi is out for revenge...

HOW THIS WORKS: This will be Xavier's first fight, so I will go over things for him.

The duellists take turns to attack each other. The attacker and the defender each describes their attack or defense respectively. The winner of the round is decided by four things- the Lightsaber skill of the fighters, the style they are fighting with, how their moves play off of each other, and a small random factor known as the competency bonus. As I control Friste, I will determine how he goes about his actions.

The winner of a round scores a single point, followed by the attacker and defender switching places. Only one move or countermove can be made per round (excluding taunting, do that as much as you please). If the round is a draw, the attacker wins.

The victor of the duel is the first person to make it to five points, but it must be a win by two clear points over your opponent. The amount of points you win by dictates the fate of the loser- a two point loss is a superficial wound, a three point loss is a lost limb, a four point loss is multiple lost limbs or a crippling injury, and a five point loss is an outright kill. If you lose the duel by survive, you can always escape without being re-engaged.

At the start of any round, either combatant may try to flee. In fleeing, the duel carries on as normal, but whomever makes it to two points first, winning by one clear point, determines the success of the endeavour. If the person running away wins, they escape. If not, they don't.

ANALYSIS: The two combatants- the Dark Jedi Friste and the Padawan Xavier- are evenly matched as far as skills with a lightsaber goes, though it comes naturally to Xavier; Friste has trained hard his entire life. However, the battle prior to this duel has worn Xavier down and he is fighting with a point of impairment. On top of this, Friste is an athletic man with great pride in his well-honed physique. This could lend him an advantage.

The arena, the bridge of the pirate ship, is open and spacious, though littered with the carnage and debris of battle.

Xavier, moving to engage the Dark Jedi that has defeated his Master, finds himself on the offensive...

Score:

Xavier- 0, Friste- 0.

Xavier to attack, Friste to defend.

Friste turns toward you as you move to engage him, holding his lightsabers out before him defensively. He says nothing, only smiles.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 01:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier returns Friste's silence but with his cold demeanor instead of a smile.

He doesn't give Friste an opportunity to get the first blow in. He raises his Saber above his head, lunging at Friste he performs a fluid strike down across his chest.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 09:04 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Rather than perform some flashy acrobatic maneuver, Friste solidly holds his ground. He crosses his blades together and catches your sword, then pushes against you with great force. You stumble back.

Score: Xavier- 0, Friste- 1.

Friste to attack, Xavier to defend.

Capitalizing on your fumble, Friste maneuvers about to your right side and performs a spinning blow, swiping with his blades outstretched towards your hip.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 09:50 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier stumbling back regains his footing, he brings his saber back up in front of his body to move the the blows away with an elegant parry.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 09:55 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Regaining your footing, you unexpectedly provide an excellent parry against Friste's flashy maneuver. You fend off the attack and the next few that follow it, your lightsabers crashing together lightly with every movement. But Friste withdraws to the defensive.

Score: Xavier- 1, Friste- 1.

"You seem to have finally picked up on your Master's training," Friste comments. "Too bad it failed him, just as it will fail you..."

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 09:58 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier brings his Saber back into the classic dueling position of the Jedi. Saber over head straight. He takes a step bringing the sword into a thrust aiming for Friste's belly.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 10:04 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Your opponent, despite his words, adopts a defensive stance of a classic style himself! He parries your thrust with one lightsaber, keeping the other back. The parries and thrusts go back and forth, evenly matched.

Round draw, goes with attacker.

Score: Xavier- 2, Friste- 1.

Friste tires of the parrying war and presses himself into your space, shunting your lightsaber to the side with one lightsaber, lifting the other up and bringing it down in a hard slash across your shoulder.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 10:11 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier watches Friste begins to attack.

"Not only have I picked up my Master training I have added things myself to it."

With that Xavier with feign a defensive parry to right, but instead will duck underneath the attack rolling to his left. He comes up to the side of Friste.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 10:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Acrobatics are just not your forte, Xavier. Commiting to the evasive roll keeps you clear of the fierce blow, but Friste launches a backwards kick that catches you out and sends you sprawling. You quickly regain your feet to keep up with him.

Score: Xavier- 2, Friste- 2.

"Apparently not enough," Friste taunts. "I thought you were worthy of being my rival, Xavier. Prove to me that you are!"

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 10:24 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier hears Friste's words and gains his footing once more and brings his Saber down at Friste's neck with much power behind it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 26th, 2008 10:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Friste is ready for this one. Despite the strength you put into your swing, your injury has made you slow. The Dark Jedi slips to one side, letting your lightsaber clash with one of his blades while he brings the other up and slams the pommel of his weapon into your nose, breaking it. He follows up with a swipe, but you have stepped back to regain your composure.

Score: Xavier- 2, Friste- 3.

"For shame, Xavier. I ask so little of you..."

This time, Friste lifts himself up into the air and kicks a foot into the end of the banquet table, launching himself into the air and flipping over you. As he glides through the air, he flicks his lightsabers downward toward your skull...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 05:52 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier tastes the blood running from his nose. His mind has become focused again. It is Xavier Kolarn in control now

"And I ask too much from you..."

With that Xavier will his light Saber to redirect Friste's attack. Then pushing it down to one side.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 03:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It is no use. This time, Friste outmaneuvers you, his flip carrying him at an odd angle for you to defend from. You almost lose your balance in the effort to redirect his strike.

Score: Xavier-2, Friste- 4.

Xavier to attack, Friste to defend. Match point to Friste.

Friste lands and turns to face you, already positioning his lightsabers into a firm guard.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 05:25 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier sees Friste get into firm stance.

You've been riuning this for us, so do not hold do not stop. He is yours to beat, he is yours to destroy. Now let me do IT!

The voice inside Xavier's head is loud and firm, and it drives him forward. He rotates the saber in his hand bringing it over head. Xavier drives forward looking to break Friste's stance.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 11:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You bring down your lightsaber in a mighty strike, but Friste's block is mightier. Holding his ground, he swings upwards with one lightsaber to intercept yours. While you knock his blade down, it takes the brunt of your attack and stalls it, leaving you unsteady.

With you unbalanced and your attack weakened, it is a simple thing for Friste to drag his other lightsaber across the front of your thighs, the blade burning through your muscles and causing you to collapse to the ground.

Score: Xavier- 2, Friste- 5.

Match to Friste.

You may now return to the game thread...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2008 11:46 PM