KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- 'New Blood' (prequel for new players)

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- 'New Blood' (prequel for new players)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (65): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- 'New Blood' (prequel for new players)

Time passes, even in Star Wars.

Starting soon are the new episodes of the Second Campaign, with the retuen of many of our old heroes. But all of them were young heroes once. Some have gone and some have stayed; people come and go. The game depends on it.

And so now new players are coming in (some of whom, let's face it, were pretty young when this game first started...). The problem for many of these whippersnappers is that they are joining in stories that are all at a cliffhanger stage. Even in the best of cases, that can be tricky to adjust to, but then there are rules to get used to as well, and the play style, and the play group...

Hence this mini-episode, entirely designed for new players. Plot-wise, this story details the very tail end of what the new p;layers were up to during the previous episode, and subsequently their integration into the next.

Whilst this is an exercise in role-playing, it is not the full game. We won't be using the rules system. This is for several reasons- first, I need as much time as possible for that system to be tested off-line before it gets used around here. Secondly, when we DO start using it around here, it should be with as many people as possible, not just a small number. Thirdly, chucking new players into a brand new rules system is not very helpful towards a sensible introduction.

Which is not to say your character design is irrelevant; I'll be running the game by fait (GM decision on the spot) based upon your character's abilities, which is something workable on a small scale (but no bloody good when you want a decent face-off between two named characters, not to mention two PLAYERS...).

What I am looking for here from each of you is the following:

- Your role-playing. If we run into issues or anyone needs to adjust to the style, this is the place to do it; better here than in the full gane.

- An idea about your character.. Whilst I have your bios and your sheets, the only way to really fund out about your characters is in play; if I have an idea of that it can help you integrate into the game better.

- Integration with the team. Possibly the most important part of all this. Becoming a part of your relevant play group is exceptionally important; role-playing is primarily a social activity at the end of the day.

That last part may appear difficult, as the rest of the team isn't present. Well, they may not be literally present, but they will be there in spirit! It will be the job of the other players to act as your invisible guides, advising you on what to do in the situations you find yourself in, a capacity I want them to fill both as in giving their personal opinion, and also to get you into the spirit of the team. If a new Jedi player is starting to break the law in the prsuit of his goals, it's the job of the present Jedi players to remind him he could be expelled form the Order for that. Whilst it is up to the Dark Side players to guide their new recruits along the path of the delicate balance betwen not taking any crap, but also not being so blatantly stupid as to make things much worse.

-----

In the Constellation of Altamira, at the far edge of the Republic, the final statges in a Senatorial programme to restore civilian order and law is coming to an end. The equivalent of the Third World in the Republic, combinations of famine, disease and petty local dictators have bought great suffering to the local people. The latest aid package from the Senate should be the final act- but a strike organised by representatives of the Miner's Guild has brought things to a staggering halt. The Jedi Council has agreed to help in negotiation, but as the final night of talks begin, it is terrorist activity that has suddenly begun to dominate the proceeings...

Out in one of the spiral arms, a five year programme to evict the natives of Calhoun from their homes in order to turn the whole planet into a farm to exploit the delciate local wildlife is in progress. When rights activists from the Republic managed to halt the legal process on the grounds of the inherent rights of the current land owners, those wanting the eviction start to employ kill teams to 'encourage' the natives to move out of their own accord. But nothing can be doine about these kill teams because they do not officially exist; anyone trying to gather evidence is killed, and local authorities ignore the issue... because they are all in the pay of the Golden Serpent, the ultimate moneymakers behind the scheme. With the authorities bought off, not even the Jedi can be brought in. All the activists need is first hand evidence of the teams in action- and in desperation, they have found some private detectives to do the work for them.- detectives who all happen to be ex-Jedi...

On the long forgotten world of Epireus, the local life forms are restless. On one of the high mountains live their local overlords, the errant Dark Siders who force the Epireans to do their bidding, with their deadly laser swords and mysterious, sorcerous-like powers. Though strong beings, the primitive Epireans find it hard to resist.

Yet some have. The Epirean Warlord Ogros has launched a rebellion to free his people from the Dark Side rule. The complicity of the Epireans is vital to the security of ther Dark Siders; this threat canot be tolerated. Nor can the Epireans simply be massacred; they are too necessary as a slave force. Some of the Dark Siders are dispatched to 'settle' the issue- to convince, by whatever means are needed, some of the local leaders that co-operation is the best way forwards... and to demonstrate to Ogros, and everyone else, that resistance has its price...

---

This isn't starting right now, but soon; feel free to ask any questions here. I will post starting posts when it is time!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 27th, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 10:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

This sounds interesting... So the Jedi will be playing the role of negiotiaters

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 10:11 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

is this a sort of exam? like, you wrote 3 pointers to pay attention to, so if you do them not good, will you reject that person in playing the real game?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 11:06 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not as such, but if this isn't the type of game for you, it should become clear.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 11:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Looks like fun. The fate of a planet rests on the shoulders of Renegades, fun times.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:35 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I got tha boring polit' job sad

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:42 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jedireaper

With terrorists to make it less boring.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 09:53 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

if it gets too boring, why not kill some innocents stick out tongue

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 10:21 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

"I am a Jedi, my morals wouldn't allow such an act. It would be against my nature. A Jedi does not crave adventure, nor does he crave fighting, though that doesn't stop us from having fun while fighting." big grin laughing out loud Yea terroists are better... What have I let myself in for by picking a Jedi, I only choose it because I knew not many ppl would. :/

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 10:58 AM
Unbias3d
Paradox

*sighs* let's just get this over with.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 02:05 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Nobody employs kill teams to evict an entire populice on Sean Tiberius Farak's watch!

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 03:12 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Originally posted by Mando' Ade
Agree's.... so how does this work Rp wise?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 10:27 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, you'll see when Ush starts it...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 10:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Jedireaper

Originally posted by Mando' Ade

Not quite the attitude I would take in when playing these games. Being a diplomat is all part of the job for a Jedi Knight, and the Renegade mission actually sounds very interesting to me.

Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Nobody employs kill teams to evict an entire populice on Sean Tiberius Farak's watch!

Now that's more like it. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 25th, 2008 11:49 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

"Nor can the Epireans simply be massacred; they are too necessary as a slave force."

This just means we can't kill them all, right? We can still torture, hurt and destroy some of them in hilarious and worthwhile ways, right?

Right?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 12:14 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Re: USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- 'New Blood' (prequel for new players)

Originally posted by Ushgarak
In the Constellation of Altamira, at the far edge of the Republic, the final statges in a Senatorial programme to restore civilian order and law is coming to an end. The equivalent of the Third World in the Republic, combinations of famine, disease and petty local dictators have bought great suffering to the local people. The latest aid package from the Senate should be the final act- but a strike organised by representatives of the Miner's Guild has brought things to a staggering halt. The Jedi Council has agreed to help in negotiation, but as the final night of talks begin, it is terrorist activity that has suddenly begun to dominate the proceeings...

No Terrorist is going to upset proceedings with Denz on the case. Justice will be brought upon the anyone who upsets the balence of law! (Semper Fi!)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 12:22 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Bardock42
"Nor can the Epireans simply be massacred; they are too necessary as a slave force."

This just means we can't kill them all, right? We can still torture, hurt and destroy some of them in hilarious and worthwhile ways, right?

Right?

Starting to get an idea about how you want to handle this one...

BtVS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 12:32 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Haaa!

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 12:44 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Starting to get an idea about how you want to handle this one...
It seems to be the most straight forward way.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 01:38 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Bardock42
It seems to be the most straight forward way.

You just might fit in here.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 01:49 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote