KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- New Episodes starting 2009

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- New Episodes starting 2009
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- New Episodes starting 2009

Hello!

Apologies for the not-quite-as-smooth-as-I-would-have-liked current state of the Star Wars game. Aisde from the obvious imbaalnce of game playing times, the other issue is that off-line production for material has been slower than planned, due to competition from other games.

Still, with the second of the three games coming to its conclusion, and the other... well, it's progresisng as fast as it can, and it is over halfway through, and we'll try our best to wrap it up as soon as is practical... it;s time to lom ahead to where we care going. I am reasonably- though not absolutely- confident that we'll get enough material together ot keep things moving forward come the time.

Incidentally, the new games will form a time avdancement in the PT plot, as we get ever closer to the beginning of the Clone Wars. The new games take place almost exactly halfway between The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, as you players grow older, wiser and more beardy.

Both Light and Dark Side have been busy in their downtime. The Dark Siders have been scrambling for new transponders for their ships, for news of the possibly-alive Kuylen, and for anyhting they can get on the mythical Syphar n Kalar, the supposed ancient weapon of the ancient Sith that... no-one is entirely sure about what (or who) it was and what it did and why they never used it again, even if it did exist which seems doubtful.

For the Light Siders, Jedi and Renegade have come together again in a joint operation to destroy a pirate clan. Their year has been spent carefully infiltrating, charting the progress off ahd plotting the (legal) destruction of the entire pirate striking force in one go. The Renegades made good allies for the Jedi in such an operation, able to impersonate scoundrels rather well. As the next story begins, the final sting in the operation is about to begin.

---

The Planet Beyond

When a major Jedi operation is nearly ruined by an unexpected intervention, the Council orders a team to act to stop this happening again. The only problem is that the Jedi have no idea who or where their opponents are. Indeed, no-one at all does.

Except... Just one lead has been provided for them, though the lead is so tenuous and risky that the Council is split on its use. That lead brings the Jedi out beyond the reaches of the Republic, to a world where it seems no Jedi has set foot on before.

Far from home, without the resources of the Republic or their normal authority behind them, the Jedi must bring their survival skills to the foremost as they struggle to discover the secret the Council needs.

This story sees the Jedi and Renegades united again. And when the Jedi see that the world they have come to was once a civilised planet many ages ago, it seems the call to the past that once haunted the Light Side in the first campaign has come calling again.

---

The Prisoner of Datura

Is it true? Is Kuylen really alive?

The transmission the Dark Siders intercepted tells them that Kuylen is a prisoner in the Treganna Void, home to an empire of pirates and buccaneers, ruled by terror, violence and slavery. Galder feels the pull of destiny beckoning him to his old Master... but is he thinking clearly? Perhaps the others want access to him just for the genetic sample they need from Kuylen to unlock their best clue on the Syphar n Kalar.

The problem is, Kuylen is being allegedly held on the prison planet Datura. This is a prison with no guards, and no walls. Yet no-one has ever escaped this prison, and everyone sent there has died. And there is no way in for outsiders.

Still, the annoucement of Kuylen's survival has drawn attention from other sources as well, ans soon the Dark Siders have other encouragements to act, and even a means. But can they really go through with what is needed? Can they live without their lightsabres? And can they survive in an environment as harsh and vile as anything ever seen on the Dark Side so far...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 7th, 2009 at 09:36 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No lightsabers? Holy hell. As long as Galder gets to keep his arm-blaster and his knife-hand, he might be okay with that. But, in the mean time, YES. Can't wait!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:47 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Can they live without their lightsabres?

I still very much am grrrr about no lightsabers. As that's what Rianna's best at. At least this appears to be something where sneaking around will be very useful...

Also, I want to play.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Can't wait.

And of course Con can live without his sabre, he is a man of considerable talents after all.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 07:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I'm guessing the Adventurer types will actually be doing pretty well for themselves in the next game, for both sides.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:27 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

While us violent nutjobs are...well, a fair bit more useless than usual.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:28 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Then again, it is a prison world from the sound of it. It just might end up that Datura is something like the prison universe from the end of Jet Li's The One, where he fights all the other prisoners. Except instead of Jet Li, it's the Psycho Brigade.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:33 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I notice only Darksiders are super excited.

Must be the long wait we had.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 08:11 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Well, we didn't have any authority as Jedi after I was sent 'on vacation' by Windu to take care of the pirate clan, so that won't be much a difference...

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 08:41 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Looks to make an interesting outing for Jelena and the Jedi! Perhaps her specialty in Languages will become useful.

And the Alurans at least want your help, Vlad. Sounds like we're going somewhere that the Jedi aren't even liked.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 08:47 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Interesting, Denz will be there for these events I assume. I'm looking forward to that...

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 09:07 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
I notice only Darksiders are super excited.

Must be the long wait we had.

We always tend to be the more excitable ones, though stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 04:32 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

This is because our games are inevitably more fun. happy

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:48 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

And I think we tend to get more into it stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:51 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

And they're far more awesome. stick out tongue

If you're not cursing Ush at least three times during a single game, he's not doing it right.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 05:57 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Only three times a game? Is that like...the lowest possible estimate? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 06:00 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well yes, that's what it needs to be at least, not the actual operative amount. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 06:03 PM
Peach
mordrem

Okay, because I'm thinking more along the lines of "at least three times during a given situation in the actual game".

Which tends to be much more the case with us stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 06:04 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I'm definitely enjoying how the fight to save Alura has turned out, despite Xeth being unable to participate in the ground fighting. It kinda like this more thoughtful side to Xeth, where he has to consider things as a leader rather than as a fighter.

But it'll be good to get him back on his feet.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:24 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Okay, because I'm thinking more along the lines of "at least three times during a given situation in the actual game".

Which tends to be much more the case with us stick out tongue
Yup that's the generally what happens.

Although tend to curse the group as well a lot. I think that is what gives our team our unbeatable chemistry. big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 11:28 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote