KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court

Crzkz

A tour group is being led through the famous historical wing of the Electric Court, where the Crzkzi keep their most precious artifacts. In typical Crzkzi fashion, each artifact is not kept behind a glass barrier, but a ray shield that prevents the natural electromagnetism from degrading the objects. It is helpful that said ray shields also keep unwanted hands away from the objects, too

The tour group is guided by an older Crzkzi who is rambling about the historical significance of the Electric Court's Remembrance Hall, where they are currently touring. The Crzkzi leads the group past a row of priceless hand-soddered crowns, not acknowledging a single one and letting the tourists gawk all they please.

One tourist in particular seems very interested by the Sapphire of the Bolt, a gem formed from a powerful lightning strike somewhere out in the planet's gloomy deserts.

She smiles and, using a small device, snaps several pictures of the Remembrance Hall, and of the Sapphire, and of the equipment that secures it. She quickly moves on to stay with the group after, unnoticed.

-

Welcome to "Theft at the Electric Court," a game from the Retrospection series. These games are meant to provide a fun plot based upon the backgrounds of player characters, while giving players themselves a chance to gain experience- both in points and in practice with the system. This time, Retrospection takes a look at Gallagher Klinge-Faust, son of the Thespian Senator and a boy remarkably strong in the Force.

Much of Gallagher's history is accounted for, as he became entangled with Sienar's plot on Thespia at a young age, spent time healing from the outcome of that, and then joined up with the Jedi mission to protect Viceroy Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation. He is still quite young, especially to be a Jedi Knight and training a Padawan, D'an.

But there are some stories to tell in Gallagher's youth, in the early days of his training with Master Korth. Especially when they are sent to Crzkz to speak with its leader concerning alternative energy...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 06:59 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Coruscant

Gallagher- while using the Force offensively has never been a strong point for you, using it to simply affect the world around you is almost easier than walking. You are levitating small objects, trying to precisely control their movements with your mind, when Master Korth enters your practice room. The distraction causes you to momentarily waver in your focus on the objects, and they nearly drop. You catch them swiftly.

"Sorry for the interruption, Gallagher," says Master Korth.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:01 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"It's okay, Master," Gallgher says. "I was just practicing."

Gallagher will Scan his mentor, trying to read his intentions and emotions before he states his reason for being here.

Gallagher is how old, exactly?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 12:06 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gallagher is very young. We'll leave it vague for the moment. 10-ish.

"You are strong for your age," Master Korth observes. "Most students are still working on the concept of getting objects to move at all."

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 05:38 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"It seems easy enough," Gallagher says, simply. "Can I help others learn? Though I feel like you and all the other Masters probably have that down."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 07:14 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I would leave that to the Masters for now," Korth chuckles. "We don't want other students becoming jealous because someone younger than them is naturally talented with the Force."

Korth sits down beside you and begins to levitate some blocks himself.

"So. We've spent a lot of time here in the Temple. How do you feel about leaving it for some time?"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 02:58 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher watches how easily Korth can levitate the blocks.

"I haven't done that very often," Gallagher says. "I've really just been focusing on my studies here, I guess. Why do you ask?"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 06:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"The Council has a diplomatic assignment for me," Master Korth says. "I want you to come with me."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2012 01:59 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher is excited at the prospect. He has left the Temple before and probably been to a few other worlds, but nothing like an assignment from the Council.

"Where are we going?" Gallagher asks.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 11:42 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"The planet Crzkz," Master Korth says. "The Senate is attempting to negotiate with the planet regarding their renewable energy technology, which is highly advanced. They wish for a Jedi to attend the negotiations, to ensure that things go smoothly. The Crzkzi can be a little... confrontation."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 02:02 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"How so?" Gallagher asks.

Does he know anything about Crzkz or its inhabitants?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 01:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Just that they have very little interaction with the rest of the Galaxy and are highly evolved.

"They are very protective of their creations," Master Korth explains.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 08:19 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Violently protective?" Gallagher asks, slightly nervous. He has not seen much combat aside from practices in the Temple, with droids and his Master.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 11:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Only if brought to that point," Master Korth says. "They wouldn't have need to be with us. We are simply going to help reason with them. I wouldn't expect too many fireworks.

"I can sense your nervousness," Korth notes.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 07:55 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Sorry, Master," Gallagher says.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 12:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"No need to be apologetic," Korth says with a smile. "Your nervousness is understandable. You have not left Coruscant before and you are being brought into a strange situation."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 02:59 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"This is true," Gallagher says. He ponders about himself and his powers and his skills briefly, knowing that his a novice. He looks to the Force for strength and confidence, knowing that despite his young age, the energy field flows through him freely.

"I am ready if you believe me to be, Master Korth," Gallagher tells the old mentor. "I will do this."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 06:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Master Korth smiles reassuringly.

"It will be a good experience for you," Korth insists. "Your first travel abroad will be to monitor a tense political situation, one where a war of words is likely but not armed conflict. I would rather this be your first experience of the Galaxy than something too docile, or too violent. A happy medium."

Korth pats your shoulder.

"Return to your meditations and whatever else you had planned for your day. We leave tomorrow. Get a good night's rest, Padawan Faust."

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 02:35 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher nods and returns to his meditations, catching the objects that Korth leaves behind when he departs the room. He will meditate on what this new adventure will mean for him and how it will contribute to his career as a Jedi Knight. He never chose this career but understands that he was destined to follow this path from the moment he was born. He wonders how his parents feel about this.

(I assume he hasn't met them yet.)

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 02:55 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is not until the murders on Thespia that Gallagher comes into contact with his family (as far as I am aware).

Much of your time is spent on meditations and practicing your skills here in the Temple. The Masters are keenly aware of your potential and want you to take advantage of your gifts.

Unfortunately this means that Gallagher does not do a whole lot else. You probably do not have many close friends at this point in time.

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 03:42 AM