KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

Loj'oon walks upon a cliff of dark rocks. He strips the leather flight gloves from his hands and stuffs them into his utility belt as he approaches the edge, then hooks his thumbs into the belt beside his heavy blasters.

"Captain," says one of his men, coming up to the cliff alongside the Rodian. "We've destroyed the last of the tracking beacons. It's safe to power down the scrabbling device."

"No," Loj'oon says. "We'll leave it running. I know it's power-intensive, but I do NOT want to be found. Not by the Srum, not by the Tyr-sen, not even by the Jedi."

"They helped us a great deal..."

"I don't care," Loj'oon says. "We owe them a great deal. But we can't give them that knowledge. If they know, then SOMEBODY knows. This stays with us for now. I can't make a secretive safehaven if it's not a secret."

Loj'oon waves a hand down the cliff face, gesturing to what he refers to. Settled in the shallow water below him is the Seat of Srum- his new base of operations made stationary and terrestrial.

-

Welcome to "The Movement," a game from the Retrospection series. These games are meant to provide a fun plot based upon the backgrounds of player characters, while giving players themselves a chance to gain experience- both in points and in practice with the system. Retrospection continues on with the misadventures of Wentar Reiua, a Jedi Knight that continues to find himself dragged into helping the weak and helpless. It is his task a Knight to do such... but it strains his duties to the Republic when those in need of his assistance are not inside the Republic.

Yet those bonds are beginning to loosen for Wentar. The Senate and the Order prohibit him from straying too far from Republic space after the Battle of the Seat of Srum. The Council is worried that politicians will try to make use of him; the Senate is worried that he'll go rogue, like his mentor.

It may be beyond the control of either party, however...

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 09:02 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Coruscant

It is another smoggy day on Coruscant, Wentar. You have been unable to take your leave of the capital world since the fight for the Seat of Srum. It is seldom that you even stray from the Temple; you've gained some notoriety for the event, mainly in that you did not actually do anything for the good of the Republic. The Senate seems to have this notion that, as an officer of the peace, you are authorized to help them and their agendas. Not go angering pirate clans and slavers that have nothing to do with them normally.

Besides which, Master Windu prefers that you stay out of the political side of things. It is very easy to get lost in all that ilk. The Committee for Sentient Rights has tried to reach out to you a few times this week already; you get amiable vibes from them, at least, but you don't want to get involved.

Today, you and Emso are working on some of the carbon scoring that the Free Flier received, as well the installation of a new shield generator. The last one was all but fried in your attempt to ward off the attacking fighters of the Kylugo Srum. It needed replacing.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 09:06 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Excellent! Lets get this into gear.

How long has it been since the Battle of the Seat of Srum?

-

Wentar goes over the list of repairs for the Free Flier, ticking off the latest portion of the work they had completed.

"Glad you're still here, Emso, without you this work would be nowhere near finished," Wentar chuckles a little. "I'm not exactly an expert with a hydrospanner."

He double checks the electronics and diagnostics needed to oversee the installation of the new generator. "How are you finding your time here anyway?"

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 09:37 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

A few months, give or take.

"I'm not exactly an expert with a lightsaber," Emso says. "If not for you I don't think I'd be here at all."

Emso is fairing well. The Council has granted him a temporary home within the walls of the Temple, in one of their spare quarters near the hangars. He is putting himself to good use repairing Jedi ships returning from assignment. They are paying him a meager fund.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 09:43 AM
Craft
CTE

"I seem to recall you saving my life too," Wentar pauses at the bad memory. "Come on, lets get this shield generator installed first, you can survive with some carbon scoring, but not without shields."

I'm assuming it's fair pay all things considered.

How goes Wentar's search for the remaining Trikistani slaves?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 10:10 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Emso will go get the damn thing! Shield generators are incredibly heavy and he needs a repulsor lift to bring it into the hangar.

It has been put on hold, irritatingly enough. You have tried to do some research here and there. It is difficult to investigate anything from your bedroom.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 07:08 PM
Craft
CTE

Wentar will work of getting the old generator out then, if it's still in there that is. If not I'm sure the ships systems need to be primed to accept the new generator anyway.

When will I be able to get back in the field? While it is a nice change of pace, not being shot at, it is irritating to just sit around doing very little most of the time.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 03:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, it's still in there... mostly. Something blew when the strain became too much and it burned from the inside out. There might be some programming that needs to be tweaked with the onboard computer. You'll have to look at the new unit first.

Your problem right now is that the old generator has melted into its frame.

The Council says... to be determined. The Srum situation needs to blow over in the Senate before you can go anywhere of import.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 03:53 AM
Craft
CTE

Tsk, politics. Still Wentar knows The Councils hands are tied so he doesn't make a fuss. I am curious if there are any gossip or rumors going around the temple concerning his situation.

Geh, melted to the frame? I'm assuming it'll be more tricky then hitting an eject button. It'll probably need to be cut out... the lightsaber is technically a tool. Maybe I can cut the melted generator out with Wentar's saber or would that cause too much damage?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 04:28 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You could try it! It will require a careful hand not to damage anything else.

It is generally known that something happened with the Srum and yourself. Much of the mission has remained classified by the Council, due to particular pieces of information about the fight and the actors particpating in it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:16 AM
Craft
CTE

Altar Vynn's involvement, Vlad's brush with the Dark Side and everything Farl related probably isn't something The Council wants as public knowledge.

What are my other options? Proper tools, specific droids, some kind of melted metal eating liquid?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Spot on.

It will be a cutting tool of some sort. The Temple might be able to spare a droid but you have a very talented technician for a friend.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:46 AM
Craft
CTE

That's true. Lets just use the proper tools for now, since we have them on hand anyway.

So what has The Committee for Sentient Rights been asking Wentar about?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 06:05 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You haven't talked to them directly, actually. You just know that they keep trying to get a hold of you. The Council has blocked their efforts.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 06:07 PM
Craft
CTE

Probably a good thing, Wentar's still unimpressed over how they handled the situation. The Committee complained that the slaves didn't return home, yet they would have if the Committee had steped in to help.

Have I had any word from Altar since the battle? Also how is Vlad doing nowadays?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 11:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, but that's not the Committee's fault...

Altar has not been in touch, and Vlad has actually gone into isolation to manage his anger issues.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 11:58 PM
Craft
CTE

Ah, fair enough!

You mean it's more the Senates fault instead of the Committee or the fault of the senators involved?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 02:14 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Neither. There was only one party present at the Seat of Srum that represented the Galactic Republic.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 03:15 AM
Craft
CTE

-_- The Jedi. Wentar's copping the blame for that one...

But what else was he suppose to do in that situation? Just walk away? Even if that was an option Wentar would never have taken it.

Guess I'm getting a clearer picture consering the confinement to the temple.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 03:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Obviously the Committee expects a great deal out of the Jedi Order, hmm?

That being said, you can see why the Council is shying away from open discussion with them regarding the event. Better to leave you out of it, no matter how capable you are.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 04:13 AM