KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Conspiracy Forum » Conspiracy theory belief - a crutch for the weak?

Conspiracy theory belief - a crutch for the weak?
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Conspiracy theory belief - a crutch for the weak?

Does anyone else think that a majority of the more flaky conspiracy theorists support and believe in really wacked out theories because it's easier to fight the fictional enemy or fictitious cause of a problem than to actually do something about it?

I believe that there are valid conspiracies out there. In a world that is consumed by greed it is almost a given. But I also believe that many conspiracy theorists use their beliefs as a crutch to both avoid the real issues in their lives and the world. It also seems that believing in some of the more outrageous theories gives themselves a distorted sense of importance or that they "know more than the sheep" making them feel that they have some sense of power, or are special, when in truth they are most likely socially inert, politically powerless, or just plain frightened of actually risking anything to make a real difference.

Any thoughts?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:20 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

My latest diary entry:

Today, I realized the obvious. KharmaDog is an obvious agent of the New World Order. He recently proposed that we actually devote our truth-delving attention instead to something actually potentially productive. I have no choice but to assume that he is trying to promote a lie spread by the New World Order. Namely, work. Also, AIDS.

Ps: He may also be an alien. I swear I saw him turn green once.

I'm watching you.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:17 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

I always assumed people like deano had personality disorders which is the reason they believe in such outlandish theories. Like you said because it makes them feel special, like they know some thing others don't which is a classic sign of schizophrenic tendencies.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:37 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

its silly troll comments like the one above that make it a joy to be here.

the nwo theory is not outlandish at all. its happening and i feel sorry for you if you cant see it, or too cowardice to admit so here.

and to kharma's point, yes i understand what you are saying. its easier to blame people who you cant really prove are there. its a way of deflecting blame away from our own actions.

there was a thread on this on the davidicke forum.

i generally believe there is a conspiracy to control humanity and deliberatly create this new system. of course there are dis-info agents out there that tell you 95 % truth and spread the rest in lies.

david icke for example has been blamed of this. his knowledge of the banking system and the nwo is spot on, but then he says 'oh by the way, the eltie are shapeshifting lizards'. It shits on the real issues and then people wont take him seriously. But i do think he does believe in these aliens, but is it worth telling people? he could of ignored it and went to a more safer conspiracy route. but thats the choice he made. Maybe there are such reptilian E.T's, but who's gonna listen?

Also not to metion that billions of peoplehave blind faith in a god who is supposed to exist in heaven, yet when you speak scientifically about the possibilty of aliens, where reptillian or not, you get branded crazy. the hypocrisy fills the air.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 04:06 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't the nwo supposed to be like making the world a better (americanised) place?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 09:02 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
its silly troll comments like the one above that make it a joy to be here.

the nwo theory is not outlandish at all. its happening and i feel sorry for you if you cant see it, or too cowardice to admit so here.

and to kharma's point, yes i understand what you are saying. its easier to blame people who you cant really prove are there. its a way of deflecting blame away from our own actions.

there was a thread on this on the davidicke forum.

i generally believe there is a conspiracy to control humanity and deliberatly create this new system. of course there are dis-info agents out there that tell you 95 % truth and spread the rest in lies.

david icke for example has been blamed of this. his knowledge of the banking system and the nwo is spot on, but then he says 'oh by the way, the eltie are shapeshifting lizards'. It shits on the real issues and then people wont take him seriously. But i do think he does believe in these aliens, but is it worth telling people? he could of ignored it and went to a more safer conspiracy route. but thats the choice he made. Maybe there are such reptilian E.T's, but who's gonna listen?

Also not to metion that billions of peoplehave blind faith in a god who is supposed to exist in heaven, yet when you speak scientifically about the possibilty of aliens, where reptillian or not, you get branded crazy. the hypocrisy fills the air.

He should have kept his mouth shut on his belief in reptillians being amongst us.Because of that,they can use that ammunition against him when he talks about real stuff that we know for sure is going on like the NWO and yeah I hate those kinda troll comments magee makes as well just because he's too afraid to look at the truth.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 11:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Well Parker just let me know when you find the truth and maybe you wont be treated like a psychotic 12 year old holding on to some thing which makes him feel special, It's ok you can get help you know.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 10:02 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Re: Conspiracy theory belief - a crutch for the weak?

Originally posted by KharmaDog
Does anyone else think that a majority of the more flaky conspiracy theorists support and believe in really wacked out theories because it's easier to fight the fictional enemy or fictitious cause of a problem than to actually do something about it?

I believe that there are valid conspiracies out there. In a world that is consumed by greed it is almost a given. But I also believe that many conspiracy theorists use their beliefs as a crutch to both avoid the real issues in their lives and the world. It also seems that believing in some of the more outrageous theories gives themselves a distorted sense of importance or that they "know more than the sheep" making them feel that they have some sense of power, or are special, when in truth they are most likely socially inert, politically powerless, or just plain frightened of actually risking anything to make a real difference.

Any thoughts?

I can see your point, but I wouldn´t think that the Majority use it as a crutch. The majority just know something is wrong with the world and look for clearer signs of it, evidence etc.

Ok some conspiracy's daft like all these reptilian eye things on youtube. Maybe there are reptilian eyed folk out there, but most of these videos redicule the real argument, maybe this is on purpose and is fact also a conspiracysmile

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 07:07 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
B.A
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just think they're crazy.

*Enters Deano*

Respect Apollo Respect Black Goliatch

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 06:52 AM
B.A is currently offline Click here to Send B.A a Private Message Find more posts by B.A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Maybe the theorists just WANT you to believe they're using their theories as a crutch, when really at the end of the day they all fall through the secret passageways in front of their computers into a secret meeting room and use their internet posts as items of business. Crafty little devils. It's a mad house, I tell ya! A MAD HOUSE!

Anyway, getting to the point. I agree that everyone knows something's wrong with the world, but some people, rather than watching a Michael Moore movie or studying politics or society, will try to come up with an even more sinister and less detectable problem. This is because some of the main issues in today's society are caused by everyday people, such as the theorists themselves. Conspiracy theories are a way to shift the blame. Also, sometimes it becomes a matter of, "My theory has more merit than yours." "Oh yeah? How about this?"

Also, Batman, the Question, and Deus Ex have probably sent off a lot of gullible people to expose "the truth."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 05:17 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Re: Conspiracy theory belief - a crutch for the weak?

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I can see your point, but I wouldn´t think that the Majority use it as a crutch. The majority just know something is wrong with the world and look for clearer signs of it, evidence etc.

Ok some conspiracy's daft like all these reptilian eye things on youtube. Maybe there are reptilian eyed folk out there, but most of these videos redicule the real argument, maybe this is on purpose and is fact also a conspiracysmile

good post.Yeah you'll never find me defending things such as reptillains walking amongst us or aliens in a secret airbase ect,thats all just heresay where theres no hard evidence.With me,I mostly defend 9-11 and the kennedy assassination because they are the two worst tragedys of our time and they're world known facts that elements within the US government were behind all that.People need to accept that and stop living in denial about it.Thats all beeen exposed.I cant speak for Deano but myself,i post stuff about clinton because i feel its important information that needs to get out.That people need to know the REAL clinton.For one thing,the things he did in office,were STILL paying for them.

These are facts that if you knew about a scandal of his,you wind up as a mysterious dead body.Theres several documented cases of people speaking about his scandals and saying they were going to tell the world and then all of a sudden ending up dying in mysterious deaths.These are facts,not theorys.Its a scary world when the president can order an agency like the CIA to kill off people who know too much about your crimes and then nothing is done about it.If this was any of us that were connected to the dead body count that clinton is,we would be seeing a lifetime prison term.I realise that most people here wont read that thread but I know at least a couple that have an interest in it and you get a couple people interested,they hopefully tell more,get them informed,and hopefully something can change,you got to try

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 12:01 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Al Masudi

I just got back from Europe and learned some interesting things about
myself and European history. Besides 9/11, Kennedy Assassination, Freemasons,
Illuminati, NWO, etc., and the fact that i'm descended from Albanians/Illyrians,
why does the dark ages and the country of Khazaria,
never get mentioned in American history books?

Last edited by Al Masudi on Dec 6th, 2007 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 03:35 AM
Al Masudi is currently offline Click here to Send Al Masudi a Private Message Find more posts by Al Masudi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr Parker
good post.Yeah you'll never find me defending things such as reptillains walking amongst us or aliens in a secret airbase ect,thats all just heresay where theres no hard evidence.With me,I mostly defend 9-11 and the kennedy assassination because they are the two worst tragedys of our time and they're world known facts that elements within the US government were behind all that.People need to accept that and stop living in denial about it.Thats all beeen exposed.I cant speak for Deano but myself,i post stuff about clinton because i feel its important information that needs to get out.That people need to know the REAL clinton.For one thing,the things he did in office,were STILL paying for them.

These are facts that if you knew about a scandal of his,you wind up as a mysterious dead body.Theres several documented cases of people speaking about his scandals and saying they were going to tell the world and then all of a sudden ending up dying in mysterious deaths.These are facts,not theorys.Its a scary world when the president can order an agency like the CIA to kill off people who know too much about your crimes and then nothing is done about it.If this was any of us that were connected to the dead body count that clinton is,we would be seeing a lifetime prison term.I realise that most people here wont read that thread but I know at least a couple that have an interest in it and you get a couple people interested,they hopefully tell more,get them informed,and hopefully something can change,you got to try
Then why aren't you dead?

Hillary: Hang on, Bill.
Bill: What? Vince Foster must die!
Hillary: Yes, but what if some losers start selling books about how evil I am, some guy on the internet reads them and searches some more tiny stories about your stuff whilst in Arkansas (even though that wasn't mentioned til you were sworn in), they start harrassing people until they give in, and then everyone knows our secrets!
Bill: Shit, that would destroy us, like it did with Nixon!
Hillary: Yeah, what do we do?
Bill: Ermm, I don't know.

I could continue from there, but the point is made.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Last edited by It's xyz! on Dec 6th, 2007 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:06 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll say this for Deano: I'm generally going to disagree with him most of the time, but the majority of attempted explanations I see also come from him. As rebuttals, 90% of them amount to "you're crazy"....which may be true, but isn't a logical rebuttal to the proposed idea.

I can't speak specifically to each conspiracy, but most of the time I feel like it's just massive confirmation bias. We're programmed by evolution to seek patterns and coincidences, which happen all the time. The overwhelming number of people on the planet, multiplied by how many actions we perform daily and thoughts that race through our head (each one a possibility for a coincidence) and sheer probability ensures that even massive coincidences will happen on a regular basis.

This idea applies to both our regular lives as well as the macrocosm of the culture we live in. Anyone looking for patterns will find many of them. And for someone as credulous as most conspiracy theorists, these patterns and coincidences will seem irrefutable, when in fact they are anything but.

Someone made a thread in the OTF about Washington DC being specifically engineered for some nefarious symbolic purpose. There were diagrams, articles, maps, etc. etc. All very impressive looking, and it located an absurd number of patterns. A few were intrigued by it. But then I read through it, and it was obvious that nearly every "coincidence" was simply an arbitrary selection of landmarks, dates, whatever, in order to strengthen the argument. In other words, it was complete crap.

And if you look at most conspiracy threads, it's the same thing. Hand picking evidence from amongst a much (much) larger potential drawing pool that seems to suggest various links between people or organizations. You can do it for any agenda, given enough time and resources (newspaper articles, websites, TV shows, speeches, political policies, etc.). Then they work that evidence into a theory that is "proven" by the evidence, and transcends all of it.

Some may have merit, but the vast majority simply pander to the credulity and paranoia of the public, and feed the need of many conspiracy theorists.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 6th, 2007 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 08:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll say this for Deano: I'm generally going to disagree with him most of the time, but the majority of attempted explanations I see also come from him. As rebuttals, 90% of them amount to "you're crazy"....which may be true, but isn't a logical rebuttal to the proposed idea.

The problem is Digi, is that it just doesn't matter anymore. In the past I have tried to counter Deano's posts with both logic, research and well presented arguments.

When he spouted off about Egyptian heiroglyphics telling about the aliens that had created their civilization, I reached back into my university books on art history and archeology and pummeled his points into dust. Weeks later he started another thread, saying the same stuff even though it had been thoroughly refuted. And he continues to do so.

When he used, supposed, quotes from firemen to back his 9/11 debate, I showed him that his sources were manipulating the quotes and knowingly misrepresenting what the firemen actually said. Once again, weeks later, he reposted those quotes even though he knew they were inaccurate.

I have on multiple occasions shown his resources to be intentionally misleading, outright wrong, or (as with the general spoonbender case) certifiably insane. He sometimes even recognizes this, then weeks later will use the same or similar resources.

So I gave up. He doesn't care to question his beliefs, or the statements of those that he follows blindly, so when met with a person that chooses to indulge themselves in such behaviour, I am compelled to mockery for logic and common sense are wasted.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 11:36 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

[QUOTE=9896235]Originally posted by DigiMark007
[B]I'll say this for Deano: I'm generally going to disagree with him most of the time, but the majority of attempted explanations I see also come from him. As rebuttals, 90% of them amount to "you're crazy"....which may be true, but isn't a logical rebuttal to the proposed idea.

Thats very true.thats how the majority of them act towards Deano.I dont follow his Reptillian threads but I know that when it comes to 9/11 it doesnt matter if its Deano.Anytime ANYONE comes on here and posts facts that proves beyond a doubt that bombs were for sure set of in the towers and that the only possible way it could have been accomplished was from being an inside job,doesnt matter who it is,they'll post the facts that prove it beyond a doubt and the people that have come on who insist it could not have been an inside job,will ignore the facts and just engage in insults no matter how hard you try to be nice to them and when they're insulted back,they act like innocent victems and complain about being insulted.Because of that,I dont even try to get a discussion on 9/11 here at this site anymore.Fortunately when i post about that now,I do it other sites where the posters are more reasonable.They have doubts that it was an inside job but they sense something is wrong because they at least listen to what you have to say unlike the posters here,so the discussions about it at other sites are a lot more civilized.Here their mind is made up and no matter what you post,they wont admit it when they're wrong.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:17 AM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Thats very true.thats how the majority of them act towards Deano.

See my above post. That post also loosley explains as to why most people mock you and have a hard time taking anything you say seriously.

Anytime ANYONE comes on here and posts facts that proves beyond a doubt that bombs were for sure set of in the towers and that the only possible way it could have been accomplished was from being an inside job,doesnt matter who it is,they'll post the facts that prove it beyond a doubt and the people that have come on who insist it could not have been an inside job,will ignore the facts and just engage in insults no matter how hard you try to be nice to them and when they're insulted back,they act like innocent victems and complain about being insulted.

First...Holy run on sentence! Punctuation is your friend. As for anyone posting evidence that "proves beyond a doubt that bombs were for sure set of in the towers", it hasn't happened yet. Whether you want to believe that or not.

Lastly, your posts are to be ignored for the very fact that you claim to not read any of the posts that disagree with you, then comment on the posters. You grasp on logic is as tenuous as is your grasp on coherent communication.

Last edited by KharmaDog on Dec 7th, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 12:42 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

The problem is Digi, is that it just doesn't matter anymore. In the past I have tried to counter Deano's posts with both logic, research and well presented arguments.

When he spouted off about Egyptian heiroglyphics telling about the aliens that had created their civilization, I reached back into my university books on art history and archeology and pummeled his points into dust. Weeks later he started another thread, saying the same stuff even though it had been thoroughly refuted. And he continues to do so.

When he used, supposed, quotes from firemen to back his 9/11 debate, I showed him that his sources were manipulating the quotes and knowingly misrepresenting what the firemen actually said. Once again, weeks later, he reposted those quotes even though he knew they were inaccurate.

I have on multiple occasions shown his resources to be intentionally misleading, outright wrong, or (as with the general spoonbender case) certifiably insane. He sometimes even recognizes this, then weeks later will use the same or similar resources.

So I gave up. He doesn't care to question his beliefs, or the statements of those that he follows blindly, so when met with a person that chooses to indulge themselves in such behaviour, I am compelled to mockery for logic and common sense are wasted.

True enough. You're more active on this forum than I am, so you're more qualified to speak on the details of it. And to be fair, my comment wasn't directed at you, because I realize you take more thorough stabs at logical debate than many on this forum.

Having seen your assessment of his arguments, I think my generalized observations match pretty well with your results. And it's unfortunate, but I don't think we have a ton of people who are willing to buy into it so readily, so that's at least good.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 04:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

thats what you think. theres a big difference. you didnt prove anything.

i never said i believed that aliens built the pyramids, but i am open to the possibility, and i try to put points across that can help others to be open minded. and do you ever think that your history books might be wrong? why do you take them as gospal?

you are lying when you say you have shown posts to be misleading. only once have you done that, and that was to a ramdon thread i posted. i never believed it or not believed it.

most of the threads i create get ignored by you when you cant counter them. most of the time you only come into a thread to mock.

as for the fireman quotes lol well you can go and listen to them if you want. they are on most of the 9/11 dvds. and thats not the only thing that helps prove that 9/11 was an inside job. the evidence is overwhelming. you just choose not to see it.

you have a belief system to desperatly defend. And your post as just proved to me that you are a master at twisting things.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 06:30 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Having an open mind doesn't mean being susceptible to every outlandish suggestion that rolls around. That's called naivety. Open-minded means weighing all arguments and determining a logical conclusion, and if the insanely outlandish suggestions hold no merit, it becomes entirely reasonable to discard it.

I think that even if you have a point about KharmaDog not be able to refute everything, you should also be willing to come down from your conspiratorial pedestal when he calls you out with contradicting evidence that debunks your own.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 10:04 PM