KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Conspiracy Forum » The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of Our Children

The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of Our Children
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of Our Children

(please log in to view the image)

'Bright teenagers are a disappearing breed, an alarming new study has revealed. The intellectual ability of the country's cleverest youngsters has declined radically, almost certainly due to the rise of TV and computer games and over-testing in schools. The 'high-level thinking' skills of 14-year-olds are now on a par with those of 12-year-olds in 1976.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...generation.html

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:10 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

the daily mail...haha...ha

Na seriously though...there is a need for a different type of intelligence nowadays...while i'm against the often touted idea of allowing common misspellings to be accepted in basic English language tests i do believe there needs to be a quicker identification and push towards inherent talents....i believe education is too vague and general even at university level

I also find it highly ironic that a tabloid newspaper accuses anything of dumbing down.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
I also find it highly ironic that a tabloid newspaper accuses anything of dumbing down.

True.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 05:24 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

image hotlink says it all though

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 07:46 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe there has been a dumbing down though.

The people at my school in the earlier years are way dumber than the people in my year were at that age. Then again, my year has a lot of smart people in it.

This study's evidence is a sample of 800 people, and is basically comparing one result to another.

It's very unscientific and not very valid.

My humble opinion is that although there might be some dumbing down is some places (Birmingham), others might be doing the opposite. After all, we have more technology and understandings today than 1976.

It's probably due to the mass media entertainment and the lack of motivation of today, through all the fear we've been spooned.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 04:40 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

there is dumbing down in politicl and world affair awareness. but general intelligence...........i dunno. people ARE more studious and less bright these days because of the way the curriculum is handled but not in the way u r suggesting.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 04:53 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote