KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?

Who will win the NBA Championship?
This poll is closed.
San Antonio Spurs 4 57.14%
Sacramento Kings 1 14.29%
Los Angeles Lakers 1 14.29%
New York Knicks 0 0%
New Jersey Nets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?
Started by: SAtown_punk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?

I'm from San Antonio, and I love the Spurs...but that's not why I think they can repeat as champions. I think they can repeat because right now they are almost exactly where they were at this time last year, the younger guys are again stepping up, Rasho Nesterovic is playing well, nobody can stop Tim Duncan, and the only other team that has a chance of winning the NBA Championship, Sacramento, can't beat the Spurs. The start of a dynasty? I think so.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:47 PM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm saying the T-Wolves. How could you put up that horrible list and forget them. Knicks? HA! Also you forgot the Mavs.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:04 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

the knicks aren't in bad shape, i wuldn't be laughin at them yet...

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:31 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

They're not in great shape either and in no way are they better than Dallas or Minnesota.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 12:32 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

Indiana Pacers are going 2 win the NBA championship. Well i'm from Greenwood, Indiana like by Indianapolis so I like all the players on the Pacers but I'm not really an NBA fan. I'm a die hard football fan and the Indianapolis Colts are gonna win the superbowl next year. YAAAAA(Howard Dean)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:34 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dallas is a purely offensive team. I like them as well, but offense doesn't went championship. It wins games, but defense wins championships. And Minnesota may have an OK chance, but when it comes down to it, Minnesota has Sprewell, Garnett, and Cassell. san Antonio has a GREAT bench. Indiana also has an OK chance, but I don't believe anybody from the east will be able to win it again for a while. Indiana only has Miller, and O'Neal. New York will be good soon, but not good enough to win the championship this year.

"Most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient."
-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 11:23 PM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

About the colts winning the Super Bowl next year....Won't Happen! I love Peyton Manning, and their offense is great, but they don't have the defense to do it. It may be New england again, but I doubt it. Dallas also has a good shot, but it may be another year before they get to where they need to be(depending on what QB they can pick up this offseason). But I guess Indianapolis COULD win it all, but I really believe it's too early to guess. Wait until the draft.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 11:27 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

my money is on

for NBA: Sacramento Kings
for NHL: Los Angeles Kings

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 01:43 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

well ur kinda right about that satown but indianapolis might get warren sapp even though i dont like him cuz hes got an attitude and hes cocky but hes an all around good player. so that could be a good start but indianapolis did pretty well in there defense and they soon will come back from recovery dont worry it will happen

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 02:21 AM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do think it will happen soon, about Indianapolis...but I'm more concerned with Eli Manning! I think he will be great where ever he goes. I can't wait to see him play!

How do you expect Sacramento to win? I don't think they can beat the spurs when it comes down to it. The Spurs have proven that. Once again, offense wins games...defense wins championships. Sacramento doesn't play defense. San Antonio does. But maybe Sacramento will change when Marcus Camby comes back...who knows?

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 04:46 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Mavs got pretty far last year in the playoffs with their offense. Minnesota is also missing 2 important players as well. Michael Olowakandi has been injured all year and he is a much better center than Ervin Johnson and "Pig" Miller. Then there is Wally's World who will definitely spread the opponents out with his 3 ball which will open things up for KG and Spree.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 05:14 AM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess so. But I just can't see Minnesota winning it. You do bring up good points, however. But that's the same thing as sacramento. Peja can shoot the ball, and that opens it up for Vlade and Brad. But they can't beat the Spurs.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 06:54 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I'm from southern california and the Lake show's winning it this year. Injuries plagued them early in the season, but they are still the best team. No team in the NBA can take them in a best of 7...especially San Antonio. Sac's their closest competition, but they don't stand a chance once Karl Malone is back. 4 outta 5 ain't bad...last year was a fluke.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 08:08 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by SAtown_punk
I guess so. But I just can't see Minnesota winning it. You do bring up good points, however. But that's the same thing as sacramento. Peja can shoot the ball, and that opens it up for Vlade and Brad. But they can't beat the Spurs.

Its fine not to be seeing somebody winning it. I just thought that Dallas and T-Wolves were at least more deserving to be on that list more than others (especially NY) whether they get the votes or not.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 08:40 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Lakers!?! Are you serious!?! Did you see Yao Ming manhandle Shaq last night? Yao whooped all over Shaq, and what did shaq do? He said all the calls went to Yao. Well, Shaq went to the line 19 times, to Yao's 11. Explain that. Also, there is a problem with Phil Jackson. The Lakers have stopped negotiating with Phil about coming back. He WILL NOT be back. Shaq loves Phil, and if Phil doesn't come back, Shaq won't either, and he won't play well the remainder of the season. Karl Malone is a whiner, and past his prime, and Kobe isn't playing well. That only leaves Payton, who can't do it alone. The Lakers have been screwed since the beginning of the season when all that legal crap happened with Kobe. The Lakers are in bad shape, and they aren't gonna be able to pull it together. If Yao can manhandle Shaq like he did last night, do you honestly think Duncan and Nesterovic are going to have any trouble at all? Lakers are going to be eliminated in the second round, if not the first, and next year their team is going to be in ruins. Spurs to repeat.

-Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by SAtown_punk on Feb 12th, 2004 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 10:39 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is nobody going to comment anymore? I know you guys have an opnion.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 06:48 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I've made several comments but I'm waiting on others to comment now so I can respond to them.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 08:43 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I know what you mean. I make a thread, and nobody comes to it...lol. I guess many people just don't want to talk about sports.

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 10:35 PM
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

comments?

-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 04:13 AM
sportsmaster

Champions forever

When it comes to winning the championship of NBA, Lakers will win no matter what. They have Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone. Malone was injured during the season but now in hte playoffs, they'll beat Dallas in five games. Then they'll take on the Kings in a seven games series. Lakers will win the final round of the western playoffs by eliminating Minnesota in a 7 game series. Then they will play the Pacers but will beat them in a 5 game series. So at the end of the day, Phil Jackson will win his 10th win as an NBA coach and Lakers once again will prove that nobody is as good as they are.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 09:04 PM
sportsmaster is currently offline Click here to Send sportsmaster a Private Message Find more posts by sportsmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote