KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Skiing vs Snowboarding

Skiing vs Snowboarding
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

Skiing vs Snowboarding

So the other day I was up at Willamette Pass skiing and I was in the lodge having lunch and this lady behind me was talking about turning on skis vs turning on a snowboard. And she's like "Well on skis, it's just the slightest movement with your hips but on a snowboard it's a total shift of your weight." That made me mad. To start with, I am sure she had never skied in her life. If she had, she would know that you have to shift your weight around to turn on skis just as much as you do on a snowboard. The only difference is that it's from one foot to the other, rather than from your toe to your heel or vice versa. I haven't ever snowboarded, but I don't go around saying how easy it is. I'm not saying snowboarders are bad. Most of my friends snowboard rather than ski. I know this seems really random but I had to go tell somebody. Thanks for listening.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 06:04 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

I kinda suck at skiing, so turning is sooo much easier for me on a snowboard, but had I known both just the same, perhaps I could make complete judgement here...

The thing is, turning on skiis requires a succesion of quick moves (lifting on ski, bringing the other around etc) while on a board, I find it easier because u don't have to worry about doing two separate moves.

About how easy it is, well, I can't argue either way.. I don't think it's easier one way or the other..

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:18 AM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I know that's my point
People shouldn't try to judge which is easier at all, especially without actually having done them both

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:57 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I haven't snowboarded ever, and I'm not going to pretend like I know what I'm saying, but it seems like turning in snowboarding is kind of hard, because you can't really do very sharp turns or anything, while in skiing you have a somewhat less limited manueverability.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 05:15 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Actually, u can very well turn full 180 in one move on the board..

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 09:05 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I went skiing for the first time a few weeks ago...it was ok...but yes the turns are hard! I am considering learning to snowboard. My husband likes to snowboard so what the heck...I'll at least try.

Then I can be a cute snowboarder chick...like the ones on Amped 2!! hee hee!!!

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 07:43 PM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

hmmm love

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 09:08 AM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

laughing out loud (well that's what he said I was when I was in my gear)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 09:43 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Can I see u in u'r gear ? whistle

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 10:28 AM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 11:50 AM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Is that a no ? sad

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 03:21 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

I dont have any piccies

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 03:40 PM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Damn sad

Next time make some big grin

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 04:00 PM
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by airangel429
I went skiing for the first time a few weeks ago...it was ok...but yes the turns are hard!

It's weird I think skiing is one of those things that is harder to learn as you get older... I've been skiing since I was just a wee little lad and the turning feels really natural to me... This sounds stupid but I feel something like I'd expect a jedi to feel... Like something else is controlling me, like "the force is flowing through me"... confused

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 03:02 AM
Fitch
Free

I tried both...I remaind a passionate fan of snowboarding!I dunno why,I consider it more extreme,you can do whatever you head wants to,at skiing I couldn't.So I board every weekend I have the chance..

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 08:06 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

quote:
Originally posted by Barf Heaven
It's weird I think skiing is one of those things that is harder to learn as you get older... I've been skiing since I was just a wee little lad and the turning feels really natural to me... This sounds stupid but I feel something like I'd expect a jedi to feel... Like something else is controlling me, like "the force is flowing through me"... confused

laughing out loud That's true for everything u get really good at.. yes

Have fun||

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 02:49 PM
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

every december I go to Nevada for some 'snow fun'. Ive tried skiing and snowboarding. In skiing, its very easy to just ride down in a straight line, but hecka hard to turn. Sometimes when you go down the slope your skiis get stuck together in the front, making and X shape. When I reached the bottom, I tried to do what those people do, where they do a sharp turn to the side and spray snow on people. But I stopped short and tumbled doowwwnn. When I tried snowboarding, it was also somewhat difficult, but more enjoyable. It feels just like a skateboard and you could do sick moves on it. I dunno, I feel more comfortable with the snowboard smile

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 04:57 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

im a die hard snowboarder.. i was up in canada for a few weeks this winter.. ive been doing it a long time.. and i will admit that from my experience and a lot of others this is the case:
Skiing is easier to learn bottom line
but skiing is harder to master..

but it still just isnt as cool lol

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 08:33 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexybeast99

I love snow boarding!!!! but skiing is alrite 2!!!!!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2004 03:47 AM
sexybeast99 is currently offline Click here to Send sexybeast99 a Private Message Find more posts by sexybeast99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

forumcrew>you are so right!! Skiing was hecka easier to learn but snowboarding is more thrilling

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:05 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote