KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA Rookie of the Year SPOILER!

NBA Rookie of the Year SPOILER!
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

NBA Rookie of the Year SPOILER!

I have the results of the NBA rookie of the year. According to sources, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: LEBRON JAMES! WOO! is the winner of the award. To cover my reaction: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'M SO FUKING HAPPY! I KNEW IT! It came from Cleveland.com and says:

LeBron James, the super- hyped phenom who went from high school to the pros and kept the Cavaliers in playoff contention until late in the season, has beaten out Carmelo Anthony in voting for the NBA's Rookie of the Year award.

A source with knowledge of the vote tally, speaking on condition of anonymity, said James will be presented with the award Tuesday. James averaged 20.9 points, 5.9 assists and 5.5 rebounds and helped the Cavs improve from 17 wins to 35.

Anthony led the Denver Nuggets into the playoffs, averaging 21.0 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists. But James, 19, was only the third rookie in NBA history to average at least 20 points, five rebounds, and five assists, joining Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 02:28 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

spoiler, huh?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 04:18 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Unless you were being sarcastic and saying, "Duh, of course he won it" then yes, it is a spoiler because that info isn't suppose to be released until Tuesday.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:06 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

laughing out loud I never realized spoilers could be applied to sports

I'm a signature!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 12:17 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

If there's a will, there's a way.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:48 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

seeing how it's front page on all the sports websites...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 12:08 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

laughing out loud thats wut i was saying

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 12:09 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
seeing how it's front page on all the sports websites...

I look at a lot of sports pages and when I first came across it, it was only on that one site. All of the others didn't have it up yet.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 01:58 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

i saw it on CNNSI.com, ESPN.com, yahoo sports, and sportingnews.com...

but it was announced today anyways

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:36 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm not saying it wasn't seen on those sites, but when I saw it it wasn't on those (well I didn't see CNNSI or sportingnews.com) along with numerous other sports and NBA sites. I'm glad he won it though.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 12:46 AM
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

LeBron won the award, carmelo went to the playoffs, darko has cool hair, dwayne wade can beat the hornets. thank god, now lets move on..

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 12:50 PM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeff_Atello

I would have preferred 'Melo win it, and I called him winning it at the geginning of the season, but there's no denying that Lebron is great, and he deserves it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 06:33 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Tonight was a perfect example of what I was saying about the Nuggets. The Nuggets are a good enough team that they only lost by 2 to the Wolves despite Melo going 1 for 16 (2 pts).

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 06:00 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Lenard kept the Nuggets in it; Minnesota played HORRIBLY.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2004 04:48 PM