KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Artest: Defensive Player of the Year

Artest: Defensive Player of the Year
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Artest: Defensive Player of the Year

Artest won DPOY. Ben Wallace finished 2nd and my Theo Ratliff 3rd.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 07:49 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

well it should be that way. It's a lot harder to stop someone like Kobe Bryant or T-Mac than it is to stop other centers. Anyone can jump like a frog and block things near the rim. A real defender can shut down the person he's guarding....and Artest is the best in the league at that.

As much as i hate the little dirty ball player...Bowen should have gotten some serious recognition too. And Doug Christie can lock an offensive player pretty well too.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 08:12 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Agreed. Artest did improve though from his previous amounts of T's and flagrants.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 09:08 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

...the same day he was suspended for 1 game

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 12:08 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think they cancelled that ban. I read somewhere that the ban was not the right call so they took it away from him. What he do anyway? Flagrant foul or something?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 01:56 AM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

stepping off the bench onto the court.

ESPN still says he's suspended for a game

you might be thinking about Richard Jefferson who did the same thing, but no suspension

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 03:44 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I found the article and found what I had misread. The article came before the official announcement and it said that the league planned on giving Artest a 1 game suspension but then changed their minds and decided not to give him it. I guess they changed their minds again in time for the official statement.

quote:
Then, yesterday morning, Artest said he got a phone call from the NBA league office with the news that there would be no suspension. No one else on the Pacers was similarly informed and Artest may have been premature in his interpretation. There was nothing out of the league office to confirm the statement and NBA spokesman Tim Frank said yesterday that a decision should come today.

But this article came before the official release.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 04:14 AM
Jeff_Atello

No, No! Wallace deserved it again, I think.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 06:37 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I think Artest did deserve it this year. Wallace hasn't done as great this year (as great) and Artest stepped up even more.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 04:42 AM
Jeff_Atello

Maybe, but had Artest not toned down his temper, he wouldn't have gotten it. So I guess that's a plus for him, and there's no denying that he is a very good player.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 02:06 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

I think Al Harrington should have got the 6th man. Does anyone know who got it?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 02:44 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i'm not sure if they gave that award out yet

Old Post May 18th, 2004 05:08 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Antawn Jamison got the award. I thought Manu should have got it and then either Al or Antawn.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 06:35 PM