KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » NBA 6th Man: Antawn Jamison

NBA 6th Man: Antawn Jamison
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

NBA 6th Man: Antawn Jamison

Antawn Jamison will receive this years NBA 6th Man award. Sorry, didn't use spoiler marks this time stick out tongue. I figured nobody will care enough.
I personally think Manu Ginobili deserved it because of the spark he supplied off the bench. Jamison got it because he is all star caliber yet didn't complain all season about coming off the bench. Manu was more valuable though to the Spurs.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:43 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

Happy Dance hip-hip-horay-hip-hip-horay. thanks sonny neo. all cheers for the dallas mavericks, a good owner a great city. the team who bought the players...will only celebrate a 6th man award. jamison, himself was a starter in golden state..so ..to say he won...would be a mistake. and i truly hope the mavricks are beaten. i agree with mano, that guy is too fast for the memphis grizzles(DARN), he has to be mentioned. he has flexability like KOBE, the speed of Allen Iverson, from two years ago. not to mention the experiance, the guy is in his 2nd year in the game. besides, who else is there? give me few who come off the bench with guts & glory. very few hate the warm benches. ..................oh on a side note, the LAKERS WILL WIN THE CHAMPION SHIP. so both players will lose. GO KOBE, remind me of M.J.
Hip-Hip-Horay-Hip-Hip-Horay.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 02:23 PM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i agree with Myth on this issue. Manu should have won it over Twan.

but lets face it guys...the 6th man has been down hill ever since Detlef Schrimpfe (sp?) retired.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 02:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

Yes! I'm glad 'Twan is getting some recognition in the NBA for his hard work. He got a lot of credit at Carolina, even more than Vince, but Vince has always been the man in the NBA. The last couple of years have turned the tables and Jamison is showing people what is up. Go 'Twan!!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:26 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

vince...the man?

maybe after he's played 30 games in a season he can be the man....until then, he's just the reincarnation of Grant Hill...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 04:46 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

but Grant Hill was so much cooler.

and he played for Duke

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:30 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

So much cooler? When did this become about coolness?

Imagine is nothing, thirst is everything....Grant Hill drinks Sprite! yes

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:32 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Grant Hill is awesome

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:44 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

was awesome...was..

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:54 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Random: This Halloween I saw a kid who's outfit was a Grant Hill jersey and crutches laughing

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 06:18 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vagaryatwill

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
vince...the man?

maybe after he's played 30 games in a season he can be the man....until then, he's just the reincarnation of Grant Hill...

I wasn't clear. Sorry. Vince Carter recieved a lot of hype in the NBA for his dunks and his athleticism. He made a name for himself. And actually, it has only been recently (the last 2-3 years, am I right?) that Vince has become the suedo Grant Injury. Believe me, I don't think Vince Carter is or was the man, but I think other people might have thought that. My post earlier mistakenly indicated that I do think he is the man. Not true. I think I meant that he was the man only when compared to Jameson's accomplishments in the NBA. Anyway, I'm glad Jameson is doing well and getting recognition for his hard work.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 04:33 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Grant Hill is still awesome. just not at basketball

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 05:53 PM
Jeff_Atello

I guess Jamison is an OK choice, but Manu Ginobili deserved it. He means more to the Spurs than Jamison will ever mean to the Mavs.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 06:32 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote