KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Greatest soccer player of all time?

Greatest soccer player of all time?
Started by: amity75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
amity75

Greatest soccer player of all time?

I'd have to go for Maradona.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 07:58 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

i watched the 2000 world soccor games, and i enjoyed most of the games. i didn't know the rules or when was half time. i liked the japan team, manly because of thier uniforms. today i know nothing about soccor, but, i do know of freddy adu. so i choose, Freddy.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 08:36 PM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

But Freddy is only 14 years old ! He has still a lot to prove !!!

I'd go for Pele or...maybe Zidane.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 10:57 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

so i can watch someone become great. in ten years freddy will be 24 and i will be 31. so i think i'll order a soccor channel.

Old Post May 8th, 2004 11:18 PM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

lol

Old Post May 9th, 2004 12:45 AM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

At the moment i think Zidane big grin

Old Post May 9th, 2004 02:54 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

Ever? Pele.

Now? I'd say Henry.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 03:47 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

Have you noticed that defender are never awarded "Best player..." wink

I tend to agree with EB. If we had to pick a player for now, I'd maybe say Henry.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 05:30 PM
yerssot

that's cause they barely get any attention... they don't score a lot therefor less screentime

Old Post May 10th, 2004 05:31 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

even i know the ansewet to this question and i dont even watch soccer....its pela...EB knows it too

Old Post May 10th, 2004 07:27 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

*Pele...not pela

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:57 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Nah, got to go for Maradona. Can you imagine being a defender and having him running towards you? Theres no way you could get the ball off him. Pele was only really good in flashes. Maradona performed miracles with every club he went to. Single handedly guiding the hopeless Napoli to the Italian championship at club level and again single handedly winning the World cup with Argentina. We may never see a better player than Maradona.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 10:47 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

yeah...good thing Pele never singlehandely led his team to the World Cup title..

Old Post May 11th, 2004 12:55 AM
Blissbo
Senior Geek

Roberto Baggio

Old Post May 11th, 2004 01:09 AM
Blissbo is currently offline Click here to Send Blissbo a Private Message Find more posts by Blissbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

george best was simply the best player in the world.pele never played for any big clubs so i cant really think he was better than george best

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:04 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P

Apart from MU, in which big clubs has George Best played ? (Stockport County, Cork Celtics, Dunstable Town, Los Angeles Aztecs, Fulham, Fort Lauderdale Strikers, Hibernian, San Jose Earthquakes, Bournemouth, Brisbane Lions ) Please...

So I would still say Pele but I now hesitate with Beckenbauer (a big club, the Bayern, and the West German national team)

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:20 PM
Ninjamaster

Ronaldo the 97 and 98 periods before his got messed up the friggin boy was a revelation. he went for defenders and dribbled like mad weavin' in out away from their tackles leaving in a heap then tap the goal easily past the goalie. that was some inspired stuff!
Aint seen it in a long time

Old Post May 13th, 2004 04:03 PM
Ninjamaster is currently offline Click here to Send Ninjamaster a Private Message Find more posts by Ninjamaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Pele

Old Post May 14th, 2004 07:11 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

best ever for me is ZIDANE. the bald priest. RONALDO is also a legend no denying that

Old Post May 14th, 2004 06:48 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Pele or Eusébio.

Old Post May 15th, 2004 06:37 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote