KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Even thought its super early in the season, who will win the 2004 World Series?

Who will win World series
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yankees 1 14.29%
Red Sox 3 42.86%
Rangers 0 0%
Angels 2 28.57%
Twins 0 0%
Marlins 0 0%
Astros 0 0%
Dodgers 0 0%
Cubs 1 14.29%
Mets 0 0%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Even thought its super early in the season, who will win the 2004 World Series?
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

Even thought its super early in the season, who will win the 2004 World Series?

hey i know the season started last month, but who cares, come september this is all they will talk about and im sure by then millions of threads would start and if i posted then i would be closed so i post now. so far there are many teams up for grabs, who do you think will be victorious?

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 01:49 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

umm... you got the mets up there but what about the Phillies? The Phillies are tied for first i think. I'm not saying i think they're gonna win it i'm just saying they're doing better than the Mets.

Old Post May 23rd, 2004 10:40 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

u cant look at the standings this early i mean who would of though that the marlins would've even had a chance at a paloff birth this time last year...if i had to pick a team off the top of my head i would say cubs or astros coz of there pitching

Old Post May 24th, 2004 04:20 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I'm in no position to say because i'm not a huge baseball fan, but since it's an even closer team to home than LA, i'll say that the Anaheim Angels will win it all. I know that sounds front runner-ish. So if it makes you guys happy, i'm a 49ers fan in football and a Kings fan in Hockey....and both of those teams are going to suck for a while.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:13 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

if ur an LA fan, why didnt u choose the LA dodgers

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:18 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i forgot the phillies, i only could put 10 teams 5 national, 5 american

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:19 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Drifter101
if ur an LA fan, why didnt u choose the LA dodgers

I live in Orange County. Anaheim is part of Orange County. Los Angeles neighbors us to the north.

There isn't an OC basketball team otherwise I'd root them on instead.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:36 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

k

Old Post May 31st, 2004 11:38 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

In the American League, I'd have to go with the Yankees, of course, the perennial favorites, but I also say watch out for the Tigers or even the ChiSox, who are always just a component away from success and a consistent pain in the butt for the AL teams tthat play against them. I'd love to say the Mariners could have a chance, but the front office and mangement's constant tinkering with the team's chemistry is definately having a negative effect and ultimately causing the team to spiral downward. Of course, I have to also mention some other AL west pains in the butt--Anaheim, Oakland and even Texas all have a viable shot at the thing.
In the NL, I like the Dodgers, who are finally beginning to get it together. The Cubs, Astros, Diamondbacks contention can primarily be attributed to their pitching rotations, and others worth a mention are the Cardinals, whom I've always loved, and the Braves, whom I've always LOATHED.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 02:52 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

it does seem more competitive this year than others

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:35 PM
BasketCase

You dont have the braves up there?? i vote for the braves

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 09:22 PM
BasketCase is currently offline Click here to Send BasketCase a Private Message Find more posts by BasketCase Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

If the yankees make the playoffs cause i think the red sox will get first, and they will have to get a wild card, as i was sayin if the yankees make the playoffs and face the angels they are gonna get knocked out.... thats one or my prediction for this year, angels will knock out yankees if they face each other in the playoffs.... my other prediction is it will either be red sox or angels vs. cubs or cardnals in the world series

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:19 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

interesting picks

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 10:17 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I'm pickin the Red Sox. One problem I see with the Yankees in the playoffs is there are to many big egos. For example let's say A-Rod hits a double and Sheffield probably won't try to hit him to third instead going for the hit. I don't see this team making the small plays that the 4 year champion run Yankee's did and most champions do.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 04:00 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

there are egos in the yankees yet if u have forgotten the egos in Boston, like Manny, and Pedro sometimes.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2004 10:00 PM
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Although Boston does have egos they play as a team. Most of the Yankees Yankee hitters are built from free agency and are all stars. With the exception of Lofton and sometimes Jeter and Bernie most of Yankee hitters are going for their batting average. When you get to the playoffs your usually going to face great pitching not scrubs like Sidney Ponson or whatever that fatass name is. Pitchers in the playoffs get to study hitters tendencies and hitters have to become more selective and smart and do little things like moving runners over. The 4 year champion Yankees did the little things as good as any team ive seen. Also egos aren't bad as long as they come to play. Manny might make stupid comments and Pedro might be arrogant, but when it comes to the field those guys mash with the best of them. Now if you got a dumbass bum like sick Mondesi then it can hurt because he won't try as hard and can bring your club down.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 08:19 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Damn, the barfing smiliey didn't get to barf on Mondesi. mad

Old Post Jun 4th, 2004 08:22 PM
wuTa

you heard it hear 1st....Giants vs Red Sox in the world series

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 01:56 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Personally I'm hoping for the series of all series if it wasn't for Bartman and Grady Little. Red Sox vs Cubs, Bambino vs Billy Goat.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 02:05 AM
wuTa

i;d like to that it could happen if both teams stay injury free

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 02:11 AM