KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Charlotte

Charlotte
Started by: Arachnoidfreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Charlotte

CHarlotte has a new basketball team?! i Personally think the Hornets should have stayed in Charlotte, but whatever. Well, its now the New Orleans Hornets, and the Charlotte.... Bobcats? ugh...i already dont like them...

Old Post May 27th, 2004 12:27 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The Hornets management went downhill with the Charlotte community so they left. Charlotte did still want a team though so they rappidly made their case for getting a new team. Expansion teams are always interesting though. I can't wait to see who they get.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 12:38 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

they get the Number 4 pick next month, and the expansion draft, too.
charlottle is a baketball state, so it should be interisting. i'll be a fan if they do the right moves..until then..LETS GO SONICS!!

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:31 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yea but there called the bobcats....i just dont see me rooting for a team called the bobcats....go bobcats? it just dont sound right

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:51 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

its good you don't live in that state, eh?

Old Post May 27th, 2004 03:57 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

even if i lived in charlotte i'm not sure it i would root for them i'd just root for Duke

Old Post May 27th, 2004 04:10 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

Who will they get? i dont think they'll get a high school player cuz they'll need someone to make an impact immediatly.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 10:51 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

actually getting a high school player would be the smart move there not gonna go be good for at least a couple of years and they can get in impact player in the expansion draft

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:10 AM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

So who do you guys think that Charlotte will take in the Expansion draft on Tuesday?

They can select 14-29 players that are unprotected so I say they take the best players and try to trade them and then cut them because of their contracts if there are no takers.

Players I think they should take and try to trade but cut if not:
Antoine Walker
Eddie Jones
Brian Grant
Penny Hardaway
Glen Robinson
Jerry Stackhouse
Kerry Kittles

Players to take and keep:
Elden Campbell (can't believe left unprotected, contract a little steep but was effective against Shaq)
Qyntel Woods
Gerald Wallace

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 10:45 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Clark_Kent
they get the Number 4 pick next month, and the expansion draft, too.
charlottle is a baketball state, so it should be interisting. i'll be a fan if they do the right moves..until then..LETS GO SONICS!!

Charolette is a city not a state...and having one professional team doesn't necessarily constitute it as a basketball state.

and for Justin15 who said they need to pick up impact players to make an immediate impact...why is that? Last time i checked the history books, expansion teams do notoriously bad for their 1st couple of seasons before they can fill their rosters with the adequete amount of talent.

Who cares about the bobcats this year. they are going to be like the Bulls and Clippers. Give them 2-3 years and then we can make a case for them.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 02:03 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

charlotte is a basketball state....home of the duke blue devils and and north carlonia tar heels thats all those people care about are those two teams and now they got a pro team again so i would consider it a bball state

Myth-you got brian grant and eddie jones on your list can charlotte take two players from 1 team?....i think there gonna take either jason williams or bonzi wells from the grizzlies but if they do i expect the to trade either one

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 03:58 PM
Linkalicious

North Carolina and Duke are college teams...but they've struggled to put together a championship team for a couple of years now.

California is more a basketball state than Carolina. We have 4 pro teams and 2 traditionally good college teams. the downside is that UCLA and Stanford have become more about academics than athleticism.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 04:08 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i know there college teams but just coz its college dont mean it makes it any less than different than pro ball they love basketball there and duke and carlonia pretty much cancel out in por team north carolina has.....duke is in the running for a championship every year and is damn near in the final four every year and i dont have to explain the tar heels hirstory

i dont know if california is a bball state you guys have like 4 pro teams in every sport

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 04:20 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa

Myth-you got brian grant and eddie jones on your list can charlotte take two players from 1 team?....i think there gonna take either jason williams or bonzi wells from the grizzlies but if they do i expect the to trade either one

No, I meant they should take one of those. Probably Eddie Jones.

They can't take Bonzi or J-dub. Both are protected.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2004 08:28 PM
wuTa

are you sure?...the only i know for sure that is protected is gasol

Old Post Jun 19th, 2004 08:32 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Here's a nice little list for you. Its not official but is suppose to be like 99% accurate.

Here

Old Post Jun 20th, 2004 01:54 AM
Linkalicious

you could make a pretty decent team with out of some of the players in on that list. But it would still take a while before that team started winning...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2004 02:06 AM
wuTa

yup thats why they should go young in the draft

Old Post Jun 20th, 2004 03:22 AM
charlit
LoVe Me xxxx

i was like WTF CHARLOTTE!!! charlotte is me :P

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 06:16 AM
charlit is currently offline Click here to Send charlit a Private Message Find more posts by charlit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Charlotte traded picks #4 and 33 plus promised to draft Peja Drobnjak in exchange for the #2 pick so they can get Emeka or Howard.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 04:42 AM