KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Martial Arts

Martial Arts
Started by: spidergrl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidergrl
Living

Martial Arts

I've been looking around and there are hardly no topics on martial arts. So i choose to be the one to break the ice. wat martial art do you do or want to get involved in. I do taekwondo but would love to learn kung fu or something.

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 09:52 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

there are threads...ill pull one up for you...and for the hell of it...i take jiu jitsu but i want to take jeet kune do and wushu as well...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 09:54 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

awome, yea i no but some people haven't used it since the 1800's and i thought i would make a new one so that anyone could come on and talk about it. wat kind of things do you do in jiu jitsu?? and jeet kune/wushu?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2004 10:03 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
Its usually associated with submission fighting and it was originated by the samurai. When a samurai had his weapon knocked out of his hands, he couldn't attack the other warrior because of the armor they wear. A punch to samurai armor is useless so Jiu-Jitsu was developed as an alternative. Even with armor, a man can be disabled at the joints (whether breaking them or just a hold that hurts so bad that they can't fight).-Myth

thats the best way to describe i think...btw...check this out!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:05 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

sweet as thanks. so how often do u train?? do you go in tournaments??

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:12 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

ive never been to a tournament...im only a beginner(white belt) but hopefully im going to get a promotion...but i am planning on going to an isshryu (i know i spelled that wrong!)tournament next year...as for days i go every monday and wensday...also just now ive started going to one of the dojo's blackbelts house to go train...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:26 AM
spidergrl
Living

awsome yea. im black belt in taekwondo, its fun and all but i realli want a variety of martial arts. as i said i would like to do kung fu or karate. this aint realia martial art but i would like to do fiencing?? the one with the swords - that would be funi as

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:30 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i consider fencing to be a martial art...after all its origin came from all of the dueling that occured in olden days...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 05:45 AM
spidergrl
Living

yea tru point. i reackon it would be awsome martial art to take. like it would teach you some really good techniques and how to move fast and it would come in handle in the street if someone attacked you, you would no how to get around them etc.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 06:36 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

yup...but if i cant take wushu ill take a iaido(japanese sword) class...and that wont be too hard to find since my soke teaches it!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 24th, 2004 09:57 PM
spidergrl
Living

that would be awsome as well. i love mucking round with swords etc

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 05:07 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

http://www.martialinfo.com/MartialMainFrame.htm

check that out....you can find alot of schools here...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2004 09:49 PM
spidergrl
Living

thanks

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 05:54 AM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

they have a search on there but theres way too many results...is there anyway to search for one specific art?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 05:58 AM
spidergrl
Living

umm just looking around on it now

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 07:41 AM
Ryan10000000000
Restricted

Account Restricted

IVE BEEN DOING KARATE 4 6 YEARS AND HAVE BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH ALOT OF STYLES OF MARTIAL ARTS

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 08:52 AM
Ryan10000000000 is currently offline Click here to Send Ryan10000000000 a Private Message Find more posts by Ryan10000000000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

awsum. wat belt r u

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 10:03 PM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I used to do Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido, boxing, and kick boxing (western)...I quit when i moved a year ago, ive been wanting to go train again but the places to train here are limited and I am going to school so my time is limited so im alittle out of practice, but could still defend myself against most so...

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 03:10 AM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

awsome. where do you live?? we have 2 clubs near where i live, so its alright a

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 06:51 AM
Turbo-Cajun
Big Baby Jesus

I used to live in Minneapolis Minnesota (literally 100s of places to train), now i live in Marshall, MN (population <13000) and there like 2 places i could do tae kwo do, but one has really stupid rules about when you can sign up, and how long you need to sign up for at a time, its high cost.....shit i havent had to deal with in the past, and refuse to start dealing with now....and the other has only very limited hours that dont really work with my schedule and its a different style than I trained in before, and i think that its pretty lame kind of stuff compared to what i was learning before...not very effective, yet showy, so i dunno i guess i cant really do much here till im done with school or i move somewhere else...sigh...

Ytaker agreed with me once on October 9th, 2004

Old Post Sep 28th, 2004 03:43 PM
Turbo-Cajun is currently offline Click here to Send Turbo-Cajun a Private Message Find more posts by Turbo-Cajun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote