KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Kimbo Slice vs Ray Mercer

Kimbo Slice vs Ray Mercer
Started by: MightyEInherjar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

Kimbo Slice vs Ray Mercer

Kimbo Slice trys to take on someone more than a backyard brawler..

anyone planning on watching?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 07:43 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

at first, i thought Mercer was going to walk right through Kimbo. i was calling it Mercer via KO

now that i know Kimbo is training with Bas Rutten, it's obvious Kimbo is more prepared than before.

Kimbo via GnP in the early first round.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 07:57 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

I am watching it...but why does it start so late? I need some sleep.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 10:47 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Kimbo might beat the crap out of him.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 02:31 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Kimbo might beat the crap out of him.
if Kimbo learned anything from Bas Rutten, then he's ready for sure.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 03:37 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Healing Artisan
if Kimbo learned anything from Bas Rutten, then he's ready for sure.

I think he's ready. I hope he wins.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 04:57 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Kimbo won. Mercer was not prepared at all. he had no idea what to do in the fight.

Bas Rutten really trained Kimbo well. the guillotine was sinked in nice. Mercer came in this fight with no mma knowledge. dissapointing. anyway, Mercer has nothing to prove. he's a ****ing legend.

Last edited by Dr. Leg Kick on Jun 24th, 2007 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 05:15 AM
Cosmo Kramer

That was stupid.Whenever Kimbo fights its by his rules. When he fought Gannon they interfered and said "no grappling" and when he fights in the MMA they put him up against an old retired boxer. If he fought a UFC fight, the leauge would make sure the rules were in his favor.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 06:52 PM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

He will fight old people from now on.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 06:52 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
That was stupid.Whenever Kimbo fights its by his rules. When he fought Gannon they interfered and said "no grappling" and when he fights in the MMA they put him up against an old retired boxer. If he fought a UFC fight, the leauge would make sure the rules were in his favor.
Kimbo is just beginning. he still needs to learn, and Bas is the best trainer out there. Kimbo has a bright future. i'm not a fan, but i dont want him to suceed. i dont want people thinking MMA is a streetfighting sport.

Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer
He will fight old people from now on.
age doesn't play a factor in MMA. look at Randy Couture, he's over 40 and HW UFC Champ.

Mercer just wasn't prepared. he had no idea what to do on the ground.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 08:37 PM
StyleTime

Kimbo has a bright future. i'm not a fan, but i dont want him to suceed. i dont want people thinking MMA is a streetfighting sport.

I hate to sound mean to Kimbo since I don't know him, but I completely agree with you man. I hope Kimbo gets utterly destroyed before he fights anyone worth anything in MMA.

UFC is already ruining the MMA image with this whole "brawl/grudgematch" image they are trying to portray. If Kimbo succeeds, people will think MMA is just a toughman competition or a glorified streetfight. sad MMA is already running into problems because it's "too violent". The last thing we need is some dude off the street doing well.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 11:28 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by StyleTime
I hate to sound mean to Kimbo since I don't know him, but I completely agree with you man. I hope Kimbo gets utterly destroyed before he fights anyone worth anything in MMA.

UFC is already ruining the MMA image with this whole "brawl/grudgematch" image they are trying to portray. If Kimbo succeeds, people will think MMA is just a toughman competition or a glorified streetfight. sad MMA is already running into problems because it's "too violent". The last thing we need is some dude off the street doing well.
that's why i prefer K1 Kickboxing and Abu Dhabi tournaments.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 01:16 AM
Caps Conscience

Why don't you want a dude off the streets doing well doing what he is good at. If he goes back to the streets he is going to be hurting innocent people. At least in MMA he gets to put his skills to good use. I really don't know about some you guys......................

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 02:40 AM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Why don't you want a dude off the streets doing well doing what he is good at. If he goes back to the streets he is going to be hurting innocent people. At least in MMA he gets to put his skills to good use. I really don't know about some you guys......................
i have nothing against Kimbo, except for the fact that he has depicted himself as a streetfighter.

joining MMA makes it seem like the sport is nothing but brawling (referring to ignorant people). the sport loses the art of diversity in disciplines. i dont want 'streetfighting' to later be considered a discipline.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 03:41 AM
Caps Conscience

i have nothing against Kimbo, except for the fact that he has depicted himself as a streetfighter.

joining MMA makes it seem like the sport is nothing but brawling (referring to ignorant people). the sport loses the art of diversity in disciplines. i dont want 'streetfighting' to later be considered a discipline.

He can't deny what he is, and he didn't fight Mercer like streetfighter. He used real MMA skills. The guy is legit and crazy explosive if he stays focused he has good potential in MMA. If he fought Gannon the same way he fought Mercer he would be undefeated right now. As fan of MMA I want to see anybody thats has the tools to make exciting fight I don't care where they come from, period. Are you telling me that you would rather see Tim Silvia fight then Kimbo Slice? wink

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 10:01 AM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

My friends and I were arguing the other night over who Kimbo could and could not take. How do you think he would do against Mike Tyson (Prime), Randy Savage (Prime), Mr. T (Prime) and Mariusz Pudzianowski?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 04:07 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

He can't deny what he is, and he didn't fight Mercer like streetfighter. He used real MMA skills. The guy is legit and crazy explosive if he stays focused he has good potential in MMA. If he fought Gannon the same way he fought Mercer he would be undefeated right now. As fan of MMA I want to see anybody thats has the tools to make exciting fight I don't care where they come from, period. Are you telling me that you would rather see Tim Silvia fight then Kimbo Slice? wink
i never said he doesn't have great potential in MMA. anyone that works with Bas has potential. i understand he didn't fight Mercer with 'streetfighting' but that's what ignorant people will believe. I dont want MMA to be considered streetfighting.

Tim Sylvia? lol actually i wouldn't mind seeing that fight in the near future.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 06:20 PM
Caps Conscience

i never said he doesn't have great potential in MMA. anyone that works with Bas has potential. i understand he didn't fight Mercer with 'streetfighting' but that's what ignorant people will believe. I dont want MMA to be considered streetfighting.

Tim Sylvia? lol actually i wouldn't mind seeing that fight in the near future.

So because ignorant people are going to think ignorant thoughts you want this man to fail? roll eyes (sarcastic) That is just straight up wrong he deserves to be in there regardless of what anybody says if he is winning honing his skills in MMA he deserves his shot regardless of where he came from.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:03 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

So because ignorant people are going to think ignorant thoughts you want this man to fail? roll eyes (sarcastic) That is just straight up wrong he deserves to be in there regardless of what anybody says if he is winning honing his skills in MMA he deserves his shot regardless of where he came from.
did i say i want him to fail? i said i dont want him to suceed to a level of the likes of Fedor, Cro Cop etc...

ignorance spreads like a disease.

people still think on other forums that Aleksander Emelianenko is a nazi. laughing out loud

like i said, i dont want people to call this sport streetfighting.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:29 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Who is Kimbo gonna fight next?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 10:23 PM