KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » What team from the past or present could beat the Patriots and why?

What team from the past or present could beat the Patriots and why?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

07 Pats vs 98 Broncos

All this week I will be picking out great single year teams and pitting them against this years Patriots lineup. Who wins this game and why?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ok well I say the Broncos take this. It would be a grueling game but the running game of the Broncos would definitely tire out the Pats defense in the fourth quarter not to mention the time of possession would be in Denvers favor.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 08:09 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

98 Broncos was an impressive team. The Steelers beat them in the regular season and I started partying for about 10 straight hours afterwards. Then, of course, they lost to them in the playoffs.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:31 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

92 Cowboys vs 07 Patriots

Who wins and why?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 12:23 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Cowboys 7/10. O-line was every bit as insane as the Pats, they had a great D, better running game. And didn't they have Deion in his prime? Deion vs. Moss is a matchup I'd truly like to see.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 03:55 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Cowboys 7/10. O-line was every bit as insane as the Pats, they had a great D, better running game. And didn't they have Deion in his prime? Deion vs. Moss is a matchup I'd truly like to see.
Deion didnt come to the Cowboys until 95. He was out of his prime imo at that time but was still the best cover corner. I think thier good corner back then was Kevin Smith. They had Darren Woodson I think at safety. This team was one of the best of all time. They really had no weaknesses and I dont think the Pats defense would stop them at all. The would drive on them at will.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 03:57 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think I would rather have the 95 Boys though.

Sanders, which is considered the best corner to ever play the game and having Darren Woodson, who I respect alot and I still think he was on of the best all around SS in the NFL. He could cover slot recievers man coverage and do extremely well.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 04:18 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Smasandian
I think I would rather have the 95 Boys though.

Sanders, which is considered the best corner to ever play the game and having Darren Woodson, who I respect alot and I still think he was on of the best all around SS in the NFL. He could cover slot recievers man coverage and do extremely well.
They didnt have Alvin Harper though and were nowhere near as dominant as they were in 92. They had a better record a better offense and defense as a whole as well.

They barely beat the Steelers in 95 and it was because of those two horrendous picks thrown to Larry Brown.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 04:24 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont go by records, or stats when it comes to having two teams that are facing against each other that are from different decades.

I'm just going by players.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:23 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I dont go by records, or stats when it comes to having two teams that are facing against each other that are from different decades.

I'm just going by players.
Ok well imo the 92 Cowboys were superior to the 95 Cowboys. Everything backs this up. The 95 boys were the weakest version of the Cowboys in the three years they won it all.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 03:22 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by quanchi112
They didnt have Alvin Harper though and were nowhere near as dominant as they were in 92. They had a better record a better offense and defense as a whole as well.

They barely beat the Steelers in 95 and it was because of those two horrendous picks thrown to Larry Brown.

I know deep down in my heart O'donnel wa paid off to throw those interceptions to him.there was not a freaking reciever anywhere nearby when he threw those 2 picks.I could see that happening once,but twice? No way he was paid off.Plus he went and signed for the jets the next year who was like the worst team in the NFL at that time.they only one way game that year so he got to the point where he only played the game for the love of the money instead of the love for the game.I lauhed my ass off when the jets let him go after only being there a couple years.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:13 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ok well imo the 92 Cowboys were superior to the 95 Cowboys. Everything backs this up. The 95 boys were the weakest version of the Cowboys in the three years they won it all.

oh yeah for sure.The 92 Cowboys were easily their best team.Like you or someone else mentioned,thats when they were dominant because thats when they had Alvin Harper.Once they lost Harper to free agency,they lost their swagger and were not near as dominant in 95 as they were in 92.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:15 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mr Parker
oh yeah for sure.The 92 Cowboys were easily their best team.Like you or someone else mentioned,thats when they were dominant because thats when they had Alvin Harper.Once they lost Harper to free agency,they lost their swagger and were not near as dominant in 95 as they were in 92.
Yeah the 92 Cowboys are considered by most analysts to be the strongest Cowboys team to date. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:19 PM
quanchi112
Disney

1994 49ers vs 2007 Patriots

Who wins and why?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 08:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx

niners because of Rices' Christ-like abilities.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I know deep down in my heart O'donnel wa paid off to throw those interceptions to him.there was not a freaking reciever anywhere nearby when he threw those 2 picks.I could see that happening once,but twice? No way he was paid off.Plus he went and signed for the jets the next year who was like the worst team in the NFL at that time.they only one way game that year so he got to the point where he only played the game for the love of the money instead of the love for the game.I lauhed my ass off when the jets let him go after only being there a couple years.

Don't go conspiracy on us. If you win SB's in the NFL you get paid exorbitant amounts of money. Maybe if this was, I dunno lacrosse, you'd have a point. But no, he just threw some sh*tty passes. There's no money in playing badly in the NFL...even if the short-term gain is better, the long-term is painfully worse. Anyone can see that.

And I'm a hardcore Steelers fan, so if there was a case to be made, I'd make it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 02:34 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Cant we stop doing these threads.

Cant it just be one of them?

Your giving football fans on this forum a bad name. We usually complained about the amount of soccer threads there were, now its the other way around.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 04:49 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Cant we stop doing these threads.

Cant it just be one of them?

Your giving football fans on this forum a bad name. We usually complained about the amount of soccer threads there were, now its the other way around.
It is superbowl week and if you dont like this you dont have to post. I said I was going to do this. I never understood posters who dont like the idea of a thread and then posting in it just to complain. Either give your opinion or just ignore the thread.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 04:58 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's just useless to have a thread for every team that could, or is better than the Patriots of this year.

Why cant it just be one thread?

How many are you going to make?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 05:21 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Keep the the Comic vs. forums or the Pats thread.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 05:38 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote